It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

2 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I think we need to agree to disagree, you believe the shut downs were proper, I think they were cowardly and evil for the damage they did to kids. 

Once again I will point out that I have not given any opinion regarding school shut downs.  I took you to task over your false statement that Covid was not a risk to children.  If you want to discuss shutdowns, we can do that but first we have to agree on some basic facts.  Will you admit that Covid is a risk to children?  Will you agree that Covid has caused more deaths in children that the flu or pneumonia have over equivalent periods of time?  Will you agree that Covid is more transmissible that influenza?  If you can't get your facts right, you can't properly assess risk.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Once again I will point out that I have not given any opinion regarding school shut downs.  I took you to task over your false statement that Covid was not a risk to children.  If you want to discuss shutdowns, we can do that but first we have to agree on some basic facts.  Will you admit that Covid is a risk to children?  Will you agree that Covid has caused more deaths in children that the flu or pneumonia have over equivalent periods of time?  Will you agree that Covid is more transmissible that influenza?  If you can't get your facts right, you can't properly assess risk.

You spend a lot of words to say nothing and then still be wrong, must be why you love Kamala. From 2020-2023 pneumonia had 2961 deaths and COVID had 1696 for people under 18 according to the linked information from The CDC. 2961 is more than 1696, meaning pneumonia is worse. As for transmission we would need to test healthy people for flu if we are gonna do that for COVID before we can make any determinations scientifically, along with different flu strains have different degrees of transmission. I would state you are likely correct about that one inconsequential point, but the science is not settled 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

You spend a lot of words to say nothing and then still be wrong, must be why you love Kamala. From 2020-2023 pneumonia had 2961 deaths and COVID had 1696 for people under 18 according to the linked information from The CDC. 2961 is more than 1696, meaning pneumonia is worse. As for transmission we would need to test healthy people for flu if we are gonna do that for COVID before we can make any determinations scientifically, along with different flu strains have different degrees of transmission. I would state you are likely correct about that one inconsequential point, but the science is not settled 

Proof?

• Eyeroll 1

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/cdc-reports-fewer-covid-19-pediatric-deaths-after-data-correction-2022-03-18/

The adjustment resulted in removal of 72,277 deaths previously reported across 26 states, including 416 pediatric deaths, CDC said.

The reduction cut the CDC's estimate of deaths in children, opens new tab by 24% to 1,341 as of March 18.

Children accounted for about 19% of all COVID-19 cases, but less than 0.26% of cases resulted in death, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, which summarizes state-based data.

Edited by Tommy Callahan

24 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Okay so that shows that Covid caused more than 3X the number of deaths as influenza.  Exactly what are you trying to get at with pneumonia?  Many things can cause pneumonia including Covid 19.

As I have repeated, you are evil for supporting the shutdown when the risk to children from pneumonia is greater and you would never consider destroying their lives for that level.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

As I have repeated, you are evil for supporting the shutdown when the risk to children from pneumonia is greater and you would never consider destroying their lives for that level.

What if what is causing the pneumonia has nothing to do with schools?  Causes include aspiration, fungi, bacteria (frequently from long hospital stays).  I'm questioning how relevant it is to the discussion.

Edited by Scraps

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

What if what is causing the pneumonia has nothing to do with schools?  Causes include aspiration, fungi, bacteria (frequently from long hospital stays).  I'm questioning how relevant it is to the discussion.

Can you actually just spell out your belief? You take great pains to say nothing in as many words as possible. 

• Agree 2