Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A come from behind OT loss is more acceptable than a blown lead OT loss.

1st half of the 1st period was pretty pedestrian but all in all it was a good game to watch, not bad for just hanging out back.

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

I want to see Devon Levi get a few games in goal for the Sabres before the season is over.  And see Owen Power as well. 

Did they sign Levi yet? More importantly, if you were Levi, would you sign? 2 more years in school and you get to walk out as a 22 y/o free agent and pick your spot.

Edited by That's No Moon

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Did they sign Levi yet? More importantly, if you were Levi, would you sign? 2 more years in school and you get to walk out as a 22 y/o free agent and pick your spot.

Yeah, I would.  That's 2 years of wear and tear at the college level, shortening the time in the NHL by that much and further removed from (likely 1st round pick) NHL money.  The only allure to returning to school is to win a championship, and that's highly unlikely to happen.  Not to mention Buffalo is (not that he would, but he could) within driving distance from where he grew up (Montreal).

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, I would.  That's 2 years of wear and tear at the college level, shortening the time in the NHL by that much and further removed from (likely 1st round pick) NHL money.  The only allure to returning to school is to win a championship, and that's highly unlikely to happen.  Not to mention Buffalo is (not that he would, but he could) within driving distance from where he grew up (Montreal).

That assumes he's in the NHL next year. I wouldn't make that assumption at all. I'd assume Lukkonnen is pegged as next year's starter with Levi in Rochester. 

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Re: wear and tear, college plays a fraction of the games that the AHL and NHL do.

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

That assumes he's in the NHL next year. I wouldn't make that assumption at all. I'd assume Lukkonnen is pegged as next year's starter with Levi in Rochester. 

Meh.  I think Levi and Portillo are the future.  Get the future going like the Bills were forced to do with Josh.

Edited by Doc

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Meh.  I think Levi and Portillo are the future.

Not next season though. Portillo is an added issue. You don't want Portillo and Levi BOTH coming out this year or next year and Portillo was a 2019 draftee while Levi was a '20. Need to stagger them a little which creates a little worry about the one you put off deciding to walk.

11 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Not next season though. Portillo is an added issue. You don't want Portillo and Levi BOTH coming out this year or next year and Portillo was a 2019 draftee while Levi was a '20. Need to stagger them a little which creates a little worry about the one you put off deciding to walk.

It will be interesting to see what happens.  Word is that Levi will decide to join the Sabres tomorrow.

It's a good move by the BU goalie.  If Levi leaves, he cancels the transfer.  If Levi stays, he transfers.  And the window to apply for the portal doesn't stay open long.

Beyond that, I have no idea if/clue why Levi would tell the BU goalie his plans before he publicly announces them.

Edited by Doc

Amazing win by the Sabres erasing a 4 goal deficit to win 6-5. Tage Thompson’s game-winner with 11.3 seconds left was one of the craziest goals I’ve ever seen. Tage didn’t see it as he was headed back to the bench for a new stick after he broke his on the shot.

Wild. Then the Chicago goalie went all Jack Nicholson with his stick against the goal post. 😂

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wow! What a game!!

So glad I didn’t change the channel when they went down 4-0! 😂

I turned it off at 0-4 and happened to check my phone to see it was 4-4 in the 3rd.  Who are these guys?!?

Of course as soon as I turn it back Chicago scores to make it 5-4.  Great win.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wow! What a game!!

So glad I didn’t change the channel when they went down 4-0! 😂

My favorite moment was Dahlin skating around the game tying celebration because he noticed Mittlestadt was getting harassed and he wanted to defend him.  He has not shied from anything lately.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I turned it off at 0-4 and happened to check my phone to see it was 4-4 in the 3rd.  Who are these guys?!?

Of course as soon as I turn it back Chicago scores to make it 5-4.  Great win.

The kind of game to build upon for sure. They can always use this game as an example.

• Like (+1) 1