It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

11 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

This is beyond stupid.  

viruses are the source of the infections. Viruses don’t give a ***** if you are “illegal”. You realize boarders are made up right. 

was going to delve into how vaccines are one of the greatest triumphs of the 20th century, saving billions of lives from death and misery. 

but with ignorant ***** like it’s immigrants what’s the point. 

oh and that leftie anti-vaccine *****. Yea, that’s ***** stupid too. Maybe look into who is funding that message. Leads back to the same place. 

I (as have billions) have received dozens of vaccines, both as a child and when I traveled over seas. You know what I got. Nothing. Not a t-shirt not a sippy cup not measles, rubella, mumps, small pox, whooping cough, etc etc etc. 

you know what the problem is, denying children vaccines for some purity campaign. 

I will go through with you what I have with every stupid liberal on here at one time or another. I live in one of the most diverse areas of the country, teach at a school that is less than 50% white and deal with immigrants every day of my life. I am glad to have legal immigrants in our country. As for the rest of your stupidity, other countries don't live to the standards of US citizens in general, they are more likely to have not been vaccinated and therefore are more likely to carry it and more likely to get infected. I wrote that statement before the news came out that the vast majority of the people ill with the virus were confirmed to be illegals. I don't have any idea where you come up with your concepts of other countries living up the US standards but you sound pathetically ignorant of the rest of the word. I must ask how old are you and where do you live?

Just now, Orlando Buffalo said:

I will go through with you what I have with every stupid liberal on here at one time or another. I live in one of the most diverse areas of the country, teach at a school that is less than 50% white and deal with immigrants every day of my life. I am glad to have legal immigrants in our country. As for the rest of your stupidity, other countries don't live to the standards of US citizens in general, they are more likely to have not been vaccinated and therefore are more likely to carry it and more likely to get infected. I wrote that statement before the news came out that the vast majority of the people ill with the virus were confirmed to be illegals. I don't have any idea where you come up with your concepts of other countries living up the US standards but you sound pathetically ignorant of the rest of the word. I must ask how old are you and where do you live?

Pots, kettles …

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Me recognizing that Americans are required to get more vaccines makes me ignorant? That is some interesting logic 

You have a general ignorance about you. 

26 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You have a general ignorance about you. 

Hey remember when you told me I was ignorant for believing in fall 2020 that COVID was not a threat to kids, and you told me I was ignorant about Hunters Laptop, and you told me I was ignorant that Biden was failing fast? Yeah your concept of ignorance is just those smarter than you.

11 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Hey remember when you told me I was ignorant for believing in fall 2020 that COVID was not a threat to kids, and you told me I was ignorant about Hunters Laptop, and you told me I was ignorant that Biden was failing fast? Yeah your concept of ignorance is just those smarter than you.

At least 1682 children in the U.S. have died from Covid.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

At least 1682 children in the U.S. have died from Covid.

COVID is less deadly than the flu or pneumonia for children. We don't shut down schools for those, we should not have shut them down for COVID. My school has had 4 children die from boating accidents, and several more from car accidents, but we don't stop them from attending school. Risk vs reward, you are terrible at assessing it.

4 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

COVID is less deadly than the flu or pneumonia for children. We don't shut down schools for those, we should not have shut them down for COVID. My school has had 4 children die from boating accidents, and several more from car accidents, but we don't stop them from attending school. Risk vs reward, you are terrible at assessing it.

Covid is more deadly than flu for children.  Flu has claimed between 1 and 199 deaths per year over the last 10 years.  Covid has been with us for between 4-5 years with an average death rate of about 355 per year.

Your criticize me for not assessing risk vs reward when I haven't expressed any opinion on whether or not schools should have closed or not.  I am simply pointing out that you don't know the data so your assessment probably sucks.

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Hoax.  You’re a moron.  That isn’t a hyperbolic thing.  You’re just not very smart. 

42 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Covid is more deadly than flu for children.  Flu has claimed between 1 and 199 deaths per year over the last 10 years.  Covid has been with us for between 4-5 years with an average death rate of about 355 per year.

Your criticize me for not assessing risk vs reward when I haven't expressed any opinion on whether or not schools should have closed or not.  I am simply pointing out that you don't know the data so your assessment probably sucks.

Shocking you did not link to your source because the numbers do not agree with you. You are comparing the people who died with COVID vs the people who died from the flu. If you look at the CDC numbers the COVID # are 1696, while the pneumonia is 2961, and the total of "pneumonia, flu and COVID" is almost 5k. To argue that COVID is worse than pneumonia makes you a liar, and to mistake the #s makes you stupid. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

Edited by Orlando Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Shocking you did not link to your source because the numbers do not agree with you. You are comparing the people who died with COVID vs the people who died from the flu. If you look at the CDC numbers the COVID # are 1696, while the pneumonia is 2961, and the total of "pneumonia, flu and COVID" is almost 5k. To argue that COVID is worse than pneumonia makes you a liar, and to mistake the #s makes you stupid. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

I compared Covid to influenza.

