Game Pass Questions

BillsFan619

I have a couple questions about Game Pass (GP). It’s my first year having GP. I finally pulled the plug on DIRECTV.

Every time I go on to GP, I have to push “start free trial” for GP to come on and work even though I’m not on a trial anymore and it’s already paid for. Once I push on “start free trial”, it eventually works and it tells me I’m now subscribed but I have to push “start free trial” every time I go on GP. Will that stop and will I be fully connected to GP at some point?

Also, I have the “showing scores” option off and it’s still showing scores. Is this a preseason thing or will they continue to show scores in the regular season even though I have that option off?

Thanks, any information anyone has will help.

A word of warning... be VERY cautious with the "showing scores" option and do not always trust that it works.

It works for me almost all of the time, but... when I finally was able to watch the AFC Championship game, last year, I logged on and was instantly shown the losing score.  It pissed me off so much, I still haven't watched the game.

5 hours ago, Bad Things said:

A word of warning... be VERY cautious with the "showing scores" option and do not always trust that it works.

It works for me almost all of the time, but... when I finally was able to watch the AFC Championship game, last year, I logged on and was instantly shown the losing score.  It pissed me off so much, I still haven't watched the game.

Thank you for sharing that. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for me at all right now. Hopefully it will fix itself.

Sorry that happened to you.

Maybe it was good that you didn’t watch it though. Think of it this way, the last game you watched of the bills, they won.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Bad Things said:

What have you done or what are you going to do to get around the showing scores thing if it’s not working? We obviously have to look at the TV to click on the right game. So, is there something you found you can do to get to the game with no way of seeing the scores (besides covering most of your eye sight with your hand 🤣)?

Hopefully my question makes sense.

Edited by BillsFan619

1 minute ago, BillsFan619 said:

What have you done or what are you going to do to get around the showing scores thing if it’s not working? We obviously have to look at the TV to click on the right game. So, is there something you found you can do to get to the game with no way of seeing the scores (besides covering most of your eye sight with your hand 🤣)?

Hopefully my question makes sense.

Yeah, it makes total sense.

I actually have my daughter turn it on and start it for me.  We live in New Zealand and even though she supports the Bills, she really isn't that concerned if they win or lose.  😀

• Like (+1) 1

I use the NFL App to access GP.  GP access is in the lower right of the app.  The app keeps me logged in, I just click on GP and I’m able to access games.

I don’t use the hide scores option.

They did overhaul the app this year.  Seems to be a work in progress.  Liked the previous version better.

On 8/20/2021 at 8:02 PM, BillsFan619 said:

I have a couple questions about Game Pass (GP). It’s my first year having GP. I finally pulled the plug on DIRECTV.

Every time I go on to GP, I have to push “start free trial” for GP to come on and work even though I’m not on a trial anymore and it’s already paid for. Once I push on “start free trial”, it eventually works and it tells me I’m now subscribed but I have to push “start free trial” every time I go on GP. Will that stop and will I be fully connected to GP at some point?

Also, I have the “showing scores” option off and it’s still showing scores. Is this a preseason thing or will they continue to show scores in the regular season even though I have that option off?

Thanks, any information anyone has will help.

this is why I have resisted doing what you are doing. Too much stress trying to avoid media and avoiding some glitch that would disclose the score. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

For all the money the NFL makes, you'd think they would have a better app. 

Game Pass is awesome, though.

I hear you. I really think it’s a cool app but I can’t get it to hide scores even though I have programmed it to high scores.

Nooooo!!!

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's super buggy

Yeah, to your point, you’d think that the NFL would be able to make something that was so much better when it comes to not being super buggy. On top of that, this has been around for a few years now so you’d think they’d have the kinks worked out since it’s been around for a while.

8 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Yeah, to your point, you’d think that the NFL would be able to make something that was so much better when it comes to not being super buggy. On top of that, this has been around for a few years now so you’d think they’d have the kinks worked out since it’s been around for a while.

To be honest it was a super stable App at one point. I've had GP for 10 seasons now and when I first got it, it was glitchy but the company that built it was nice enough to refund money if it didn't end up working, they even ran a Twitter account with updates. And eventually for a couple years it ran really smooth. Then about 4 seasons ago, the NFL picked a new company to redesign the App... and it was bad, really bad. I can't for the life of me remember the companies name but they disabled the Twitter account for GP and then they had to disable their own companies Twitter account. If you had problems with the system if was pretty easy to get a hold of someone and get it fixed... not so much anymore. I think you have to go by email now which, isn't great.

5 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

To be honest it was a super stable App at one point. I've had GP for 10 seasons now and when I first got it, it was glitchy but the company that built it was nice enough to refund money if it didn't end up working, they even ran a Twitter account with updates. And eventually for a couple years it ran really smooth. Then about 4 seasons ago, the NFL picked a new company to redesign the App... and it was bad, really bad. I can't for the life of me remember the companies name but they disabled the Twitter account for GP and then they had to disable their own companies Twitter account. If you had problems with the system if was pretty easy to get a hold of someone and get it fixed... not so much anymore. I think you have to go by email now which, isn't great.

Have you ever had the problem of scores showing when the showing scores option was off? If so, is there anything that you were able to do to fix it?

46 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Have you ever had the problem of scores showing when the showing scores option was off? If so, is there anything that you were able to do to fix it?

I did at one point and it was dependent on where I was viewing it. Sometimes in browser it worked but then on the App it didn't... All I can say is keep updating. Mine aren't showing now because like others have said I've turned them off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.