comments from UM's OC about everett

eball

UM OC comments

On Everett:

"... He's bigger, stronger, and faster that the last three big name tight ends from here (Bubba Franks, Jeremy Shockey, and Kellen Winslow Jr.) Now he doesn't quite have the ball skills that those guys did but they aren't as good a blocker... To me he's a polished tight end and he's a guy right now who can step in and play. His big thing is learning the system and once he gets that he'll make plays."

developmental project my ass. most encouraging are the comments about his blocking ability.

this offense would appear to have the pieces in place to do some damage. let's just hope that the jason peters project at LT is a successful one. :lol:

UM OC comments

On Everett:

"... He's bigger, stronger, and faster that the last three big name tight ends from here (Bubba Franks, Jeremy Shockey, and Kellen Winslow Jr.) Now he doesn't quite have the ball skills that those guys did but they aren't as good a blocker... To me he's a polished tight end and he's a guy right now who can step in and play. His big thing is learning the system and once he gets that he'll make plays."

developmental project my ass.  most encouraging are the comments about his blocking ability.

this offense would appear to have the pieces in place to do some damage.  let's just hope that the jason peters project at LT is a successful one.   :lol:

320588[/snapback]

Nice find. I really think this kid will pan out. GO BILLS!

His big thing is learning the system and once he gets that he'll make plays."

What does he mean by "thing"? It's like trying to decipher Mad Libs. Does he have a -problem- learning the system? Is he -slow- learning the system? Is he -banana sundae- learning the system? What does "thing" mean? :lol:

UM OC comments

On Everett:

How many "Wonders" did this guy "Lick" :lol::lol:

I'm calling their bluff on the Peters thing. The starting LT is either Teague, a backup like like McFarland or Gandy, or someone else's cap cut who is not on the team yet.

320770[/snapback]

Agreed. Peters should be lining up outside of Mike Willams and having MaGahee running sweeps to the right all day. We know he can be used on ST's, lining up inside to block punts, FG's etc. Plus a red zone target, ala Butch Rolle.

He's a situational player who can be used to help the team in different ways.

What does he mean by "thing"? It's like trying to decipher Mad Libs. Does he have a -problem- learning the system? Is he -slow- learning the system? Is he -banana sundae- learning the system? What does "thing" mean? :lol:

320769[/snapback]

It just means he's only had one year as a starter...He was a JC transfer who sat behind Winslow in 2003. A dozen games is not enough to learn all the nuances of the position.

320769[/snapback]

i agree w/ what sound n fury said. the guy hasn't been playing the position for very long. that's the nice thing about having a former TE as HC. i don't think he meant to say everett is stupid -- wonderlic score notwithstanding.

What do you expect the OC to say, "This guy sucks". ????

Noone will ever tell the truth when it comes to a player and their ability. Take everything said with a grain of salt.

Now I don't know a lot about Everett but it seems he didn't have the best hands in the world. Which was interesting as ESPN was saying he was more of either an H back or WR prospect in the NFL.

What do you expect the OC to say, "This guy sucks".  ????

Noone will ever tell the truth when it comes to a player and their ability.  Take everything said with a grain of salt. 

Now I don't know a lot about Everett but it seems he didn't have the best hands in the world.  Which was interesting as ESPN was saying he was more of either an H back or WR prospect in the NFL.

320793[/snapback]

The OC didn't have to make such a favorable comparison to other TEs he has coached.

In other words, if you read between the lines, you should be able to detect how sincere a compliment is. My take is that this is a very sincere comment from Miami's OC. I think this is encouraging to say the least.