Panthers trade for Stephon Gilmore

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

No. There was/is no violations as the article from 2015 stated. At best a double look but as you see. You realize "there is nothing to see here"

I do think it's funny that fans are willing to think this deep into the Pats cheating though.

"NE Patriots, crime organization" and I just seen "scarface" last night too..

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

No. There was/is no violations as the article from 2015 stated. At best a double look but as you see. You realize "there is nothing to see here"

I do think it's funny that fans are willing to think this deep into the Pats cheating though.

"NE Patriots, crime organization" and I just seen "scarface" last night too..

To @MAJBobby’s point, Kraft did help fund TB12’s operations like it or not. Now was all that $$ paid with the purest of intentions & a contractual fair market level of return consideration (arm’s length)? That’s above my pay grade to say one way or the other, but you can’t just unilaterally claim there was never any smoke to see here, imho. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Then you haven’t been a fan of the NFL long.

Could have done without the rudeness honestly.

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

It happens several times a year - usually in training camp.  A team will announce they are cutting a player and then someone decides we want that guy and are not getting him another way and offer up a late round pick and they make a trade.  They may have been talking, but not getting a commitment and this gives a deadline and commitment to force the deal.

The transaction does not occur until 4pm - so they can put him on the cut list and pull him off several times right up until the official times.  Sometimes they have pulled guys after announcing a cut and put them back on the active roster while they work on deals - it might be days or even a week.

The media guys report out the upcoming transaction- ie. The looming cut as that is what is the news and then the GM gives a final push to either sign/trade for the guy or wait and see.  It also still gives the team a last ditch chance to control the situation. 

That all makes sense. I guess this one was different because of the magnitude of the player. The lesser players you probably don't actually hear about the release in the news until just about the 4pm deadline or they get traded before the news of the release is ever broken.

20 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

To @MAJBobby’s point, Kraft did help fund TB12’s operations like it or not. Now was all that $$ paid with the purest of intentions & a contractual fair market level of return consideration (arm’s length)? That’s above my pay grade to say one way or the other, but you can’t just unilaterally claim there was never any smoke to see here, imho. 

Kraft helping fund TB12 operations or anything of that nature was totally legal, right. By all accounts. So don't take that out of context and assume they circumventing anything especially with no facts. 

Circumventing is circumventing, point blank. They aren't the 49ers who did get caught for circumventing the salary cap. 

If the pats did, the NFL would had come down on them just like spygate and everything else. You would of had espn or reporters in general looking to dip up stuff to undercover the whole story. Which none of that has taken place. I mean u pulled up an article from 2015 which in the end said the pats didn't break any rules as far as how they paid brady.

Edited by Ghost_002!

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Maybe. I would even say that there is a strong possibility that the bolded is true. Then again, maybe not LOL. A 6th Round Pick???😮

That said, if he was the superstar that he was portrayed as yesterday, 31 GMs would have been clamoring around, even tripping over themselves trying to trade a first round pick for him and then sign him to a very costly long term deal, most of it in guaranteed bonus money. 

I guess not!!!😁 

Don't worry, despite your HUGE mistake wrt your take on the situation, your value as a poster has NOT decreased even one iota, at least not to me.

You are AOK in my opinion! 👍👍👍👍👍

Bill where do you come up with this stuff?  You do realize that if a team trades for him they have to have the cap space because his current contract stays in tact.  You do realize only a couple teams teams (Panthers being one of them) had the cap space to trade for him right?  

Hence why the Pats were going to have to cut him. Once news broke that a LONG list of suitors were inquiring, including many SB contenders, to sign him once cut (to a new contract that fits into their cap), the Panthers decided to guarantee they get him by trading for him because they could afford his salary and cap hit and were willing to pay it.  

Panthers had all the leverage, they were the only team that could actually trade for him, so Pats were either going to cut him for nothing or take a 6th round pick.  Obviously something is better than nothing.  

So sorry, literally everything you just said is not accurate.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Maybe. I would even say that there is a strong possibility that the bolded is true. Then again, maybe not LOL. A 6th Round Pick???😮

That said, if he was the superstar that he was portrayed as yesterday, 31 GMs would have been clamoring around, even tripping over themselves trying to trade a first round pick for him and then sign him to a very costly long term deal, most of it in guaranteed bonus money. 

I guess not!!!😁 

Don't worry, despite your HUGE mistake wrt your take on the situation, your value as a poster has NOT decreased even one iota, at least not to me.

You are AOK in my opinion! 👍👍👍👍👍

Are you arguing Gilmore doesn't make EVERY team's roster better? Seriously? If you take the CB at the bottom of EVERY NFL roster and replace that guy with Gilmore, there roster hasn't improved in talent?  Seriously?

He's a rental for the rest of the year. Some teams don't want/need that. He might be a bit of a headache for some. Some rosters (and coaches) can handle that more than others. Some teams simply don't have the cap space even if they wanted to sign him.

I'm still trying to figure out what Alpha's HUGE mistake was, by saying Gilmore would make every roster better. He would. Just obvious, IMO.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It wouldn't matter where he went as far as the Bills future success is concerned.  It really doesn't.

