It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

On 12/14/2021 at 11:34 AM, B-Man said:

THEN IT ISN’T A MANDATE: 

New York Won’t Force Counties to Comply With Mask Mandate

“New York Governor Kathy Hochul undermined her own statewide mask mandate on Monday by revealing that she would not force counties to comply with the mandate.”

Translation: Enough counties wouldn’t comply even if Hochul did try to enforce a mask mandate that it would have been politically embarrassing.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/12/13/new-york-wont-force-counties-to-comply-with-mask-mandate-n1541346

Hochul is following the botched Demented Biden playbook.  What a mess.  

Laughing.png

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

Dr. Osterholm says Omicron is going to hit the country like a 'viral blizzard'

"I can tell you the days are gonna get worse ahead of us, and now is the time to get your protection and every day counts because you want the protection to mature in your body with the vaccines," Osterholm said. "So please, don't wait another day."

https://www.audacy.com/wccoradio/news/local/osterholm-says-omicron-is-going-to-hit-like-a-viral-blizzard

“We’re clearly turning the corner,” said Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota.

Published May 6, 2021

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/06/us/covid-case-hospitalizations-update.html

U.S. prepares for worst four months of the pandemic as it stares down the 'darkest' days yet

"We have not even come close to the peak, and as such, our hospitals are now being overrun," said Dr. Michael Osterholm, a member of President-elect Joe Biden's Covid task force.

PUBLISHED WED, NOV 11 2020 8:42 AM ESTUPDATED THU, NOV 12 2020 9:22 AM EST

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/11/us-prepares-for-worst-four-months-of-the-pandemic-as-it-stares-down-the-darkest-days-yet.html

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

And there it is. No matter a 99.99 survival rate in kids under 5, we have jabs to sell! 

You actually need another 9 on the back end to be accurate. But even more important, to me at least, is that for those under 18 unless they can get the Covid deaths to 0 that statistically there will be no significant improvement in the deaths of children for years. Basically when your comparing to 1 in 100k as a baseline it is hard to prove any improvement for a long time 

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/5/2021 at 7:11 PM, RunTheBall said:

Correct. You’re statement is not true. Please show me the data that shows Omicron is infecting more vaccinated people than unvaccinated.

We do not have the data yet to determine how much protection, if any, the vaccine gives towards Omicron. Fact.

It has been a couple weeks and all data shows my statement is true and you are wrong. Cornell is 100% vaccinated and yet 10% of students got Omicron in 2 weeks. Stating someone who is wrong when literally all of the current data shows one direction makes you sound stupid. 

Another botch job by Demented Biden, his communist buddies, and whoever is actually running the Executive Branch while Demented Biden plays President.  No plan.  Just a bunch of communist posturing.  What a mess.   

And we will be told by @The Frankish Reichand @Sundancer we just don’t understand science and math. But look, less deadly with the vax… but look, like most viruses it is becoming less deadly and more transmissible.  

but we will be told like clockwork that seasonality and the virus doing virus things has nothing tondo with it, it’s all because of the “ vaccine”

this may be the biggest scam in my lifetime, and I closing in on 60. 

people so desperate to have certainty in their life, so hard to let the narrative go no matter what the numbers say. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It has been a couple weeks and all data shows my statement is true and you are wrong. Cornell is 100% vaccinated and yet 10% of students got Omicron in 2 weeks. Stating someolne who is wrong when literally all of the current data shows one direction makes you sound stupid. 

Your statement was that more vaccinated people are getting infected with Omicron than unvaccinated. That is as wrong now as it was when you made the statement. Unvaccinated people are at much higher increased risk of getting Omicron and getting sicker from it (although most with Omicron have mild symptoms, Delta is the deadly one right now).

The vaccine offers differing degrees of protection against Omicron depending on the vaccine, none of them offer 100% protection, with Moderna being the best.

I will tell you that we’ve intubated more people from Covid in the last few weeks than we have in the last year. The only people we are putting on vents at my hospital are unvaccinated.

I am anti vaccine mandate but think the vaccine is one of several effective tools to fight Covid. If you are old, fat, and have multiple co morbidities and want to roll the dice and not get vaccinated that’s your choice and is called natural selection.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Your statement was that more vaccinated people are getting infected with Omicron than unvaccinated. That is as wrong now as it was when you made the statement. Unvaccinated people are at much higher increased risk of getting Omicron and getting sicker from it (although most with Omicron have mild symptoms, Delta is the deadly one right now).

The vaccine offers differing degrees of protection against Omicron depending on the vaccine, none of them offer 100% protection, with Moderna being the best.

I will tell you that we’ve intubated more people from Covid in the last few weeks than we have in the last year. The only people we are putting on vents at my hospital are unvaccinated.

I am anti vaccine mandate but think the vaccine is one of several effective tools to fight Covid. If you are old, fat, and have multiple co morbidities and want to roll the dice and not get vaccinated that’s your choice and is called natural selection.

Is it still a process of natural selection when it’s quite probable that this whole thing started when some of Faucci’s buddies left the window open at the Junior Science Fair ab in Wuhan?    It’s seems like it’s not natural, not natural at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

But isn't that true of almost every medical condition, disease, or illness?  And by virtue of that fact a policy of vaccinating everyone and treating everyone as if they have the same risk factor is not based on medical facts or necessity. 

What is the social "good" of a mandate or requirement of vaccinating healthy children under 5 years old, or older children and teenagers for that matter against an illness that poses no health risk to them in order to protect fat, old, and sick people from potential serious illness and death?  A mandate imposed by mostly fat, old, and sick people I might add.      

I'm neither fat or sick and not particularly old but I assessed my personal risk and decided to get the Moderna vaccine.  I think my decision at the time was sound and logical and is something that needs to be applied in general across the population.  Not the one-size fits all jab everybody every six months whether they need it or not.

By all accounts Omicron is more contagious but much less lethal.  South African doctors at the epicenter of the variant outbreak have stated about 2% of patients have required hospitalization vs. the 19% they experienced with Delta.  Cases have been described as mild.  My expectation is the current hysteria and drama over Omicron will prove to be overdone as time passes and more data and information is available.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Not sure who you think you are arguing against but my quote is "I have read several doctors have stated that being vaccinated is of little use against omnicron." I linked to an article that showed data indicating that currently more vaccinated are getting Omicron but that was straight statistics. Once again all data is showing I am correct, if the vaccines were effective against Omicron then Cornell would not have 10% of it's campus get it in a two week span. Everything else you mention is understood- I am very pro vaccine for those over 50 but my 16 year old being told he should get it is stupid.