Process + patience = reward.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/gameday/for-buffalo-bills-patience-makes-perfect

For Buffalo Bills, Patience Makes Perfect

Their willingness to work with players who weren't up to speed right away is a big reason behind ascension to NFL's elite.

JA alone

After two seasons, he had completed just 56.3% of his passes — lousy by today's standards, but not as lousy as his average of 6.6 yards per attempt.

Almost every major quarterback bust of the past decade had similar or better numbers after two seasons than Allen. The list includes Robert Griffin III, Sam Bradford, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, E.J. Manuel and Sam Darnold.

OUCH

Even the biggest bust of all, the drug-addicted Johnny Manziel, had higher completion and lower interception percentages than Allen.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Gotta see that dog tonight. Gotta see it for four quarters too....

With KC getting three defenders back tonight, we need a great game from Josh.

I want to see that killer attitude tonight. I want to see it for four quarters.

If we get it, we win, simply as that, imho....

Yeah, the OL has to block, and the D with Tremaine has to be hungry, humble and hunting.....

But for some reason, I think they're both going to it. I think the receivers do their job as well.

The special teams just have to not lose the game..... It's up to Josh to win it though....

Josh has to win it.

No fumbles from our backs please.

No drops.

Hungry, humble and hunting.....

Lets Go Buffalo!

Go Bills!

Patience only lasts so long by definition.  They took major steps last season with home playoff wins.  It's time for a big road win against a great opponent.  This game comes down to 3 people.  McD, Frazier, and Daboll.  They have been outcoached by Reid and company in the last two meetings badly.  The Bills have enough talent to win.  Can these three guys put them in position to win?  

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Patience only lasts so long by definition.  They took major steps last season with home playoff wins.  It's time for a big road win against a great opponent.  This game comes down to 3 people.  McD, Frazier, and Daboll.  They have been outcoached by Reid and company in the last two meetings badly.  The Bills have enough talent to win.  Can these three guys put them in position to win?  

I agree. These 3 have got to outcoach/scheme Andy & Co.  And don't let the Chief dbs hold all night. Start chirping early.

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

As much as the coaching needs to come through, nothing beats on-field execution. Every time the offense sputters, people blame play calling. But as we've seen during the Tyrod years (and even before that), if you aren't executing, the play calling either doesn't matter, or it's forced to adjust. You can have open men downfield, man beat & completely open, but if you check down to the RB instead of taking the shot, it's not the coach who called a bad play, it's the players failing to deliver.

You can see it even more on defense, last year being a good example. After the Chiefs & Titans showed they were willing to just run every play, we still couldn't stop it no matter what the coach wanted. They tried a million different ways to stop the run, but the individual players just weren't capable of doing so. 

Coaching is definitely important, not arguing with that. I've just seen enough times where the coaching was fine, but the players sure weren't. 

13 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Coaching is definitely important, not arguing with that. I've just seen enough times where the coaching was fine, but the players sure weren't. 

Conversely, I've seen situations where the players were fine, and the coaching was subpar. The entire Rex Ryan era comes to mind.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Patience?  WTH….20 year playoff drought to playoffs first year coaching to 13-3 and AFCCG in fourth year……not fast enough?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

As Allen has improved each year the same can't be said of SI. I can't remember the last time I read or viewed any item they produced and gained meaningful insight. It's a tired old brand that's trying to maintain relevance in the "Hot Takes" world of todays sports journalism.

A buddy gave me a couple copies of some recent issues. Actually some terrific, in depth articles that were very good. I agree it's relatively useless for timely sports info. Most of the traditional magazines are, these days.

12 hours ago, TH3 said:

Patience?  WTH….20 year playoff drought to playoffs first year coaching to 13-3 and AFCCG in fourth year……not fast enough?

Captain obvious says

with it his administration!!!!

Even with the few big blunders from McDermott. 

some owners would have fired him for Peterman V Charges alone

17 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/gameday/for-buffalo-bills-patience-makes-perfect

For Buffalo Bills, Patience Makes Perfect

JA alone

OUCH

One thing they forget to add about in JA17's first two years is the lack of talent around him

Brady would have done as bad or worse in that situation.

If these talking heads had bothered to watch the games rather than just reading the newspaper box score they would have seen a rough cut diamond that just needed a little polishing.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

We are the Gold standard on how to rebuild in the NFL.

We're going to be good for a long time 

Its 1985 to 1994 all over again and the Bills now have a future HOF QB on the roster.

We have been waiting for a QB like Josh since 1996.

It hurt but he is well worth the wait :)

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

One thing they forget to add about in JA17's first two years is the lack of talent around him

Brady would have done as bad or worse in that situation.

If these talking heads had bothered to watch the games rather than just reading the newspaper box score they would have seen a rough cut diamond that just needed a little polishing.

Zay Jones was his leading receiver 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Zay Jones was his leading receiver 

No wonder his completion percentage was only 56.

Zay drops about 25% of everything thrown to him ;)

(disclaimer this is a minor exaggeration)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.