algore goes nuts yet again

algore freaks out again

First it was dean going nuts and stopping just short of calling republicns the anti-christ.

Now algore freaks out again claiming the republicans have a "lust for one-party domination", and that they "seek nothing less than absolute power."

Of course this is somewhat on the mild side for the wild man from Tenn. It appears that algore simply cannot go more then a few months without a wild freakout session in which he blames the republican party for everything from the Tsunami, to Nadia getting booted from American Idle.

It was refreshing to hear Republican National Committee spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt say that "if Democrats wonder why they are the minority party, they should look no further than Al Gore's comments today. Americans have moved on, and want their leaders to focus on an agenda, rather than obstruction."

This sums up the status of the democratic party about as well as it can be done. bravo Tracey.

Yes I agree Gore is wrong to home in on that minority of Republicans who want to stifle dissent and disagreement with their platform.

But then they can't all be as tolerant and willing to embrace others' opinions as, say, you, for example.

What's wrong with going nuts? :doh:

America has a long history of it, why change it now with a move towards decorum?

This country was built on passion!

Who was the American senator that beat another fellow senator senseless on the floor of the US Senate during antebellum America?

321736[/snapback]

OK, I give, who was it?

What we need is a good riot on the House floor, like the Japanese parliament...

I don't really know?  John Callhoun, SC????

Not that we need a riot.

I just don't understand today's need for decorum?

Speak out, speak out with passion!

321751[/snapback]

Like when Cheney told that Senator to F--- OFF !!!

There is no comparison between a senator (or VP) telling an individual to F-Off and a former senator, VP, and presidential loser who rants and raves in such a way that he seems like a complete loon. Can you tell me that this is in any way inspiring, or that it gives a person a sense that they just listened to a man who has any sanity whatsoever left in his empty cupboard?

Look the problem with algore is not only his delivery (which is totally insane) but more so in the content of the blather he is spewing. He makes statements like "This aggressive new strain of right-wing religious zealotry is actually a throwback to the intolerance that led to the creation of America in the first place," Does he really believe this?

Of course as normally happens sense was made of his wackyness by Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council Action. Mr. Perkins said it was clear from Gore's comments "that he is the one that wants to exclude people from the public square based upon some religious litmus test; that is wrong. All Americans have a voice in our system of government." With that said I say Bravo...excellent observation.

Now algore freaks out again claiming the republicans have a "lust for one-party domination", and that they "seek nothing less than absolute power."

321650[/snapback]

What do you call it Rich? When you're trying to re-write the rules to ensure your success, and to eliminate every last semblance of checks and balances in our government, that sounds an awful lot like an absolute power-grab. The GOP blocked FAR more of Clinton's judges, but still cries foul when a tiny percentage of appointees are blocked, usually for some substantial reason. If you've got another name for this kind of power-hungry hysteria, please explain.

I don't really know?  John Callhoun, SC????

Not that we need a riot.

I just don't understand today's need for decorum?

Speak out, speak out with passion!

321751[/snapback]

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea for the Dems to take it quite this far....

Charles Sumner became a leader of the anti-slavery forces in the Senate. During the debates on slavery in Kansas in May 1856, he delivered a two-day oration—"The Crime against Kansas"—that vehemently condemned Southern advocacy of the expansion of slavery. Congressman Preston Brooks of South Carolina believed that Sumner had insulted his uncle, Senator Andrew Butler. In retaliation, Brooks used his cane to beat Sumner, who was seated at his desk on the Senate floor, to unconsciousness. The caning of Sumner became a symbol in the North of Southern brutality. Meanwhile, Brooks became a hero in the South for defending Southern honor, and was subsequently reelected by his constituency. Besides his battle against slavery, Sumner led the fight for racial integration of Boston public schools in the 1850s.

Charles Sumner became a leader of the anti-slavery forces in the Senate. During the debates on slavery in Kansas in May 1856, he delivered a two-day oration—"The Crime against Kansas"—

I don't care what topic is being discussed....any Senator that blathers on for two days deserves to be beaten senseless.

I don't care what topic is being discussed....any Senator that blathers on for two days deserves to be beaten senseless.

322171[/snapback]

As I recall, the guy who did the beating was Preston something. Sumner never fully recovered from the beating...

algore freaks out again

First it was dean going nuts and stopping just short of calling republicns the anti-christ.

Of course this is somewhat on the mild side for the wild man from Tenn. It appears that algore simply cannot go more then a few months without a wild freakout session in which he blames the republican party for everything from the Tsunami, to Nadia getting booted from American Idle.

It was refreshing to hear Republican National Committee spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt say that "if Democrats wonder why they are the minority party, they should look no further than Al Gore's comments today. Americans have moved on, and want their leaders to focus on an agenda, rather than obstruction."

This sums up the status of the democratic party about as well as it can be done. bravo Tracey.

321650[/snapback]

This is a prime example of the Dem party not learning from their past mistakes.

And another reason the further they move to the left...the more they find themselves at the short end of the polling booth.

322171[/snapback]

So what you are saying is that you would like to remove the filibuster as a viable and tool for legislature to use?

You guys are on a real power grab?

Why don't just change the Constitution when things don't suit you? Maybe you can install restrictive articles?

Man! Nothing wrong with playing by the rules? Now people like that (as you call blathering... Yet, with in the rules?) need a beating? Just because they use the power and liberty that is bestowed them!

??

:angry::lol:

This is a prime example of the Dem party not learning from their past mistakes.

And another reason the further they move to the left...the more they find themselves at the short end of the polling booth.

322241[/snapback]

Maybe so? Maybe so?

Just have to buy our time as voters until people wisen up and are staring at October 1929 all over again?

Fear-mongering? Damn right! Nothing good comes from the uncompassionate.

So what you are saying is that you would like to remove the filibuster as a viable and tool for legislature to use?

You guys are on a real power grab?

Why don't just change the Constitution when things don't suit you?  Maybe you can install restrictive articles?

Man!  Nothing wrong with playing by the rules?  Now people like that (as you call blathering... Yet, with in the rules?) need a beating?  Just because they use the power and liberty that is bestowed them!

??

0:)  ;)

322842[/snapback]

Lighten up Francis! :lol:

Where did I say that the filibuster should be outlawed? I think obnoxious Jets fans deserve a beating too but I wouldn't make them illegal!

Its funny how when the Dems were in power they were very much opposed to the filibuster and wanted to do away with it.

Now its their friend.

Just goes to show you that both sides are more interested in grabbing and keeping power than doing any real good for the very people they "serve".