More on Shelton and Henry trade

VABills

More on Shelton's impending release:

Cards, Green can't avoid Boldin's absence

Kent Somers

The Arizona Republic

Apr. 30, 2005 12:00 AM

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/...0cards0430.html

Then Green reiterated one of his off-season themes, that he's going to be less patient this year than last, when the Cardinals went 6-10.

"I've got a lot more on my mind about what I'm going to do with this football team," he said. "And I don't really care who buys into it or not."

With that, Green started to leave, saying: "I think I've probably said enough."

But he changed his mind when someone asked him about offensive tackle L.J. Shelton, who was not encouraged to attend. The team is trying to trade Shelton and didn't require his attendance.

It's a precautionary move, but the club doesn't want Shelton to suffer an injury. If Shelton isn't traded, it's likely he'll be cut after June 1

324346[/snapback]

From reading the board it sounds like Shelton is pretty good, but for whatever reason Denny hates him with a passion. No reason given other then it sounds like Shelton thinks Green is full of sh--.

From reading the board it sounds like Shelton is pretty good, but for whatever reason Denny hates him with a passion.  No reason given other then it sounds like Shelton thinks Green is full of sh--.

324361[/snapback]

He probably hates the previous GM who gave Shelton that big new contract. When they cut him, it will add $3.5 million in dead cap space to this year's salary pool.

I don't put much stock in the opinions of the Cards' message board posters...how can you trust the talent evaluation abilities of a guy who has a Cards' logo tattoo on his arm! :lol:

I think Shelton is a good player & wwould be a good pickup for the Bills

324370[/snapback]

I agree, as I have said in the past, I watched him a few games last year after the Cards started playing better ball offensively, and the media was giving him a lot of the credit. He was playing RT but looked pretty damn good doing it. As far as ability at LT, I rely on the media, experts and fans out there to tell me. But from everything I read sounds like until last year he never was injured, and was better then Davis and hence kept him out of the LT spot he was drafted to play.