Here's to my Mom and all Moms & Dads that we have lost over the years

Returntoglory

1 hour ago, Returntoglory said:

This will be the first time in my 60 years on earth that the Bills will be playing a regular season game and I will not have my Mom to cheer them on with.

Mom passed away in March due to complications from COVID.

To say she was a Bills fan would be a huge understatement. She loved "Her" Buffalo Bills, and she showed it daily whether it was football season or not.

I will most miss the constant phone calls during the game whenever the Bills scored, made a great play, made a bonehead play, got screwed by the refs ;) , anything.

The games now will not be the same for me. 

But I know this. My Mom is up in heaven leading the Buffalo Bills cheering section along with all the Bills fans surrounding her.

This one's for you Mom ❤️ 

GO BILLS!

I’m in similar shoes my man. Lost my mom in April to Covid. First game of my life without her. Prayers for your continued strength!

• Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Clyde my brother in law probably knew you’re dad as he worked security there for 30 years as he is now retired, but then a CO for corrections.  You know he’s sitting on the 50 yard line today brother.  Rooting on his team.

Amen Brother. More than likely, my Dad knew everyone and made new friends every game.

• Like (+1) 1

Reading through all these posts are really making me choke up a little bit.  I can remember being a kid and one thing I was really aware of was that I knew at some point my Grandparents would pass away and remember thinking how difficult that would be...I've lost all of them except for 1 and she's 90 so I'm not sure how much time she has left.  But my point is now I have already transitioned into thinking that at some point I will have to accept my parents no longer being here as well.  It's crazy how fast time flies and things can change so abruptly.  It's important to cherish every moment with your loved ones because at some point that's all it's going to be.  My condolences to everybody in this thread that has lost a parent or both.  I am  already dreading for when that day happens for me.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

This will be the first time in my 60 years on earth that the Bills will be playing a regular season game and I will not have my Mom to cheer them on with.

Mom passed away in March due to complications from COVID.

To say she was a Bills fan would be a huge understatement. She loved "Her" Buffalo Bills, and she showed it daily whether it was football season or not.

I will most miss the constant phone calls during the game whenever the Bills scored, made a great play, made a bonehead play, got screwed by the refs ;) , anything.

The games now will not be the same for me. 

But I know this. My Mom is up in heaven leading the Buffalo Bills cheering section along with all the Bills fans surrounding her.

This one's for you Mom ❤️ 

GO BILLS!

I’m so sorry for your loss.  My mom passed this year too.  Completely unexpectedly.  It sucks.  

• Sad 2