If the Bills sign A-Train.........

jreed82

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry is NOT coming back. Let it go. I'd bet that when we sign our veteran backup, the Travis trade will soon follow. TH is already not showing up for the mandatory mini-camp and he'll do the same for training camp.

322139[/snapback]

I agree. Who wants a head case who broods on the bench and in the locker room?

That is not mutually beneficial.

1.) We've all seen A-Train's play. He is capable of a 1,000 yard season easily. Now if we were bringing him into start, i'd understand your point. But I think Thomas is perfect for the position TH is in. I think Travis is right, he's too good for where he is on the roster. But Thomas would be just right.

2.) Henry is NOT coming back. Let it go. I'd bet that when we sign our veteran backup, the Travis trade will soon follow. TH is already not showing up for the mandatory mini-camp and he'll do the same for training camp.

322139[/snapback]

You're right. Every player that has every said he is holding out for money or trade has actually held out.

Why is it that everyone is giving up on Travis playing this year so easily? Because he said he was? Henry has been saying that because he wanted to instigate a trade, and saying such things was, in his mind, the fastest ticket out of town. Turns out he was wrong. Now, like he always will, Travis (and of course his agent) will reassess and do what is best for him and his future.

You're right.  Every player that has every said he is holding out for money or trade has actually held out. 

Why is it that everyone is giving up on Travis playing this year so easily?  Because he said he was?  Henry has been saying that because he wanted to instigate a trade, and saying such things was, in his mind, the fastest ticket out of town.  Turns out he was wrong.  Now, like he always will, Travis (and of course his agent) will reassess and do what is best for him and his future.

322144[/snapback]

If he's not traded, my bet is he holds out throughout most of Training Camp if not all of it. He'll probably be back for the regular season games or at least most of them. I don't see him holding out for 10 games.

I agree. Who wants a head case who broods on the bench and in the locker room?

That is not mutually beneficial.

322141[/snapback]

This is not the sandbox. Travis is going to realize that "brooding" is going to result in no team wanting him next year. Because, as you said, who wants a head case.

I would think if we do sign A-Train, then a deal is all but done and Henry will be an Eagle by Monday.

How great would it be if the Bills got Simon away form the eagles in a straight up trade or even if we had to include a 5th round pick. The only problem i see with us trading for Simon is if we will have to pay him alot $$$$$$ or give him a new contract in my opinion....Fat Pat would have been cheaper which is why theres no chance we will get Simon IMO!

I like the potential signing of Anthony Thomas. He is a proven solid tough inside the tackle runner which provides a nice balance with Willis and then leaving Shaud Williams as the 3rd back for situational roles.

Remember we also have Joe Burns for special teams.

The only issue I have is to give TH away for a 5th round pick or take the Eagles offer of a 3rd round pick in 2006.

The best move is still to offer TH to Tennessee for one of their defensive tackles, and I believe that Rian Long is the guy the Bills could persue. He is 6'6", 300 lbs and can also swing out to defensive end. Very productive in college at Washington State and had 5 sacks last year in part time duty. Here is his bio:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396022

In my opinion, this is a perfect backup for Mcgahee.  If A-train signs, I make Henry sweat it out for awhile, see if there are any injuries in camp and then dump him for a 5th rounder.  Best case scenario, we get A-train, Philly comes calling and we get a 3rd in next year's draft. 

The visit by Anthony Thomas was reported by WKBW.

322029[/snapback]

Look at the front page of buffalobills.com genius

322118[/snapback]

My point was missed Einstein...so A-Train is coming for a visit....I dont give a crap about that kind of news anymore....just wake me up when he IS signed....Im tired of all these "sources" and "reports"

I don't know how much A train has left in the tank. He didn't impress me much the times I saw him last year, he looked sluggish. His legs may be shot. This is one of thise things where it seems like a good pick-up if he has a year left in him and olandis gary if he doesn't, but it's impossible to tell right now by anyone. I am not sure I want to wait until he hits the field in the regular season to find out.

This is not the sandbox.  Travis is going to realize that "brooding" is going to result in no team wanting him next year.  Because, as you said, who wants a head case.

322152[/snapback]

All I know is that he was already a molcontent last year. The game I attended sitting near the bench you could see him sitting by himself, not interacting etc. I don't see his bad attitude suddenly changing because he sees that in his best interest. He did not care that his bad attitude last year might have a negative affect on his market worth. His affair with - what was it a 15 year old girl? He did not seem to care about how that would impact his career either.

Have you seen this guy run? I would rather have Shaud than this guy!!!!

Had one magical year, thats it. There is a reson the Bears do not want him back

322040[/snapback]

YEah, cause the Bears are known for their excellent Football decisions. Lets see, how many QBs did they start last year?

Travis is alot better than Thomas right now.

People saying that Henry not showing up for the regular season is like saying he doesn't want to play in the NFL anymore. How many of you really think he's going to commit professional suicide?

I would think if we do sign A-Train, then a deal is all but done and Henry will be an Eagle by Monday.

How great would it be if the Bills got Simon away form the eagles in a straight up trade or even if we had to include a 5th round pick. The only problem i see with us trading for Simon is if we will have to pay him alot $$$$$$ or give him a new contract in my opinion....Fat Pat would have been cheaper which is why theres no chance we will get Simon IMO!

322163[/snapback]

Yeah, I think if we sign A-Train, Henry is a goner -- even if it means we have to take a fourth rounder for him.

Simon would be great. But you're right, he's too expensive, I think.

YEah, cause the Bears are known for their excellent Football decisions. Lets see, how many QBs did they start last year?

322246[/snapback]

A lot, and i agree with you on the bears. That one year thay had was my single worst year betting football. Never saw a team go so many breaks, until the start of last year and JAX in their 3-0 start.

Anyway, I'll repeat I think this guy is average at best. BTW, did we get anything for Gary, I really can't remeber if he was cut or we traded him to the lions

Like I have said, everyone knows I am not a fan of Travis....

322033[/snapback]

I didn't know that. You must have dropped some very subtle hints.

BTW (for everyone in this thread), how can anyone call Thomas "A-Train" when he was a one year wonder?

I didn't know that.  You must have dropped some very subtle hints.

BTW (for everyone in this thread), how can anyone call Thomas "A-Train" when he was a one year wonder?

322294[/snapback]

I guess I'll have to learn to be more outspoken and more direct in my criticism. Sorry if it wasn't obvious.

A lot, and i agree with you on the bears. That one year thay had was my single worst year betting football. Never saw a team go so many breaks, until the start of last year and JAX in their 3-0 start.

Anyway, I'll repeat I think this guy is average at best. BTW, did we get anything for Gary, I really can't remeber if he was cut or we traded him to the lions

322286[/snapback]

I believe Gary went to Detroit in a trade, but im not sure what you got for him. I know Detroit didnt get much from him either. :P