Corey Simon

Astrobot

Corey Simon would be worth a trade for TH and a 2nd day pick, don't get me wrong--He was a Pro Bowl pick in 2003. But I wouldn't give up the farm and sacrifice our salary cap for this guy.

Simon's tackles have dipped every year since 2000. So have assists. He had 4.5 sacks last year, which would put him tied for 3rd on our new line (Adams 5, Edwards 4, Kelsay 4.5, Schobel 8).

His 26 tackles would place him tied with Adams, half of Schobel's (46), and a little more than Kelsay (22, 16 of which were 2nd half of the season).

Let's not forget Tim Anderson, 305 lbs. who's waiting in the wings, and Ron Edwards, 320 lbs.

Let's look the gift horse in the mouth.

I agree. I'd rather have a DT on the field than a whiner in the locker room.

322966[/snapback]

First of all, thanks for your contributions wrt the draft. You are one of the people who puts in the time and expertise, and it IS appreciated.

I am afraid that you will disappointed when the TH scenario plays itself out.

If the Bills were to get a draft pick for TH, especially a good one, you would be one of the people to do the research and make predictions.

Unfortunately, I place TH in the same sinking boat as Shelton. I will make a blanket statement/prediction that in ANY scenario, TH will not be a member of the Buffalo Bills Football Team in 05.

It would be great if TD could salvage a pick for this habitual loser, but the odds of this happening imo are quite slim. I firmly believe that TD would rather cut this fool than to hand him to another football team for a 5th, 6th or 7th round pick.

I can see his point. GMs have to live every day as tough guys, and it could be dangerous for TD to be viewed by his peers as one who would cave when backed into a corner.

In summary, I do not count on the Bills obtaining anything but approx. 1 mil. of cap relief for finally dumping this miscreant. If we DO salvage a pick, I am counting on you and others to do your homework once again and tell us who is out there. :(

We're shy one interior Tackle right now and unless Tim Anderson turns out to be a 3rd round phenom we're shy one QUALITY interior lineman to field a post-season quality DLine. Regardless of the accuracy of any trade talks about Simon, he'd definitely fit the rotation as the "quality" addition that could keep London Fletcher from being mauled over the course of the season. Bottom line- with no added help at DT before the season starts our offense might as well get some boondoggle lessons for the long spells they'll be enjoying on the sidelines.

I, too, am concerned about our strength up the middle. The Bills have had trouble with heavier backs up the middle for years. Fletcher is undersized, and Edwards-Anderson are inexperienced. That won't stop the big back.

Simon is one very attractive possibility. I just hope we don't gush all over him--and I hope TD doesn't either.

First of all, thanks for your contributions wrt the draft. You are one of the people who puts in the time and expertise, and it IS appreciated.

I am afraid that you will disappointed when the TH scenario plays itself out.

If the Bills were to get a draft pick for TH, especially a good one, you would be one of the people to do the research and make predictions.

Unfortunately, I place TH in the same sinking boat as Shelton. I will make a blanket statement/prediction that in ANY scenario, TH will not be a member of the Buffalo Bills Football Team in 05.

It would be great if TD could salvage a pick for this habitual loser, but the odds of this happening imo are quite slim. I firmly believe that TD would rather cut this fool than to hand him to another football team for a 5th, 6th or 7th round pick.

I can see his point. GMs have to live every day as tough guys, and it could be dangerous for TD to be viewed by his peers as one who would cave when backed into a corner.

In summary, I do not count on the Bills obtaining anything but approx. 1 mil. of cap relief for finally dumping this miscreant. If we DO salvage a pick, I am counting on you and others to do your homework once again and tell us who is out there.  :D

322974[/snapback]

In my little fantasy world... TD trades Henry to Denver for a 7th rounder. :(