Picking up Edmunds Option a Rare Beane Mistake

Billy Zabka

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

they can replace him,  I already said so.

There, i've said it again.  Go right ahead, won't change the outcome.  

For the rest of this year he's a bargain.  You can't replace him right now.  That's completely insane.  They may have been able to sign a serviceble free agent MLB next year for $8M, or gamble a high draft pick starting in a SB run season.  We already know that's not going to happen.  His money is guaranteed next year, so how do you "replace" him??  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, daz28 said:

You'd be the coach to replace the 2 time pro bowler with the guy who's good in camp?  Short career

yes. pro bowler is not an argument. sorry. he played last year in mia (1st game last year) and looked great. made lots of plays. go watch the rewind. 

Just now, LeGOATski said:

It would be the theoretical better MLB and Edmunds, with Milano on the bench. That's why people would freak out.

Theoretically, you don't go after any linebacker after week 3 when your defense is playing great.  Maybe, just maybe there's a chance, that it was all by design.  I get there's always a whipping boy, but the guy isn't bad, and makes next to nothing.  It's ridiculous 

Just now, daz28 said:

Theoretically, you don't go after any linebacker after week 3 when your defense is playing great.  Maybe, just maybe there's a chance, that it was all by design.  I get there's always a whipping boy, but the guy isn't bad, and makes next to nothing.  It's ridiculous 

i think its obvious hes going to star the rest of the year. should he be - going forward? will he make plays to get us to a super bowl this year - think this is where the hyper critical appraisal is coming from

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I think we'reon the same page.... Edmunds and Milano have specific roles that some people seem to misunderstand. Like when Edmunds and Poyer clog their two gaps, so the runner is forced to Milano's side and he makes the tackle for loss. That's team defense, not just Milano playing out of his mind. That's 3 guys just doing their job.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

I think we'reon the same page.... Edmunds and Milano have specific roles that some people seem to misunderstand. Like when Edmunds and Poyer clog their two gaps, so the runner is forced to Milano's side and he makes the tackle for loss. That's team defense, not just Milano playing out of his mind. That's 3 guys just doing their job.

ok but when edmunds doesnt make any plays.... its all by design? no  , youre trying too hard

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Who's trying too hard... To you, forcing a 4th down and blocking a pass at the line are plays that apparently never happened. 

im talking about solo tackles, TFL, defending passes. creating turnovers.........im not going to clap bc he jumped up and deflexted a pass off a backup qb. 

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I actually love this thread.  It keeps the "Knox sucks", "Sanders is too old", "cut Haack" and "Josh should never of been extended" threads

to a minimum.

Keep it up guys!

links?

lol naww Im teasing I would be a happy crow eater if it applied to me, which none of them do...whew! 😉 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It would be funny to watch him get replaced by a better MLB....and then get moved to SLB. People would freak out.

If we signed giannis today, we could have him ready to replace and upgrade Tremaine come the playoffs.  

if having a 6’5 250lb middle LB is integral to McD and Frazier’s defense, I feel that they should tweak it to make it not so integral.  I’m confidant that he’s the longest 6’5 250lb mlb ever.  A scheme based around a MLBs wingspan is a questionable scheme imo.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

If we signed giannis today, we could have him ready to replace and upgrade Tremaine come the playoffs.  

if having a 6’5 250lb middle LB is integral to McD and Frazier’s defense, I feel that they should tweak it to make it not so integral.  I’m confidant that he’s the longest 6’5 250lb mlb ever.  A scheme based around a MLBs wingspan is a questionable scheme imo.  

I'm glad you're questioning the scheme. Someone needs to do it.

I’ll say it again, can’t wait for Edmunds to get his extension so we can watch so many heads explode on this board.

I’m not saying we should do it or Edmunds is all-world, I just think it’s a done deal and McBeane love them some Edmunds. He isn’t going anywhere and will probably get extended this summer. As Bart Scott said “CAN’T WAIT!”  And not because I think he deserves it, it’s just gonna happen. 

• Vomit 1

36 minutes ago, daz28 said:

For the rest of this year he's a bargain.  You can't replace him right now.  That's completely insane.  They may have been able to sign a serviceble free agent MLB next year for $8M, or gamble a high draft pick starting in a SB run season.  We already know that's not going to happen.  His money is guaranteed next year, so how do you "replace" him??  

You're not paying attention.   I understand they won't replace him.  Maybe Offenses start exploiting him.

I said they could replace him now with a backup and the Bills are winning games.  Look at their schedule. 

40 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Quit dancing around the question.  I specifically said next week….quit avoiding it.

Sure, for third time, next week.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.