(OT) Hair loss

A bit off topic, but I need some advice about my balding. I am only 23, and already have a much larger forehead than I did a few years ago. I was hoping this would happen after I got married, so my wife would just have to accept it, but I am still single, and twenty-something ladies don't seem to want a guy with no hair. I see all the ads on TV about regenerating hair, but, with most stuff, I am skeptical. Has anyone had any experience with any of those? Rogaine? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I do look good with a shaved head, but I think I look better with hair.

Being Italian sucks sometimes - I grow hair all over my body, but not on the top of my head anymore!

A bit off topic, but I need some advice about my balding.  I am only 23, and already have a much larger forehead than I did a few years ago.  I was hoping this would happen after I got married, so my wife would just have to accept it, but I am still single, and twenty-something ladies don't seem to want a guy with no hair.  I see all the ads on TV about regenerating hair, but, with most stuff, I am skeptical.  Has anyone had any experience with any of those?  Rogaine?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I do look good with a shaved head, but I think I look better with hair.

Being Italian sucks sometimes - I grow hair all over my body, but not on the top of my head anymore!

324069[/snapback]

I'm in the same boat as you. I just turned 23 in March. I have noticed my forehead getting bigger and my hair is definitely receding pretty fast. I've thought about some of those hair treatment things, but I too am skeptical. Lately, I've just been throwing a hat on whenever I go out of the house.

324069[/snapback]

:lol: Being Polish isn't any easier! I always had a thick, full, head of hair, Robert Plant style! I started losing it pretty fast, when I hit about 25 or 26. Now I am 40, and I worried about it for 10 years. Finally, I just decied to shave my head. It is kind of hard to get used to at first, but you start to get used to it, and it feels good! And silly and cliche as it sounds, you do get more attention from the ladies, as long as your head isn't too oddly shaped....

A guy I work with used Rogaine for about two years. He did grow some hair, but it was still very thin, and instead of looking like a bald guy, he just looked like a guy who was fighting off baldness. People still always thought of him as being bald, even though the Rogaine did increase his hair growth. The stuff is very expensive, and finally, he came to the same conclusion that I did. He now shaves his head as well, and has been much more successful with the ladies than he used to. Where we work, the ladies far outnumber the guys. Once they ask you if they can touch your head, they are yours..... :lol: Good luck, and don't sweat it!

A bit off topic, but I need some advice about my balding.  I am only 23, and already have a much larger forehead than I did a few years ago.  I was hoping this would happen after I got married, so my wife would just have to accept it, but I am still single, and twenty-something ladies don't seem to want a guy with no hair.  I see all the ads on TV about regenerating hair, but, with most stuff, I am skeptical.  Has anyone had any experience with any of those?  Rogaine?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I do look good with a shaved head, but I think I look better with hair.

324069[/snapback]

Its not whats on your head, its whats in your head. Get over it. Trust me, this vanity will pass. If the woman your seeing are worried about how much hair you have on your head, you're seeing the wrong woman. !@#$, shave it off, move on.

BTW, being Italian has nothing to do with it, dont hate your heritage. Damn man, you're pissing me off........... :lol:

Doesn't anyone go to the doctor anymore?

324072[/snapback]

If I had any kind of health insurance, and didn't spend months at a time away from home on buisness, I would have already gone :lol:

Last time I was at the doctor was when I was 19, when I first noticed the recession. He told me it was nothing to worry about. That same doctor a few years before (when I was 17 or 18) said that Ephedra was OK to take. Shows how much they know.

Doesn't anyone go to the doctor anymore?

324072[/snapback]

What is this, a bonus "free advice" day? AD is right. You should go to a doctor. If you have insurance (and hopefully you do) it likely wouldn't cost you more than $25 to talk to a doctor. Sometimes, hairloss can be treated simply be adding or subtracting something from your diet. If you are that concerned about it, by all means check with a doctor.

