Pay cut: Google employees who work from home could lose money

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I have a good HS friend who has been in the US business promotions sector with the US Embassy.  She has 2-4 year stints.  Here's where she's been:

Warsaw

Monaco

Saudi Arabia (she hated that)

Mumbai

and finally starting next month.....

LONDON!  I'm so happy for her to finally get out of some shitholes the past several years.

She also has forced retirement at 65.  How come someone like her is forced to retire at 65 but those in power that make decisions daily that affect us all can work forever?

Hey just last week I was in

Houston 

Dallas

Waco

Austin

San Antonio 

I’ve been everywhere man, I’ve been everywhere. (I’ll let you decide if any of the above are s$$tholes.)

16 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Anyone want to go in on a Manhattan closet sized condo and sublet it for a modest subscription fee to every teleworker on the planet? 

Aside from the whole conspiracy to commit tax evasion, wire fraud, etc. this would be solid.  

Three years until the feds catch up with you so you can live high on the hog for a bit.

I work in Rochester.  My company has offices all over the Northeast.  For workers who work in the Westchester County area and Connecticut get paid 10% more.  Now you could look at it two ways.  

1.  The company pays workers in those areas more becuse it costs more to liver there.  

2. I get paid less and I am a victim of bug business

I'd like to think the former makes more sense than the latter.  Too many victims in the country.  Be a victor not a victim.  What a mess. 

Edited by Irv