Alec Baldwin accidentally kills movie crew member (real bullet accidentally put in prop gun)

• 2 months later...

The armorer who allegedly brought live ammo to the set just got the max 18 months in the clink.  Looks like that lunatic, hot head, Baldwin will spend some time in the Gray Bar Hotel for his Cowboys and Indians shooting spree.  Treating firearms like toys.  Spraying bullets in all directions.  Complete indifference for the human life.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Baldwin pissing himself first day on trial.  Going to pay for his total disregard for others lives.  Guns are not toys you use playing Cowboys and Indians.  

30 minutes ago, Irv said:

Baldwin pissing himself first day on trial.  Going to pay for his total disregard for others lives.  Guns are not toys you use playing Cowboys and Indians.  

You have an unhealthy obsession with other people's alleged incontinence.  You might want to have that checked out.

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

You have an unhealthy obsession with other people's alleged incontinence.  You might want to have that checked out.

So does your momma…last night.  

They say they have proof he pulled the trigger.  But at least he admitting to cocking the gun in that poor decision interview with AC.  He lets go and the hammer hits the bullet, the gun goes off.

Idiotic prosecution.

I'm no Alec Baldwin fan. "Name a good Alec Baldwin performance?" I have to go way, way back to Glengarry Glenross.

But really. He's an actor. An actor handed a prop to be used in a scene. There's a requirement that a movie set has an armorer (I had never known that such a job exists) precisely to make sure that any firearms on set are safe an properly handled. She failed in a preposterous, almost unbelievable way. The script has him shooting a gun directly at someone. I fail to see any criminal liability, or even civil liability.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Idiotic prosecution.

I'm no Alec Baldwin fan. "Name a good Alec Baldwin performance?" I have to go way, way back to Glengarry Glenross.

But really. He's an actor. An actor handed a prop to be used in a scene. There's a requirement that a movie set has an armorer (I had never known that such a job exists) precisely to make sure that any firearms on set are safe an properly handled. She failed in a preposterous, almost unbelievable way. The script has him shooting a gun directly at someone. I fail to see any criminal liability, or even civil liability.

Responsibility lies in who holds the gun. Weapon safety 101.

Just now, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Responsibility lies in who holds the gun. Weapon safety 101.

Do actors take a weapon safety course? Is there evidence of that?

Let's say it's some ultra-realistic movie about a junkie. It requires an actor to actually use a needle to inject what is ostensibly saline solution into the vein of another actor. It turns out the needle has fentanyl instead of saline. Actor's fault? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Do actors take a weapon safety course? Is there evidence of that?

Let's say it's some ultra-realistic movie about a junkie. It requires an actor to actually use a needle to inject what is ostensibly saline solution into the vein of another actor. It turns out the needle has fentanyl instead of saline. Actor's fault? 

Frank, go get some sleep, you're washed.

50 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Idiotic prosecution.

So you’re saying that despite pointing the gun and at least cocking it, leading to it firing and killing the woman, he should get off completely?  What would you say if you knew that he grew up with guns in his house?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

So you’re saying that despite pointing the gun and at least cocking it, leading to it firing and killing the woman, he should get off completely?  What would you say if you knew that he grew up with guns in his house?

Because he thought it was loaded with blanks. Because it was expressly someone else's job to ensure that it was loaded with blanks before she handed it to him. We overuse that joke "You had one job ... ." But here she literally had one job. She failed. Ridiculously, preposterously, in an absolutely unprecedented way. She should be doing a lot more than 18 months or whatever. She quite clearly "killed" the cinematographer.

You don't like these analogies, but here's another one:

The scene calls for an actor to set fire to a house after soaking it with gasoline. I've seen this scene in way too many films. The director failed to take a propane tank out of the vicinity of the fire. It explodes and kills someone. Actor's fault? No.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Because he thought it was loaded with blanks. Because it was expressly someone else's job to ensure that it was loaded with blanks before she handed it to him. We overuse that joke "You had one job ... ." But here she literally had one job. She failed. Ridiculously, preposterously, in an absolutely unprecedented way. She should be doing a lot more than 18 months or whatever. She quite clearly "killed" the cinematographer.

You don't like these analogies, but here's another one:

The scene calls for an actor to set fire to a house after soaking it with gasoline. I've seen this scene in way too many films. The director failed to take a propane tank out of the vicinity of the fire. It explodes and kills someone. Actor's fault? No.

Yes and that's why she's in prison right now.  But if Baldwin hadn't cocked the hammer back/pulled the trigger and/or pointed it at her, even with a live bullet, she's still alive right now.

And I'm not saying it was premeditated/murder but his action did lead to her death.  There needs to be some accountability.

I might get flamed for this, but I don't see this as AB's fault.  Was it a terrible accident?  Yes.  Was it preventable?  Yes.  If you invite a person to a toy gun shoot out where no live ammo is supposed to be allowed on the premises (I mean, it's a f*cking movie set for crying out loud), why would anyone think there would be live ammo on the set?  

I personally don't like, nor care about Alec Baldwin or his movies, and especially not his politics.  In this case, idk, can't see him being at fault.  I mean, really, someone handed him a live/hot firearm to practice with on set?  That seems awfully suspect to me.  Can't stand him, but have to give him a pass on this one.  Put yourself in his shoes.  He trusted the people around him.  

• Agree 2

Either way, Alec Baldwin is a bad dude (just like Cornpop). If he ends up in jail don't feel bad for him. Look up his history of verbally abusing everyone he's ever met and you won't feel bad about this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Spraying bullets randomly in all directions.  I think Baldwin is guilty of complete indifference for human life and murder.  Why is he not being charged for murder after he executed that poor innocent girl?

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Either way, Alec Baldwin is a bad dude (just like Cornpop). If he ends up in jail don't feel bad for him. Look up his history of verbally abusing everyone he's ever met and you won't feel bad about this

Including his own children. 

• Like (+1) 1