Just say Josh Reed doesn't beat out Parrish for #3

Another player Parrish resembles is Gary Clark (5'9" 175 lbs), the WR for the Redskins. Clark played from 1982-92 and is third all-time in receiving yardage with the 'Skins (he also scored a 30-yard touchdown against the Bills in SB XXVI  :doh: )

321482[/snapback]

Gary Clark was a great player. I didn't realize that he was that small. I hope that Parrish can be great too

I agree with the 8-10 touches. I also see him running reverses and fake reverses a lot, taking pitches out of the backfield, a lot of wide receiver screens, just plain being a pain in the ass for the defense, and perhaps passing once in a while, (he was an all-state high school QB who threw for 2000 yards). I really don't even think they imagine him to be Moulds successor, just always a slot guy and playmaker. If Moulds were to be released next season or go down with injury I don't expect this #3 to go up a notch to become #2, I expect him to always be #3. But a guy with talent can be a difference maker.

321409[/snapback]

I agree, with screens and reverses, it becomes an asset to be smaller. Harder to hit, and easier to get lost from the defenses in the commotion of a play while setting the screen and/or reverse.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reed gets cut before the season

321828[/snapback]

I would.

1. Logistically in terms of the salary cap the Bills have an amortized payment of $400K + to Reed which will count against us whether we keep him or not. His base salary is another $400K + which is roughly the amount we would have to pay a WR anyway. Given that we are gonna pay him whether we keep him or not and there is little savings in cutting him, a player kept over Reed would have to show alot.

2. Reed's history is one very good year as a rookie slot receiver, 1 failed year due to a case of the droppsies and one failed year due to injuries. He will have to really suck in pre-season to eliminate any hope whatsoever that he will recover his first year production.

3. The cap issue and the hope issue are not enough in and of themself to keep a player on the roster over a better performer, but even in the last two bad seasons Reed actually had good camps which were followed by disappointing production when the real games started. Reed has a couple of logistical intangibles going for him in terms of the cap and draft position, and having his tyopical camp performance will easily make him part of the roster.