25 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I compared Covid to influenza.

We have had flu outbreaks that were much worse in American history and never shut down. I will also point out that H1N1 we had 1100 deaths of under 18 in less than one year. You are discussing 1800 in 4 years and think it is more. I will point out that your best argument is hilariously bad, that since I put the statement " flu or pneumonia" vs "flu and pneumonia" you tried to attack, when my overall point was valid and you can't actually show any numbers that covid os worse than pneumonia 

5 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

This country used to great things. We used to bring the world up to our standard

Call it altruism call it selfishness either way we weren’t afraid to help people instead of blame and incarcerate. 

you don’t need to know where I live, and my post said I have traveled to where I need to get extra vaccines. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

This country used to great things. We used to bring the world up to our standard

Call it altruism call it selfishness either way we weren’t afraid to help people instead of blame and incarcerate. 

you don’t need to know where I live, and my post said I have traveled to where I need to get extra vaccines. 

Your link says:

Efforts were redoubled with the launch of the Intensified Smallpox Eradication Programme in 1967. The Soviet Union provided freeze-dried vaccine, which became the basis for elimination of smallpox from eastern Europe, China and India. 

So apparently you are a Soviet since they are responsible for the largest group of people.

32 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Your link says:

Efforts were redoubled with the launch of the Intensified Smallpox Eradication Programme in 1967. The Soviet Union provided freeze-dried vaccine, which became the basis for elimination of smallpox from eastern Europe, China and India. 

So apparently you are a Soviet since they are responsible for the largest group of people.

1. Yes kinda my point. Why, we didn’t do it you may be asking… no we helped form the UN and the WHO and provide the lions share of the funding (or did). We are the richest nation on earth and technically we have the most to lose as your original post mentioned (not up to US standards)

2. Viruses don’t care if they are from the US or USSR, etc.

3. We were able to fund an org that helped millions of people that was driven by a “sworn enemy” seems like a great thing to me. Greater good vs transactional. YMMV.

4. Elephant in the room if isolationist / xenophobic ideas went so rampant her maybe the WHO. Would have more funding and the immigrant or illegal immigrants would have been vaccinated in their own country.

5. Maybe we should fund public health care and make sure everyone is vaccinated, seems like that policy might work better than complaining about illegals for 20 years and cutting public funding at every turn. BWDIK.

Back in my day, as kids, we used to step on rusty nails to prevent tetanus.  We used to eat raw hamburger that was left outside for three days to combat listeria.  We also built up an immunity to iocane powder and we loved it!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

We have had flu outbreaks that were much worse in American history and never shut down. I will also point out that H1N1 we had 1100 deaths of under 18 in less than one year. You are discussing 1800 in 4 years and think it is more. I will point out that your best argument is hilariously bad, that since I put the statement " flu or pneumonia" vs "flu and pneumonia" you tried to attack, when my overall point was valid and you can't actually show any numbers that covid os worse than pneumonia 

Your original statement was "that COVID was not a threat to kids".  That is what I took issue with and your are demonstrably wrong.

Your next criticism was that I did not provide a link.   Now you are saying I didn't address pneumonia.  Here is part of an abstract

"We find that in one state alone—Hawaii—three years of Covid-19 mortality is equivalent to influenza and pneumonia mortality in the three years preceding the Covid-19 pandemic. For all other states, at least nine years of flu and pneumonia are needed to match Covid-19; for the United States as a whole, seventeen years are needed; and for four states, more than 21 years (the maximum observable) are needed. These results provide an easy-to-understand calibration of flu as a heuristic for Covid-19, and vice versa."

Here is a link

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10168500/ 

Covid is far more contagious than the flu.

The last Flu pandemic to rival the latest Covid Pandemic was back in 1918.  We didn't even know what viruses were back then and letting nature take its course was the only solution.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Your original statement was "that COVID was not a threat to kids".  That is what I took issue with and your are demonstrably wrong.

Your next criticism was that I did not provide a link.   Now you are saying I didn't address pneumonia.  Here is part of an abstract

"We find that in one state alone—Hawaii—three years of Covid-19 mortality is equivalent to influenza and pneumonia mortality in the three years preceding the Covid-19 pandemic. For all other states, at least nine years of flu and pneumonia are needed to match Covid-19; for the United States as a whole, seventeen years are needed; and for four states, more than 21 years (the maximum observable) are needed. These results provide an easy-to-understand calibration of flu as a heuristic for Covid-19, and vice versa."

Here is a link

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10168500/ 

Covid is far more contagious than the flu.

The last Flu pandemic to rival the latest Covid Pandemic was back in 1918.  We didn't even know what viruses were back then and letting nature take its course was the only solution.

I think we need to agree to disagree, you believe the shut downs were proper, I think they were cowardly and evil for the damage they did to kids.