It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Covid cases down 20% last two weeks...hospitals should now hire back all the heroes they fired this past week...

I was told the extremely deadly Florida wave would wipe out NY/NJ. Someone on this board lied to me.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I don't know what you believe because you never actually state what it is you believe, you simply state what you don't believe. So tell me at what age you believe the vaccine should be mandated, and when the boosters should be administered?

I’m not for mandates at all. People who don’t get vaccinated are complete and utter idiots who are irresponsible to society (assuming they don’t have a health reason), and I’d hope that lots of different elements of society push them to get the shot. 

If health care settings mandate it, that makes perfect sense to me and I support that completely but is up to them. 

Boosters seem logical for older people who have waning immunity as the science shows. May make sense for younger folks eventually but the science doesn’t seem to indicated right now. 

If you don’t know what I believe, don’t assume it. 

59 minutes ago, Governor said:

I was told the extremely deadly Florida wave would wipe out NY/NJ. Someone on this board lied to me.

Link it or you’re full of *****. 

3 hours ago, Governor said:

Can fat people and smokers get the Pfizer booster at 6 months? 

Sure. Walk into any cvs and fill out a form. I could get a booster and I’m neither of those. It ain’t rocket science. 

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Interesting...🤔

There were actually a few. They’re hiding right now. I had to remind them that it doesn’t get cold here until mid-January and we’re still running AC just like Florida has been for the last 3 months.

Edited by Governor

15 hours ago, Sundancer said:

I’m not for mandates at all. People who don’t get vaccinated are complete and utter idiots who are irresponsible to society (assuming they don’t have a health reason), and I’d hope that lots of different elements of society push them to get the shot. 

If health care settings mandate it, that makes perfect sense to me and I support that completely but is up to them. 

Boosters seem logical for older people who have waning immunity as the science shows. May make sense for younger folks eventually but the science doesn’t seem to indicated right now. 

If you don’t know what I believe, don’t assume it. 

So as long as you don't make a stand you can't be wrong? You still did not give me your timeline for the booster which is interesting since you were very worked up over that a month or so ago. 

14 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I did not watch but the fact that you linked to a video on a Chinese govt app says a lot to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

California Homeschooling Inquiries Skyrocket After Gov. Newsom Announces Statewide Student Vaccination Mandate.

https://californiaglobe.com/articles/california-homeschooling-inquiries-skyrocket-only-hours-after-gov-newsom-announces-statewide-student-vaccination-mandate/

Related: Flawed COVID mandates are speeding up the flight out of public schools.

https://nypost.com › 2021/09/30 › flawed-covid-manda...

11 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So as long as you don't make a stand you can't be wrong?

Wait wait this is funny. You asked me my opinions on certain topics and I gave them…and now I’m not taking a stand? WTF? I’m not sure anyone cares about my opinions besides you. Even I don’t care about my opinions as much as you Timmy.  I don’t care about your opinions, though you have a certain gift for stating things as fact that are completely wrong and that’s been fun to call out. 

11 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You still did not give me your timeline for the booster which is interesting since you were very worked up over that a month or so ago. 

I don’t have any idea what you asked that I didn’t answer. I am sure the board is dying to know my thoughts on some topic that you want me to expound on. I don’t remember being obsessing about booster timelines. Are you in a fiction writing class with me as your main character? How much room am I taking up in your head man? Anyways sure let me know what it is you want my opinion on about boosters. I’ll then check with Pfizer and see what they want me to say.  

Edited by Sundancer

On 10/2/2021 at 6:55 PM, Sundancer said:

Generally agree with you here.  But I think the concept of "medical necessity" has been lost in the mandate frenzy.  If, for example, a person under 30 has less risk of dying or getting sick than they do of getting serious side effects from the vaccine then the shot poses a greater health risk than the virus.  So why assume greater risk?  Because the idiots imposing the mandates are ignoring the science and coercing them to get it. 

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Generally agree with you here.  But I think the concept of "medical necessity" has been lost in the mandate frenzy.  If, for example, a person under 30 has less risk of dying or getting sick than they do of getting serious side effects from the vaccine then the shot poses a greater health risk than the virus.  So why assume greater risk?  Because the idiots imposing the mandates are ignoring the science and coercing them to get it. 

The risk of a serious side effect from the vaccine is around 0.0002%, way less than the risk of getting sick from Covid.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The risk of a serious side effect from the vaccine is around 0.0002%, way less than the risk of getting sick from Covid.

so im guaranteed to have that risk if i get the vax, but no guarantee i even get covid. and then my risk is still extremely low.  im not convinced its worth it.

33 minutes ago, Beach said:

so im guaranteed to have that risk if i get the vax, but no guarantee i even get covid. and then my risk is still extremely low.  im not convinced its worth it.

