President Bush's Performance Tonight

Gee, good thing with all this government we've gotten rid of street people and crime. dry.gif

I think your missing my point :lol:

I am all for smaller, less intrusive government. As Reagan said, Government is not the solution, government is the problem. I believe he is correct.

Privatization of social security reduces government control over your life and money, while at the same time requiring every person to save for their retirement. Its a balancing act. No government is bad. Too much government is bad. Somewhere in the middle is the right amount of government. Privatazation of social secuirty is the right way to go. Let me keep my own money.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your missing my point :lol:

I am all for smaller, less intrusive government. As Reagan said, Government is not the solution, government is the problem.  I believe he is correct.

Privatization of social security reduces government control over your life and money, while at the same time requiring every person to save for their retirement.  Its a balancing act.  No government is bad.  Too much government is bad.  Somewhere in the middle is the right amount of government.  Privatazation of social secuirty is the right way to go.  Let me keep  my own money.

324044[/snapback]

Nah, I just wanted to toss in another truism - for that is what I do.

I'm not for anarchy. I just want the federal government to be limited to its Constitutional Duties.

Personally, I don't think that privitization of SS is the right way to go. I think it's a step in the right direction but at the end of the day elimination of SS altogether should be the ultimate goal.

Nah, I just wanted to toss in another truism - for that is what I do.

I'm not for anarchy.  I just want the federal government to be limited to its Constitutional Duties. 

Personally, I don't think that privitization of SS is the right way to go.  I think it's a step in the right direction but at the end of the day elimination of SS altogether should be the ultimate goal.

324050[/snapback]

So you are a strict constructionist?

That being so? How does one resolve that the nation, society, and world is a vastly different place than it was in 1789?

So what you are saying is that you are a hot pocket, window licking lemming.  And I mean that in only the most sincere way.

323739[/snapback]

Right. I, like 99.9% of petro consumers, simply don't care which "brand" is dumped into the gas station's tanks.

I'm sorry I mistakingly made you out to be something other than the hardcore Exxon-loyalist you are :lol:Nobody (other than you) cares what "brand" the gas is.