How do you figure though?  Right now, the Chiefs biggest issue is defense...they are still directly in our path to a SB.  You don't think the Chiefs get better by adding Gilmore?  What about the Bucs?  They very well could be who we face in the SB, and their single biggest weakness is CB with all of their top 4 DB's to start the year hurt and out.  You don't think Gilmore makes them better?

Making our opponents and biggest challengers to our goals better does effect the Bills future success.  Doesn't mean they become impossible to beat, but strengthening our opponents would directly impact the difficulty of our schedule and path to our goal of winning a SB.  Especially if Gilmore had been cut, then they essentially would have gotten free help as he could have signed for cheap within those teams tight cap situations.  

Him going to Panthers likely eliminated that possibility.  

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So, not released, but traded?

Appears so, 

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How do you figure though?  Right now, the Chiefs biggest issue is defense...they are still directly in our path to a SB.  You don't think the Chiefs get better by adding Gilmore?  What about the Bucs?  They very well could be who we face in the SB, and their single biggest weakness is CB with all of their top 4 DB's to start the year hurt and out.  You don't think Gilmore makes them better?

Making our opponents and biggest challengers to our goals better does effect the Bills future success.  Doesn't mean they become impossible to beat, but strengthening our opponents would directly impact the difficulty of our schedule and path to our goal of winning a SB.  Especially if Gilmore had been cut, then they essentially would have gotten free help as he could have signed for cheap within those teams tight cap situations.  

Him going to Panthers likely eliminated that possibility.  

The incremental improvement is too small to matter with the Chiefs.  Bucs are a better D so maybe they would be tougher.

Gilmore can only cover 1 guy.

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

Kraft helping fund TB12 operations or anything of that nature was totally legal, right. By all accounts. So don't take that out of context and assume they circumventing anything especially with no facts. 

Circumventing is circumventing, point blank. They aren't the 49ers who did get caught for circumventing the salary cap. 

If the pats did, the NFL would had come down on them just like spygate and everything else. You would of had espn or reporters in general looking to dip up stuff to undercover the whole story. Which none of that has taken place. I mean u pulled up an article from 2015 which in the end said the pats didn't break any rules as far as how they paid brady.

Spoken like a fan of the most penalized cheating team in NFL history,  you be you Casper, 😂

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The incremental improvement is too small to matter with the Chiefs.  Bucs are a better D so maybe they would be tougher.

Gilmore can only cover 1 guy.

Yeah, its not like Gilmore turns some D into the 85 Bears, just saying giving our foes help does impact us.  So I think everyone just preferred he didnt go to one of the teams we are likely to face in the playoffs.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, its not like Gilmore turns some D into the 85 Bears, just saying giving our foes help does impact us.  So I think everyone just preferred he didnt go to one of the teams we are likely to face in the playoffs.  

Bills have too many weapons for Gilmore.   I would say bring him on.  He's headed to his 3rd team.  

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yep Meaning the OWNER of a Team is a major investor in the Business Dealings of his Below Market value paid QB.  hmmmmmm Yep Circumvnted

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

No It really isnt.  But keep thinking your team is in the clear.  What Kraft has done with Brady is ALOT more worse than what the Broncos did and they got slapped with Fines and Loss of picks.

I Love bringing up the Fact Patriots did in fact circumvent the cap with Brady.  Man it throws the Patriots fans in a little tizzy

Edited by MAJBobby

41 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm still trying to figure out what Alpha's HUGE mistake was, by saying Gilmore would make every roster better. He would. Just obvious, IMO.

No, You happen to think he would and I did admit that possibility. That said, I am not in the locker room or on the field working out with him. Are you? I am not a doctor, nor did I read his medical reports. Did you?

He went for a 6th freaking round pick!!! I'm wondering if the Panthers also slipped a note to Kraft telling him not to spend it all in one place. 

What would teams pay if Tre White was in the exact same circumstances? Only a 6th round pick? 

You know, it really is OK to be "wrong" on this board. I thought that Rob Johnson would lead the Bills to a Super Bowl. It perplexes me how some posters over the years just can't admit to being wrong. Gilmore went from the Hall of Fame (on this board) to trade bait for a 6th round pick, but I am the one who was "wrong?" 

Gotcha Bro. 

32 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

No, You happen to think he would and I did admit that possibility. That said, I am not in the locker room or on the field working out with him. Are you? I am not a doctor, nor did I read his medical reports. Did you?

He went for a 6th freaking round pick!!! I'm wondering if the Panthers also slipped a note to Kraft telling him not to spend it all in one place. 

What would teams pay if Tre White was in the exact same circumstances? Only a 6th round pick? 

You know, it really is OK to be "wrong" on this board. I thought that Rob Johnson would lead the Bills to a Super Bowl. It perplexes me how some posters over the years just can't admit to being wrong. Gilmore went from the Hall of Fame (on this board) to trade bait for a 6th round pick, but I am the one who was "wrong?" 

Gotcha Bro. 

I think the 6th round pick compensation has more to do with the fact that he's in the final year of his contract and remains injured.  He is very expensive for a half-year rental.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.