WAY OT: Say you started a new company..

Your local PR agency or buy a subscription to PRNewswire.

But, the PR flaks are much better at it. Make sure you get the guy who regularly has drinks with the reporters.

Your local PR agency or buy a subscription to PRNewswire. 

But, the PR flaks are much better at it.  Make sure you get the guy who regularly has drinks with the reporters.

321454[/snapback]

Thanks, I should have said not counting regular PR firms. Is PRNewswire pretty good do you think?

Thanks, I should have said not counting regular PR firms. Is PRNewswire pretty good do you think?

321465[/snapback]

Either PRNewswire or BusinessWire are ok, depending on your target audience. The other thing you can do is research on your own, and send the PR missive to the key reporters on your own. Or buy a drink for the PR flak and ask them for a favor (I'm sure the other Jay Rosen knows of a few of those types :doh:.

I'm sure the other Jay Rosen knows of a few of those types 0:).

321479[/snapback]

:lol: This is just a small favor for a friend. I don't want to use up too many chits with him, or any for that matter. I did enjoy, however, a month or two ago when they conned him into going on The Daily Show on their episode about White House Reporters and then made a TOTAL fool out of him. That was good fun. :doh:

What is htis daily show event you speak of?

I love that show but rarely get to take it in due to school and work constraints.

321488[/snapback]

They did an episode lampooning white house reporters, especially after that Republican guy who was caught without much credentials and they had my brother (the "other" Jay Rosen) on as a guest and abused him. I happened to be in NYC the day they filmed it, although I didnt see them do it. He said they just took him in a room, asked a million questions, and half of them were totally ridiculous, as in the question made no sense, like "Do you have to wear pants?", and then later on they filmed themselves asking different questions and used whatever answers of his that they felt like, just to make him look foolish. It's not as though he didn't know this going in. Although they really made him look dumb, and he's a very smart fellow. Ha.