Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

For me as a sports fan, I love when my team (Bills,Sabres, Yanks) is turning the corner quickly, from bad seasons.  I love when you watch then all along, then suddenly notice that that your team now has young skilled players all over, and that their arrows are all pointing up, that there will be a sea change, your team is rising from the rough years.

I sensed that on 1988 Bills

1994 Yanks

1994 Bills

2020 Bills

2021 Sabres

I read the Sabres have nine 1st round draft picks under 22 years of age.

My understanding is the Sabres have three 1st round picks, and two 2nd round picks in this years draft, which is supposed to be loaded with great players

The Sabres have 2 young hot shot goalie prospects

We have Cap space galore

Good role models Beane/McDermott.  Good owners.

Awesome fans that stuck with them, that are starved for great Sabres teams.  Start winning, holy hell, Bills mafia will crash Sabres party- Buffalo would be rocking!

Let's go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I mean….shouldn’t that whiff and fall officially close the chapter on the tank era?

Comical yet tragic.

This road trip caused the Sabres to go to pieces. From the 2nd period of the Kings game to last night. I hope it's fixable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This road trip caused the Sabres to go to pieces. From the 2nd period of the Kings game to last night. I hope it's fixable.

I think it is. The injuries have played a big part. They don't have to depth to have top guys missing a few games. My hope is they can stay in the race til Tuch and the others come back from injury. 

9 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I think it is. The injuries have played a big part. They don't have to depth to have top guys missing a few games. My hope is they can stay in the race til Tuch and the others come back from injury. 

I don't know how much Olofsson and Joki would have helped.  Buffalo got dominated in that game.  Sabres sustained almost no pressure or offensive zone possession all night, generated few quality scoring chances, and got killed by Seattle's speed in transition.  They were beat in all facets of the game.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

I don't know how much Olofsson and Joki would have helped.  Buffalo got dominated in that game.  Sabres sustained almost no pressure or offensive zone possession all night, generated few quality scoring chances, and got killed by Seattle's speed in transition.  They were beat in all facets of the game.  

It would have helped their power play at least.  At least the goaltending is keeping them in games this year so far. It's much better then previous seasons. 

22 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Don Granato zooms in on the issue last night. Essentially letting yourself get psyched out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don Granato zooms in on the issue last night. Essentially letting yourself get psyched out.

Donnie Meatballs never fails to explain the issue in easy terms. Lack of poise and it was obvious. We were like Darnold seeing his ghosts. 

7 hours ago, Pete said:

For me as a sports fan, I love when my team (Bills,Sabres, Yanks) is turning the corner quickly, from bad seasons.  I love when you watch then all along, then suddenly notice that that your team now has young skilled players all over, and that their arrows are all pointing up, that there will be a sea change, your team is rising from the rough years.

I sensed that on 1988 Bills

1994 Yanks

1994 Bills

2020 Bills

2021 Sabres

I read the Sabres have nine 1st round draft picks under 22 years of age.

My understanding is the Sabres have three 1st round picks, and two 2nd round picks in this years draft, which is supposed to be loaded with great players

The Sabres have 2 young hot shot goalie prospects

We have Cap space galore

Good role models Beane/McDermott.  Good owners.

Awesome fans that stuck with them, that are starved for great Sabres teams.  Start winning, holy hell, Bills mafia will crash Sabres party- Buffalo would be rocking!

Let's go Buffalo!

I am cautiously optimistic. They are rebooting yet again because 1) They tore down in the tank years too severely, 2) Then they tried shortcuts through FA and trading away draft picks like candy for veterans that didn't work out. It takes years to develop a goalie. Portillo and Levi give one hope, but they are probably three years out best case scenario. Next year, they have to bring in some good stop gap goalies, have to. This year, we are trying to develop the young fellas and land a top three draft pick. Not exactly a tank, but there's no way they can be good even with effort because there's not enough talent to be anything more. The Pegulas to this point have not been good hockey owners. They've meddled as opposed to the Bills where they ultimately stepped back and let McD and Beane establish a winning culture and do their thing. Hopefully Adams and Granato are the right hires. Patience is the only tenable strategy. Hard when you've had ten awful years.