Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - no deal prior to trade deadline)

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Watson is exactly in that position.  He has a no-trade clause in his contract.  He has the right to approve (or veto) any trade.

If that’s the position he’s gonna take, Houston will never trade him.  Watson is already toxic.  In order to generate any kind of market, he’ll have to be willing to go anywhere.  Otherwise, it makes no sense for Houston to trade him for next to nothing.  

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Edited by BuffaloRebound

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think a Watson deal happens this year or any other year. 22 is a ridiculous  number when it comes down to sexual assault. Two is a massive number. One is too many. This guy is done. How we can see coach lose his job because of words, as terrible as they may be, and this guy be the subject of trade rumours is beyond me.

22 cases against him.

let me ask this simple question… Are these 22 cases all part of one claim ( like a massage parlor or something) or are some of these separate and unrelated to each other? If the answer is that some are unrelated to each other, I don’t see him ever seeing the field again in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

22 cases against him.

let me ask this simple question… Are these 22 cases all part of one claim ( like a massage parlor or something) or are some of these separate and unrelated to each other? If the answer is that some are unrelated to each other, I don’t see him ever seeing the field again in the NFL.

They are 22 different cases but I believe all of the women are being represented by Houston attorney Tony Buzbee, so they are related in that way.  

I guess it would be possible that Watson could strike a deal with Buzbee to settle all the cases.

That would take care of the civil cases.  Criminal and federal charges still up in the air.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I don’t think a Watson deal happens this year or any other year. 22 is a ridiculous  number when it comes down to sexual assault. Two is a massive number. One is too many. This guy is done. How we can see coach lose his job because of words, as terrible as they may be, and this guy be the subject of trade rumours is beyond me.

1) Charges = not convictions.  All but one want a settlement.

2) Vick admitted to strangling dogs with his own hands and he played again.  Other heinous  examples exist.

3)  Watson is too rare a commodity,  Unless D Watson is convicted in a court of law he will play again.

4) If the Dolphins or Panther were really morally abhorrent and against trading for Watson they would have made a big public statement "we will never trade for D Watson under those horrific allegations, blah blah blah"  , which would have also provided the teams with a lot of praise.

3 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

22 cases against him.

My understanding of the case is that Watson had trouble understanding the difference between massage parlors and licensed massage therapists. He expected the same outcome, so to speak. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

22 cases against him.

Some of these charges I would guess are money grabs.  

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

no one, not even CPS, would consider my response to your misstatement “a fight”.

anyway, you could have just said “I don’t have such a link because obviously there is none.  I misspoke”….

It wasn’t my information but of course you know that.  We were discussing you “proving” another poster wrong even though everything he said was correct.  

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm going to guess the "league source" is someone in Watson's camp pushing for someone, anyone, to trade for him. They tried using smoke out of Miami as leverage to get other teams interested and it isn't working. Probably because teams don't want to trade for a player with an uncertain future. I bet he sticks on Houston's inactive list for the remainder of the season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

My understanding of the case is that Watson had trouble understanding the difference between massage parlors and licensed massage therapists. He expected the same outcome, so to speak. 

I'm pretty sure he was confusing massage parlors/massage therapists with a proctologist.  And why would such a young, healthy man be so worried about his prostate?

32 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No i dont care to share because I dont think you really care.  You are probably just hoping i will write "the wrong thing " and then jump all over it, that is your typical mo.

I actually am interested, which I guess isn't the same as caring, per se.  I just found what you said to be a little odd and wondered why you would assume that all 22 women are not victims.

54 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

2) Vick admitted to strangling dogs with his own hands and he played again.

He sure did but that was back in 2007.  It seems to me that some things have changed and it's 2021.

For better or for worse it's a different world now.

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

22 cases against him.

They are unrelated. Some of them were in different states. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/05/21/new-information-proper-context-for-deshaun-watson-sexual-misconduct-lawsuits-daily-cover

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/03/29/first-hand-story-of-deshaun-watson-inappropriate-behavior-not-in-lawsuit

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/08/13/the-problems-with-deshaun-watson-nfl-investigation

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He sure did but that was back in 2007.  It seems to me that some things have changed and it's 2021.

For better or for worse it's a different world now.

This is a valid point but I still think he plays again....again assuming no conviction.

If and it is a big IF what "his camp" is saying that if he settles he wants all the settlements  to be public , that is pretty uncommon for the accuser wanting such disclosure.  A veiled way of hinting he is not "as guilty" as many think.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive