If the Bills sign A-Train.........

jreed82

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the visit and will be very happy if Anthony Thomas signs.

His style of smashing it up the middle would be a nice compliment to McGahee's style.

Yes, Thomas has had some health problems. That is why he'll be a backup. Backs who are asked to slam into the line over and over again will be banged up. But as a backup he'll stay fresh, ready to fight for the extra yards when given the chance.

The important issue is that he can handle the duties of a temporary starter is McGahee goes down for a week or two.

I hope it gets done.

I don't think it means anything of the sort. A trade will happen when it happens. It would be an affirmation that whatever TD says, he doesn't think Henry will play for the Bills again. It says nothing about the timing or the existence of any possible trade. Personally, when I think of A-train, I think of how the Bills just totally shut him down. I'm not all that excited. For my money, give me a young guy with upside.

If A-train was signed, i like this a lot for a multitude of reasons. First, as already mentioned by previous posts, thomas will be a very capable back up and it no longer matters what henry wants to do. But the main reason i like it is because it eliminates the competition for the suitors for running backs. Since most teams drafted running backs and the value for henry has dropped from a 2nd or 3rd to now a 5th or possibly nothing. Also, teams have the choice between a FA thomas or trading for henry. The easier for teams to get done would be for thomas, but with thomas off the market for many teams if we sign him, we can then get full value for henry again, and we can control the outcome of both if we choose.

If A-train was signed, i like this a lot for a multitude of reasons. First, as already mentioned by previous posts, thomas will be a very capable back up and it no longer matters what henry wants to do. But the main reason i like it is because it eliminates the competition for the suitors for running backs. Since most teams drafted running backs and the value for henry has dropped from a 2nd or 3rd to now a 5th or possibly nothing. Also, teams have the choice between a FA thomas or trading for henry. The easier for teams to get done would be for thomas, but with thomas off the market for many teams if we sign him, we can then get full value for henry again, and we can control the outcome of both if we choose.

322370[/snapback]

If you read the other thread then you should put your reply on the other thread. I know you're new so this is just a friendly suggestion but we try not to clog the board with 100 threads discussing the same exact thing. :P