US Out by Afghanistan by August 31st

716er

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

If it looks bad for the Dems, make something up about Trump.  Rinse and repeat.  

It does look bad. Yes. We did not get out of Vietnam because no one wanted to be seen as "bad" by pulling the plug on something that needed the plug pulled on it. We stayed, soldiers died, nothing got better, and we had to leave anyway. 

Same here. It was time to go. And Biden did it early in his administration. Should he have waited until we had another election? Let soldiers die so he won't get blamed? 

No, he took them out asap, because it was the right thing to do. 

Do you think we should still be there? 

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It does look bad. Yes. We did not get out of Vietnam because no one wanted to be seen as "bad" by pulling the plug on something that needed the plug pulled on it. We stayed, soldiers died, nothing got better, and we had to leave anyway. 

Same here. It was time to go. And Biden did it early in his administration. Should he have waited until we had another election? Let soldiers die so he won't get blamed? 

No, he took them out asap, because it was the right thing to do. 

Do you think we should still be there? 

No.  But the amateur exit Harris devised was gross negligence and complete incompetence.  Then that P.O.S. Biden looks at his watch when they're unloading the bodies.  Totally disrespectful of those brave kids.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Biden got us out of that place, yes. Trump did not. 

The question raised here is did Trump sabotage the efforts? 

How?  Biden-Harris could have negotiated any terms they wanted. Trump was no longer in office. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

How?  Biden-Harris could have negotiated any terms they wanted. Trump was no longer in office. 

Oh no, it's totally Trump's fault.  Remember when Biden tripped UP the stairs?  Trump's fault .  Trump cut up pieces of the "infamous matt" incident (Matt Flynn) and had them sewn to the AF1 staircase. 

ETA: Kevin Kolb - big thanks to Irv for the correction!  My bad.

Edited by phypon

4 minutes ago, phypon said:

Oh no, it's totally Trump's fault.  Remember when Biden tripped UP the stairs?  Trump's fault .  Trump cut up pieces of the "infamous matt" incident (Matt Flynn) and had them sewn to the AF1 staircase. 

Trump caused Kevin Kolb to slip on the wet mat/injure his knee.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/14/2024 at 5:16 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

It's really easy to say "I had a plan, and I told the Taliban that I would personally kill them if they messed with it, so it would have worked just as I drew it up" but then never actually executed the plan.

That's all.

Someone else told the Trump story, not Trump

Try to keep up, understand the difference, realize you're voting for and supporting a Marxist machine that wishes to destroy your own country.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There is simply no defense for the hideous withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Want to get out?

Manage it like a professional military is capable of doing.

Leaving friends to die and God knows how much material is inexcusable.

It is a disgrace and for me, the final Biden straw, made worse when he denied other options presented, when his own SECDEF and Joint Chief of Staff admitted there were, and they were proposed.

• Like (+1) 2