The worst case scenerio?!?

One of the strongest parts of any team is depth. Pittsburgh showed us this very recently, having their depth beat our starters... very humiliating, and quite uncommon. Most teams if they lose one or two players will fall apart. Look what happened to the Bills when Moulds got hurt, and Reed had to try to step in and be the #1 receiver. Disaster!

My question: What one player can the Bills not afford to lose this year? JP? Willis? Eric? What about Takeo? Sam? Nate?

I think that we can't afford to lose McGahee. He's too important to what we want to do, and there is no solid back up (assuming TH doesn't play). But that's just my opinion. What do you think?

I've said for a long time that the Bills have one of the thinnest benches in the league. If they would have suffered injuries like the B'gals did (ended up with 18 on IR - lost starting mlb, his backup, starting center for 6 games, starting qb for 3 games, starting ss for 6 games, starting wr for 13 games, starting cb for 6 games etc.) it would have been toast city.

Thanks, TD. :P

worst case scenerio? bills fans use injuries as an excuse for failure like bengal fans seem to love to do......

the pats have proven that any injury can be overcome.......

322392[/snapback]

Correction: Cincinnati OCCUPANT - not fan. But one who can see which direction franchises are going. :angry:

Interesting to notice that a linebacker was not mentioned and a defensive back was not mentioned. Are people assuming that our depth at defensive backfield is deep?

So the consensus I'm seeing here is our Wide-receivers can't get hurt.

(Which is where we are very deep... having to cut Fast Freddie or Aiken before they have had the chance to prove themselves)

...and Sam can't get hurt.

(Aren't we pretty deep at Defensive Line too... so much so that Bannon is/was thinking about switching to offense?)

From what I'm thinking, I believe we are pretty deep in the positions where people think we are the most vulnerable. Interesting. Any thoughts?

I still have to think McGahee, because if we lose him... Shaud Williams can NOT carry the ball 20-30 times a game for very long. Plus, aren't we a run first team??

Mike Williams or Willis Mcghaee

I say Mike williams cause as it stands right now he's our only starting tackle even though his ability is qustioned. While he may not be much of a pass blocker, he has has shown he can be dominating as a run blocker, and by all accounts he should be.

Willis Mcgahee because of his ability to pick up a blitz. We have seen what our offense was like with travis henry and his inability to do blitz pickup. When mcgahee came in sacks droped dramatically, and he also gives us that added dimension of diversifying our running game. We're not just pigen hold to running off tackle or up the middle as willis has shown his ability to break runs to the outside, and say what you want about willis's speed or lack there of, but he was able to rip off 20+ yard runs with much more consistency than travis henry ever did. He was our workhorse and if he goes down we have a malcontent, Joe Burns a midget in shaud williams and a 7th rd draft pick. If we lose Willis I believe we lose all shot this season.

Clements...McGee/Greer, McGee/Thomas or McGee/anybody else. Big Trouble!

If I had to choose one other, it would be Moulds. You would lose size and experience at the one position where all you have for depth are question marks...Aiken, Reed and Parrish.