Alec Baldwin accidentally kills movie crew member (real bullet accidentally put in prop gun)

19 hours ago, phypon said:

I might get flamed for this, but I don't see this as AB's fault.  Was it a terrible accident?  Yes.  Was it preventable?  Yes.  If you invite a person to a toy gun shoot out where no live ammo is supposed to be allowed on the premises (I mean, it's a f*cking movie set for crying out loud), why would anyone think there would be live ammo on the set?  

I personally don't like, nor care about Alec Baldwin or his movies, and especially not his politics.  In this case, idk, can't see him being at fault.  I mean, really, someone handed him a live/hot firearm to practice with on set?  That seems awfully suspect to me.  Can't stand him, but have to give him a pass on this one.  Put yourself in his shoes.  He trusted the people around him.  

I think part of the concern is that Baldwin was the producer of the movie as well, and there was substantial horsec*ckery on the set with precious little attention to detail.  It’s difficult to imagine a scenario where the failure to provide a safe, secure set without live ammo is part of his problem.  His perspective is “Nothing is my fault”. 

20 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Because he thought it was loaded with blanks. Because it was expressly someone else's job to ensure that it was loaded with blanks before she handed it to him. We overuse that joke "You had one job ... ." But here she literally had one job. She failed. Ridiculously, preposterously, in an absolutely unprecedented way. She should be doing a lot more than 18 months or whatever. She quite clearly "killed" the cinematographer.

You don't like these analogies, but here's another one:

The scene calls for an actor to set fire to a house after soaking it with gasoline. I've seen this scene in way too many films. The director failed to take a propane tank out of the vicinity of the fire. It explodes and kills someone. Actor's fault? No.

I don’t know much about theatrical productions, but do movie sets really use gasoline poured about to create that sort of scene?  I think there are substantially more controls in place, which goes back to his responsibility as the big dog on set. 

• Like (+1) 2

Spray bullets randomly around a movie set.  Reload and do it four more times.  Kill innocent girl.  Pay off lib judge.  Get case dismissed.  What a country.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Irv said:

Spray bullets randomly around a movie set.  Reload and do it four more times.  Kill innocent girl.  Pay off lib judge.  Get case dismissed.  What a country.  What a mess.  

I don’t about that, but it’s interesting that the defense was successful in arguing the prosecution was not transparent and withheld evidence from the defense. 

I was surprised because it seems when discussing novel cases, suspension of statutes of limitations, political hearings  and subcommittees, that sort of thing never happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Irv said:

The bullet killed the woman.  Not the guy firing it at the woman.  Typical lib thinking.

But I hope the armorer gets out of jail on the same technicality.  Screw the dead woman completely.

• Eyeroll 1

Did we ever get to the point where someone is know have allowed real bullets on a movie set? I have dealt with enough theatre people to know that you don't have live ammo anywhere near the set for any reason. The problem starts there, so if Baldwin allowed it, and then held the gun he is responsible. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Did we ever get to the point where someone is know have allowed real bullets on a movie set? I have dealt with enough theatre people to know that you don't have live ammo anywhere near the set for any reason. The problem starts there, so if Baldwin allowed it, and then held the gun he is responsible. 

I’m pretty sure no one said he was innocent yesterday. Just another crooked DA withholding evidence. He got away on a technicality.

And my question always has been why was live ammo on the set of a movie? I highly doubt he would have allowed that. I think it’s got more to do with the armorer.

1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

I’m pretty sure no one said he was innocent yesterday. Just another crooked DA withholding evidence. He got away on a technicality.

And my question always has been why was live ammo on the set of a movie? I highly doubt he would have allowed that. I think it’s got more to do with the armorer.

Some sicko maybe planted it? I mean who knows. Anyone with a brain would know that its wrong, but perhaps there was evil intent by someone who was not charged

51 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Some sicko maybe planted it? I mean who knows. Anyone with a brain would know that its wrong, but perhaps there was evil intent by someone who was not charged

The murder still required someone pointing the gun right at her and pulling the trigger.  A bullet can't kill someone just sitting in a gun.

Baldwin found out the deceased was a Trump supporter.  Loaded the gun with real bullets and started shooting.  Guy is a scumbag.  It's the only logical solution.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv

Ahh, New Mexico, my very special neighbor to the south. I know it well ... very nice people, very beautiful landscapes, very inefficient and corrupt leadership ... let's just say I'm not surprised that this whole thing started as a fiasco there and ended as a farce.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Probably a liberal. They cause the most crime in this country. Very hateful bunch they are.

• Like (+1) 1

Rich guy getting off? How? Why?

Amazing how you could.just replace the name Baldwin with Trump and all the logic would make sense to you MAGA tards

On 7/11/2024 at 11:53 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Because he thought it was loaded with blanks. Because it was expressly someone else's job to ensure that it was loaded with blanks before she handed it to him. We overuse that joke "You had one job ... ." But here she literally had one job. She failed. Ridiculously, preposterously, in an absolutely unprecedented way. She should be doing a lot more than 18 months or whatever. She quite clearly "killed" the cinematographer.

You don't like these analogies, but here's another one:

The scene calls for an actor to set fire to a house after soaking it with gasoline. I've seen this scene in way too many films. The director failed to take a propane tank out of the vicinity of the fire. It explodes and kills someone. Actor's fault? No.

You don’t get it

Hollywood libtard = guilty😛

• Haha (+1) 1