BTW, when I started losing it, I started wearing baseball caps. I had never been a "hat person" before, and a doctor told me that wearing a cap could actually percipitate your hair loss. Now, since I am completely bald, and don't care, I only wear baseball caps to protect my head from the sun!

Its not whats on your head, its whats in your head. Get over it. Trust me, this vanity will pass. If the woman your seeing are worried about how much hair you have on  your head, you're seeing the wrong woman. !@#$, shave it off, move on.

BTW, being Italian has nothing to do with it, dont hate your heritage. Damn man, you're pissing me off........... :lol:

324082[/snapback]

Just for the record, the Italian crack was just an attempt at humor. God knows that he gave me a jungle :lol:

As far as women go, it isnt that I am seeing anyone that at the moment, but it just kicks my confidence a bit.

If I had any kind of health insurance, and didn't spend months at a time away from home on buisness, I would have already gone :lol:

Last time I was at the doctor was when I was 19, when I first noticed the recession.  He told me it was nothing to worry about.  That same doctor a few years before (when I was 17 or 18) said that Ephedra was OK to take.  Shows how much they know.

324083[/snapback]

Ephedra Witch Hunt Stopped. As usual, something that works for millions of people who can read a label was taken off shelves because it acted as chlorine for the gene pool.

Sorry, I'd believe a doctor alot sooner than someone on the internet. Your doctor can evaluate YOUR physical condition and explain the risks of YOUR using something like Rogain or Propecia.

Or you could buy a razor. :lol:

Last time I was at the doctor was when I was 19, when I first noticed the recession.  He told me it was nothing to worry about.  That same doctor a few years before (when I was 17 or 18) said that Ephedra was OK to take.  Shows how much they know.

324083[/snapback]

Shhhh!

Don't say that too loudly on this board... Because EVERYBODY that works must have good health insurance?

The issue isn't really your hair. You should be concerned about your yearly check-ups!

324069[/snapback]

You haven't crossed paths with Tom Donahoe have you? He has some bad mojo man. If he made a little Clockwork doll you might as well forget it. Your life as you know it is over. :lol:

Personally I would just go with it. Have confidence in yourself and everything will fall into place.

Or you could buy a razor.  :lol:

324090[/snapback]

That seems to be the route I will take. Although I will always imagine myself coming out of a swimming pool and running my hand through my mane. Those commericals make it look so cool!

Just for the record, the Italian crack was just an attempt at humor.  God knows that he gave me a jungle :lol:

As far as women go, it isnt that I am seeing anyone that at the moment, but it just kicks my confidence a bit.

324087[/snapback]

Fine. For the record. I went to college with this guy who was a spitting image of Charles Bronson, pock marks, thining hair. etc. The guy got more kitty than most of the dudes in the whole town, top quality girls. You know why? Confidence in who he was. They admired who he was, and the intelligence of the man, once in bed, it was up to him. So your lame azz excuse about woman and your heritage is quite stinky over here. Though, as a Bill's fan, I wish you luck. :P

Oh, grow up ;):lol:

I started losing my hair in high school. I tried Rogaine but it didn't seem to do much so I just let it go. All I can say is embrace it and don't let it bother you and have fun with it. I like to tell people I'm not bald but going for the reverse mohawk look.

You haven't crossed paths with Tom Donahoe have you?  He has some bad mojo man.  If he made a little Clockwork doll you might as well forget it.  Your life as you know it is over. :lol:

Personally I would just go with it.  Have confidence in yourself and everything will fall into place.

324094[/snapback]

TD has already made my dog run away, my cat have fleas, and gave my little brother scabies! If all he has in for me is a fading hairline, Ill take it.

I started losing my hair in high school. I tried Rogaine but it didn't seem to do much so I just let it go. All I can say is embrace it and don't let it bother you and have fun with it. I like to tell people I'm not bald but going for the reverse mohawk look.

324097[/snapback]

:lol:

That is like a fat guy saying "Gravity just likes me better than you", or me saying my hair likes my pillow more than my head.

I suppose its OK, because I can be charming sometimes, and that never hurts with the ladies!