LOST: The Journey

PTS

The Carriers? The French lady spoke of them. Who are the Carriers?

What about the part where Boone said "We're the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815" when he was on the plane before it collapsed. Then the voice on the other side of the radio said in a confused tone "No, WE'RE the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815."

I missed Locke's line to Charlie (about his guitar): "To get something from this island, you have to give something up".

That is the final proof for me. He knowingly gave up Boone to get his legs back AND open the hatch.

But it makes me wonder what Locke gave up originally to get his legs...

I missed Locke's line to Charlie (about his guitar): "To get something from this island, you have to give something up".

That is the final proof for me. He knowingly gave up Boone to get his legs back AND open the hatch.

321619[/snapback]

I think you maybe right especially after you see the final seen with him pounding on the chamber saying "I've done everything you wanted me to do."

I think you maybe right especially after you see the final seen with him pounding on the chamber saying "I've done everything you wanted me to do."

321631[/snapback]

Yup, no doubt about it now.

I just wish they would stop showing that damn preview with Locke getting "shot".

Locke doesn't get shot. And if he does, as it looks like in that preview, he's "Unbreakable." No way do they off Terry O'Quinn. But another of the 14 is apparently going to die before or in the finale. As I'm guessing, the Carriers refer to the island possessing people and guiding them in what to do, like it is w/ Locke and was for Ethan. Pro'ly why Danielle had to pick everyone off one by one, and why she's so paranoid.

I heard that this special would show all of the flashbacks in order. Well, that didn't happen....

That wire that leads out into the ocean still has me befuddled. What could it possibly run to in the ocean?

And the more I think about it and hear it, the more I think the monster is a dinosaur.

Locke doesn't get shot. And if he does, as it looks like in that preview, he's "Unbreakable." No way do they off Terry O'Quinn. But another of the 14 is apparently going to die before or in the finale. As I'm guessing, the Carriers refer to the island possessing people and guiding them in what to do, like it is w/ Locke and was for Ethan. Pro'ly why Danielle had to pick everyone off one by one, and why she's so paranoid.

I heard that this special would show all of the flashbacks in order. Well, that didn't happen....

That wire that leads out into the ocean still has me befuddled. What could it possibly run to in the ocean?

And the more I think about it and hear it, the more I think the monster is a dinosaur.

321753[/snapback]

Good stuff, what do you think about what the voice on the other side of the radio says when Boone says they are the survivors of Oceanic Flight 812. Is there another set of survivors?

Good stuff, what do you think about what the voice on the other side of the radio says when Boone says they are the survivors of Oceanic Flight 812. Is there another set of survivors?

321804[/snapback]

I didn't watch yesterday's episode, so maybe they clarified. However, the first time it happened I couldn't quite understand what the person on the radio was saying so I turned on closed captioning, and it said that the radio said, "There are no survivors of Oceonic Flight 812." (not, "No, WE are the survivors....") As I said, maybe that was clarified yesterday but according to closed captioning, that's not what was said.

CW

I didn't watch yesterday's episode, so maybe they clarified.  However, the first time it happened I couldn't quite understand what the person on the radio was saying so I turned on closed captioning, and it said that the radio said, "There are no survivors of Oceonic Flight 812." (not, "No, WE are the survivors....")  As I said, maybe that was clarified yesterday but according to closed captioning, that's not what was said.

CW

321906[/snapback]

Dude...that's exactly what I heard too. It seems to me that they may have changed it from the time it was aired in the original episode to the time it was shown in previews and last night. Could be the parallel dimesion scenario.

321619[/snapback]

Ah, but think about this. He woke up after the crash and he could walk. Then, a day or so later, he is confronted by "something" in the jungle, after which he says that he has seen into the heart of the island. My take is that the confrontation was "the island" letting him know that it gave him his legs back in exchance for his servitude in manipulating the rest of the survivors as the island wishes.

321619[/snapback]

I just dont think he gave up Boone. If that was it, why would he bring him back to the camp. I think Locke was angry that Boone was lost, and in his frustration, he went back to the hatch.

Ah, but think about this.  He woke up after the crash and he could walk.  Then, a day or so later, he is confronted by "something" in the jungle, after which he says that he has seen into the heart of the island.  My take is that the confrontation was "the island" letting him know that it gave him his legs back in exchance for his servitude in manipulating the rest of the survivors as the island wishes.

321912[/snapback]

Good point. You have something there...

I just dont think he gave up Boone. If that was it, why would he bring him back to the camp. I think Locke was angry that Boone was lost, and in his frustration, he went back to the hatch.

321930[/snapback]

He knew Boone would have to be at least injured if not killed based on his "vision" combined with what he said about "having to give something to get something". That episode made it pretty clear the choice was be back in the chair or push on with Boone...Locke chose to keep his legs no matter the cost to Boone.

He brought Boone back hoping Jack could save him but the fact he left right away shows me that:

1) He didn't really care about Boone, thus he raced to his prescious Hatch to see if it opened. When he found it wasn't open that's when he is crying "I did everything you asked"...The tears IMO were both from frustration he let Boone come to harm but more from the fact he didn't get his way. or

2)He left because he knew Boone was going to die. Why stick around if you know the outcome?

It's one or the other IMO.

He knew Boone would have to be at least injured if not killed based on his "vision" combined with what he said about "having to give something to get something". That episode made it pretty clear the choice was be back in the chair or push on with Boone...Locke chose to keep his legs no matter the cost to Boone.

He brought Boone back hoping Jack could save him but the fact he left right away shows me that:

1) He didn't really care about Boone, thus he raced to his prescious Hatch to see if it opened. When he found it wasn't open that's when he is crying "I did everything you asked"...The tears IMO were both from frustration he let Boone come to harm but more from the fact he didn't get his way. or

2)He left because he knew Boone was going to die. Why stick around if you know the outcome?

It's one or the other IMO.

321937[/snapback]

I think that pretty much nails it.

Kinda looking forward to the potential conversation were Hurly and Locke find out they are intertwined by the "box" company! Should be good for a laugh if they are connected!

322601[/snapback]

If you notice, everyone is intertwined somehow... Hurly was shown on TV while the Korean guy was doing his hit. The Korean couple was waiting in line at the airport while Jack was arguing about his father. Boone was at the cops desk while Sawyer was being brought in. Sawyer met Jack's dad. Etc, etc.

I think it's a clue about the show, but I can't figure out quite what....

CW

Locke might be one of the few (IIRC) that we haven't had a back story that connects him with anyone. Should be interesting ...

could be connected with Jack (by his wife, car accident?)

could be connected with Hurley (was it Hurley's box company that burned or his shoe company?)