(OT) Kevin Smith Reviews Reveng of the Sith

ajzepp

This was a pretty awesome read.....if you are wanting to protect yourself from knowing too much about this film, hit your 'back' button now! You've been warned!!

This is just an excerpt from his review......the link will take you to the rest of it.

"Revenge of the Sith" is, quite simply, fu**ing awesome. This is the "Star Wars" prequel the haters have been bitching for since "Menace" came out, and if they don't cop to that when they finally see it, they're lying. As dark as "Empire" was, this movie goes a thousand times darker - from the triggering of Order 66.....to the jaw-dropping Anakin/Obi Wan fight on Mustafar......this flick is so satisfyingly tragic, you'll think you're watching "Othello" or "Hamlet".

I edited this quote.....seriously, TURN BACK NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!

http://viewaskew.com/news/sith/

This was a pretty awesome read.....if you are wanting to protect yourself from knowing too much about this film, hit your 'back' button now!  You've been warned!!

This is just an excerpt from his review......the link will take you to the rest of it.

"Revenge of the Sith" is, quite simply, fu**ing awesome. This is the "Star Wars" prequel the haters have been bitching for since "Menace" came out, and if they don't cop to that when they finally see it, they're lying. As dark as "Empire" was, this movie goes a thousand times darker - from the triggering of Order 66.....to the jaw-dropping Anakin/Obi Wan fight on Mustafar......this flick is so satisfyingly tragic, you'll think you're watching "Othello" or "Hamlet".

I edited this quote.....seriously, TURN BACK NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!

http://viewaskew.com/news/sith/

321181[/snapback]

Thanks, ajz! My wife and me generally wait until the rentals come out, so advance reviews doesn't spoil it for us anyway. I appreciate the link.

You've been a bit of a stranger here, recently. Nice to hear from you.

Thanks, ajz! My wife and me generally wait until the rentals come out, so advance reviews doesn't spoil it for us anyway. I appreciate the link.

You've been a bit of a stranger here, recently. Nice to hear from you.

321350[/snapback]

Thanks, Cincy.....Good to see you, as always :doh: Yeah, I turned into a lurker for a while......trying to navigate some issues in my personal/family life and just didn't really have the energy to contribute. Trying to ease back into the discussions, though :lol:

I'm really anticipating this one. I'll take Smith's word for it because I am certain he would be honest with his review. He is a true geek. He was on a Bay Area morning show that I listen to for a whole week and they guy is a total nerd, albeit a cool nerd.

I'm really anticipating this one. I'll take Smith's word for it because I am certain he would be honest with his review. He is a true geek. He was on a Bay Area  morning show that I listen to for a whole week and they guy is a total nerd, albeit a cool nerd.

321379[/snapback]

Yep, he's a total Star Wars geek, and he was quite positive about the first two prequels....take that for what it's worth. That being said, he seems to have been really blown away by 'Sith', and from his description it's clear that the tone of this film will depart from that of the other five.

Yep, he's a total Star Wars geek, and he was quite positive about the first two prequels....take that for what it's worth. That being said, he seems to have been really blown away by 'Sith', and from his description it's clear that the tone of this film will depart from that of the other five.

321397[/snapback]

I already knew about most of what was said and I saw some advance screen shots that had major spoilers, so I could really tell that this one would be much different than the others. I was positive about the others in that they were still good movies, if not the great by the standards of Star Wars. No matter what, the previous two were movies made on a grand scale and were entertaining.

I have friends that work at the ranch, which is only right up the road and I'm hoping to try to get an early viewing, if possible. I got to go to the screenings of the others. It's quite an experience when you are waiting to watch the movie and there are people up in front dueling with their light sabres and the guy eating popcorn next to you is stuffing it up his stormtrooper mask.

I already knew about most of what was said and I saw some advance screen shots that had major spoilers, so I could really tell that this one would be much different than the others. I was positive about the others in that they were still good movies, if not the great by the standards of Star Wars. No matter what, the previous two were movies made on a grand scale and were entertaining. 

I have friends that work at the ranch, which is only right up the road and I'm hoping to try to get an early viewing, if possible. I got to go to the screenings of the others. It's quite an experience when you are waiting to watch the movie and there are people up in front dueling with their light sabres and the guy eating popcorn next to you is stuffing it up his stormtrooper mask.

321430[/snapback]

:doh:

Last week, there was a huge Star Wars convention in Indianapolis. According to the local n'paper the largest in years because Geo. Lucas attended, his 1st such since 1987.

The original Chewbacca, R2D2, Ewok actors were said to attend, along with Billy Williams Jr.

:doh:

Last week, there was a huge Star Wars convention in Indianapolis. According to the local n'paper the largest in years because Geo. Lucas attended, his 1st such since 1987.

The original Chewbacca, R2D2, Ewok actors were said to attend, along with Billy Williams Jr.

321441[/snapback]

A few years ago, my friends in Sausalito had David Prowse over for dinner. They said he was a very nice older English gentleman and extremely tall. I wonder if he is Darth in the new one?

321430[/snapback]

lol.......that has got to be a sight! I agree with you about the first two prequels. There was just no way that Lucas could have recaptured the magic that was the first trilogy. Those films left an indelible mark in many of our hearts, and to think the new ones would have the same effect would just be unrealistic. But to those of us who grew up with the original films, that's not neccessarily a bad thing :doh: I think there are probably some criticisms of the prequels that are valid to some degree, but it doesn't really matter. I'm on record as saying that George can do no wrong in my eyes, and I still stand by that lol. The guy did it his way from the beginning, and that's just fine with me.

A few years ago, my friends in Sausalito had David Prowse over for dinner. They said he was a very nice older English gentleman and extremely tall. I wonder if he is Darth in the new one?

321452[/snapback]

I read an interview with Hayden a month or so ago and he said that he was the only one in the Darth suit this time around.

I read an interview with Hayden a month or so ago and he said that he was the only one in the Darth suit this time around.

321464[/snapback]

That would be one cool costume to wear in the film. Not so cool to go to the movie in, though. I think Triumph would agree.

That would be one cool costume to wear in the film.  Not so cool to go to the movie in, though. I think Triumph would agree.

321499[/snapback]

lol....Triumph.....I laugh my arse off every time I watch that dvd

lol....Triumph.....I laugh my arse off every time I watch that dvd

321503[/snapback]

I think I'm going to have to get on Netflix and get that movie sent to me. Sounds like I'm missing out on a good flick. I know you've told me about it before but I keep forgetting to put it in my queue. :doh:

I think I'm going to have to get on Netflix and get that movie sent to me.  Sounds like I'm missing out on a good flick.  I know you've told me about it before but I keep forgetting to put it in my queue.  :doh:

321528[/snapback]

It's hilarious......I don't know that I've ever seen a dvd that consistently funny. It's just about the best $17 I've ever spent.