Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

I can't give my opinion on that one. However, iirc no one was close to Jackson's passing numbers that season. Plus I think they went 14-2 blowing out almost everyone they played.

You can't give your opinion on that one?  You think Lamar won it based solely on his passing?

Few guys IMO have been more important to their teams overall success then Allen has for the Bills these last two seasons. Him and Lamar these last two years have probably shouldered the same amount of pressure and responsibility for their teams success. 

Bills simply can’t run the ball with any consistency for two years now. Allen has been our biggest rushing threat and that hasn’t always been by design.

Compare Allen and the Bills to Rodgers and the Packers or Brady and the Bucs. Those two teams have great ground games that the QB’s can rely on.

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

The Bills can't run becaue they don't really try, and they have middling talent at the RB position.

That has nothing to do with Josh.  Yet he's able to overcome it.

As for the Ravens, they're getting about 1750-2000 yards rushing outside of what they're getting from Lamar.  That's amazing.

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

and they have middling talent at the RB position.

Not entirely convinced it is a talent issue. But if it is I still would not invest more than a 3rd round pick into the position in an attempt to get better talent. Aaron Jones was drafted in the 5th round. Alvin Kamara in the 3rd round. 

And there are plenty more examples. Odds are both backs or at a minimum one is fully capable of much more production then what we have seen.

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Probably because he plays QB and not RB.

Most Valuable Player... He is a multi tool QB... Aka the most valuable player. Good luck being grumpy. Touches the ball the most and is the reason they win most of these games.

Edited by TBBills

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Maybe it does. Maybe with Allen they will just continue to recyle 3rd round RB's because of Allen's participation in the running game. I think at some point they are going to need elite talent at that position to realize a championship.

Pre-2000 this was the way to build a team. Drafting RB’s high. But things have changed greatly over the last 21 seasons.

15 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Maybe it does. Maybe with Allen they will just continue to recyle 3rd round RB's because of Allen's participation in the running game. I think at some point they are going to need elite talent at that position to realize a championship.

Or maybe see a high round RB pick as a wasted investment considering few (no?) teams have won the SB in the past few decades with a great RB that they drafted?

On 11/1/2021 at 2:50 AM, Doc said:

Individual accolades are great, but I just rather he play at an MVP level.  Considering how poor the offensive line was today, his performance is even more noteworthy.

Agreed...The Dolphins DTs were over powering our oL and on Josh's face consistently.  He made great plays with his feet and his arm.  Without a running game, this was as good a performance from Josh like some of the other games.

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

The Bills can't run becaue they don't really try, and they have middling talent at the RB position.

And very average Interior line play.  You can't run if you run into your OWN Center !!!!!

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

IMO the award is stats based, when Allen has the most yards and TD passes + at least tied for most wins, I'll consider him #1 in the MVP race.

Your refusal to factor in rushing yards and TDs in the NFL MVP conversation in today's NFL proves you're just being obstinate.

2015 NFL MVP Cam Newton and 2019 NFL MVP Lamar Jackson called me and told me to tell you that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My 2021 MVP front runners would look like this:

1. Matt Stafford

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Tom Brady

4. Josh Allen

Derrick Henry and Russel Wilson (125.3 rating, 72% completion, only one INT in 5 games) were both having really strong years before they got hurt, but ... they got hurt.

16 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Josh Allen is in the MVP talk. However, we have ways to go. Wait until the regular season is over. If Josh rushed in 5 touchdowns all of a sudden within the next 3 games, look out.

Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford, Derrick Henry all have compelling arguments thus far. WR Cooper Kupp is having a helluva season right now, but he's not winning the MVP award so I'll cross him out.

Yeah, talking about who the MVP is during the first half of the season is kind of like putting the Christmas decorations up in September. 

They both make a lot more sense after Thanksgiving. 

Cool stat:

The Dolphins can't figure out how to stop Josh Allen. The Bills quarterback threw two TD passes against the Dolphins, which means he has now throw multiple TD passes in all eight of his career games against Miami. This makes Allen the first player in NFL history to throw multiple TD passes in each of his first eight games against a single opponent.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/19/2021 at 1:38 PM, Dr.Sack said:

Tier I (1-6) 

1 - Kyler Murray (6-0) 

2 - Lamar Jackson (5-1) 

3 - Tom Brady (5-1) 

4 - Dak Prescott (5-1) 

5 - Matthew Stafford (5-1) 

6 - Aaron Rodgers (5-1) 

Tier II (7-10)

7 - Derrick Henry (4-2) 

8 - Josh Allen (4-2) 

9 - Justin Herbert (4-2) 

10 -  Derek Carr (4-2) 

That's about how it looks to me too, though I'd have put Henry a lot higher before the injury. Maybe a spot or two higher for Allen as well.

Last  year, Allen was top two. This year he's only terrific.

Edited by Thurman#1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.