Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

WR is definitely a need.  

Next year, sure. If we're talking about spending draft capital on a mid-season move to put us over the top for a Super Bowl we don't need another short WR. Our biggest issues on offense are interior blocking and red zone offense. Cooks helps with neither. I don't even know where he would fit into the rotation unless we actually got rid of Beasley and moved Sanders into the slot, which I definitely don't see happening.

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Next year, sure. If we're talking about spending draft capital on a mid-season move to put us over the top for a Super Bowl we don't need another short WR. Our biggest issues on offense are interior blocking and red zone offense. Cooks helps with neither. I don't even know where he would fit into the rotation unless we actually got rid of Beasley and moved Sanders into the slot, which I definitely don't see happening.

I agree. If they do happen to make a move I highly doubt it is for a WR, unless as you said they move on from Beasley (which I also highly doubt). Yeah agree if a move is made before deadline, very good chance it would be for a particular player that does make the difference needed to get over the top. In which case I would guess OL, CB, possibly.

Unless an injury I don't see it being a WR

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Speed is the need.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Meh.  They were actually 3-2 with him (he was inactive for the Denver game), beat two 5-11 teams and in the Falcons (10-6) win, the defense allowed 147 yards rushing, and Marcel didn't register a single defensive statistic.  The defense might have suffered a little after he was traded, but the team gained immensely from shipping him out. 

And as an aside, I hope we're witnessing the same thing happening with the Sabres.

Just a reminder for those who want to remember the facts differently.   😉

https://www.cover1.net/the-impact-of-trading-dt-marcell-dareus/

Edited by BADOLBILZ

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Speed is the need.

Yep.

The Bills have receivers that get open............what they don't have are receivers who can make a lot happen in traffic with the ball in their hands.    

So the system works great when Allen is on.........when he is not sharp and the team needs RAC yards.......the offense doesn't have much of that.

A lot of fans are fixated on the Bills getting an explosive RB.......but throwing accurate and well timed passes to RB's is a glaring Allen weakness.    He could definitely use another WR who can run away from people, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 10/22/2021 at 4:48 PM, MAJBobby said:

Both improve the Team. 

Do Knox and Engram have a relationship? Did they play together at Ole Miss?

I think the Knox injury is legitimately 6 weeks. He may come back a week or two sooner tops, but a healthy Knox for playoffs is what’s needed. I think the Bills should make a move for TE that allows Knox more time, no rush. Say a week 13 or 14 return.

45 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Brandon Aiyuk might be available, his playing time has evaporated in SF.  Could probably get him for a 6th.

do you really think this?

I would be afraid of going after a 1st round pick so quickly available after an 800 yard rookie year.

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Just a reminder for those who want to remember the facts differently.   😉

https://www.cover1.net/the-impact-of-trading-dt-marcell-dareus/

The facts were as I laid out.  They were 3-2 with him that season and the one lone win against a winning team came without him doing anything.  And while it was a short-term loss, it was a long-term gain for the Bills, and his effect on the Jag's defense vanished after that season and the Jags went in the opposite direction.

• Like (+1) 1

I dont think WR is something that will be addressed at this deadline, but long term we do need a young infusion with an emphasis on speed/quicks. A player with a skill set like Rondale Moore, with serious YAC skills would take this offense to another level, IMO

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Do Knox and Engram have a relationship? Did they play together at Ole Miss?

I think the Knox injury is legitimately 6 weeks. He may come back a week or two sooner tops, but a healthy Knox for playoffs is what’s needed. I think the Bills should make a move for TE that allows Knox more time, no rush. Say a week 13 or 14 return.

Yes. Knox credited Engram with helping him develop, as he didn’t play TE prior to  college.

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also went hard after Emmanuel Sanders in 2019 and Denver wouldn’t trade him in conference (plus Denver played buffalo in a couple weeks)

the dareus trade went down 4 years ago today 

Not that you'll need it, but good luck this weekend (I'm a Penn Stater), 4 weeks ago I was actually like PSU's chances here, now I'm just hoping to stay within 3 TDs and break the spread

------------

Regarding Cooks, Cooks and Beasley don't play the same position.

Cooks would take snaps from both Sanders and Diggs

Edited by appoo

2 hours ago, Doc said:

The facts were as I laid out.  They were 3-2 with him that season and the one lone win against a winning team came without him doing anything.  And while it was a short-term loss, it was a long-term gain for the Bills, and his effect on the Jag's defense vanished after that season and the Jags went in the opposite direction.

The Bills only had 2 wins against teams with winning records in all of 2017 so that's no place to plant your flag.

It's about the style they were able to play early in the season knowing that they had a first line of defense.   Cover 1 had excellent analysis on it.  They were only 4-2 thru 6 weeks but they could also have easily been 6-0 with that defense.   Two close losses.

They weren't the same defense after the Dareus trade.  Fact.

Dareus was a really talented player and made a very significant impact in Jacksonville.....worst run defense to first run defense..........and they actually had a lead in the 4th quarter of the AFCCG against the Pats.   He was tremendous in the playoffs.    

To imply that trading Dareus was the taking off point for the McDermott regime is laughable nonsense.......which is what I was replying to in this thread.

10 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I’m shocked by this after how active he was against the Bills week 1. Not that Chiefs want to trade for him, but that the Steelers refuse to use him. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/28/report-chiefs-made-steelers-a-trade-offer-for-melvin-ingram/

Agreed. He looked really good against us. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, appoo said:

Not that you'll need it, but good luck this weekend (I'm a Penn Stater), 4 weeks ago I was actually like PSU's chances here, now I'm just hoping to stay within 3 TDs and break the spread

------------

Regarding Cooks, Cooks and Beasley don't play the same position.

Cooks would take snaps from both Sanders and Diggs

Hoping for a good game Sat night! Penn state has a lot of talent and the Buckeyes do as well but are very young almost everywhere. 

I don’t advocate trading for Cooks. I would go after a good interior OL though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hoping for a good game Sat night! Penn state has a lot of talent and the Buckeyes do as well but are very young almost everywhere. 

I don’t advocate trading for Cooks. I would go after a good interior OL though. 

Yea I wouldn't think you did - I was replying to someone else, but the the back to back post thing ends up in the same post. Just saw other folks talking Cooks & Beasley

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.