What does your doctor say? Are you substituting your judgment for theirs? 

Of course you are. Welcome to the Middle Ages. 

10 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Wait wait this is funny. You asked me my opinions on certain topics and I gave them…and now I’m not taking a stand? WTF? I’m not sure anyone cares about my opinions besides you. Even I don’t care about my opinions as much as you Timmy.  I don’t care about your opinions, though you have a certain gift for stating things as fact that are completely wrong and that’s been fun to call out. 

I don’t have any idea what you asked that I didn’t answer. I am sure the board is dying to know my thoughts on some topic that you want me to expound on. I don’t remember being obsessing about booster timelines. Are you in a fiction writing class with me as your main character? How much room am I taking up in your head man? Anyways sure let me know what it is you want my opinion on about boosters. I’ll then check with Pfizer and see what they want me to say.  

You state you don't  know what I asked and then proceed to quote it in same post and then not answer it. You are correct though your not worth trying to have any kind of conversation with.

33 minutes ago, Beach said:

Your risk of contracting Covid is around 3%.  Way, way higher.  And then it's a crap shoot especially with the delta variant how sick you get.  But your post really brings into clear focus the underlying issue with the pandemic from the beginning: so many think it's just about them.  It's not.  It's a public health problem and it's about all of us as a world community.  Just like it was with smallpox and measels and mumps and so on.  To defeat any virus, you have to deprive it of hosts where it can replicate and potentially mutate.  You do that by vaccination or by getting it and surviving.  Vaccination is way safer.  

The pandemic has exposed the self centered nature of modern society.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You state you don't  know what I asked and then proceed to quote it in same post and then not answer it. You are correct though your not worth trying to have any kind of conversation with.

You said that I didn’t give you a timeline for the booster. What does that even mean? Speak clearly man! 

46 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I'm talking risk to specific individuals based on their personal attributes.  Not a population level statistics.  Younger healthy people without any pre-existing conditions.  They have close to zero chance of a serious or critical infection and most likely will be mild to asymptomatic.  Their risk of death is also close to zero.  Why should they get vaccinated and risk side effects and potential unknown long-term adverse risks of the vaccine?  Something we can't possibly quantify.  Why take the chance on a "bet" you don't need to make?  On something that will most likely provide no medical benefit to the patient?   

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

What does your doctor say? Are you substituting your judgment for theirs? 

Of course you are. Welcome to the Middle Ages. 

im not at risk.  welcome to logic!

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm talking risk to specific individuals based on their personal attributes.  Not a population level statistics.  Younger healthy people without any pre-existing conditions.  They have close to zero chance of a serious or critical infection and most likely will be mild to asymptomatic.  Their risk of death is also close to zero.  Why should they get vaccinated and risk side effects and potential unknown long-term adverse risks of the vaccine?  Something we can't possibly quantify.  Why take the chance on a "bet" you don't need to make?  On something that will most likely provide no medical benefit to the patient?   

Read what I wrote above.

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Read what I wrote above.

I did read it.  The vaccination provides limited to no medical benefit to the young and healthy and violates the concept of medical necessity.  I think I've made my case on that clear.  Death and illness from COVID in the young and healthy is not an issue.  I see 80,000 young fans in college football stadiums over the past several weekends and they don't seem to be dropping dead all over the place as the Delta curve is in a downtrend. 

There are many more suicide and drug overdose deaths in the 17 and under age group than there are COVID deaths.  Maybe we should start questioning the priorities of the political class and concentrate on those issues rather than forcing people that don't need the vaccine to get the shot. 

But safety at all costs I guess.  Maybe we should mandate life vests for all beach goers and helmets for all people walking outside in case a rogue wave unexpectedly hits and sweeps everyone out to sea or a meteor drops out of the sky and hits them in the head too?  As you can never be too safe.  But maybe its me because I'm resigned to the fact of life that in the long run nobody gets out of this alive.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I did read it.  The vaccination provides limited to no medical benefit to the young and healthy and violates the concept of medical necessity.  I think I've made my case on that clear.  Death and illness from COVID in the young and healthy is not an issue.  I see 80,000 young fans in college football stadiums over the past several weekends and they don't seem to be dropping dead all over the place as the Delta curve is in a downtrend. 

There are many more suicide and drug overdose deaths in the 17 and under age group than there are COVID deaths.  Maybe we should start questioning the priorities of the political class and concentrate on those issues rather than forcing people that don't need the vaccine to get the shot. 

But safety at all costs I guess.  Maybe we should mandate life vests for all beach goers and helmets for all people walking outside in case a rogue wave unexpectedly hits and sweeps everyone out to sea or a meteor drops out of the sky and hits them in the head too?  As you can never be too safe.  But maybe its me because I'm resigned to the fact of life that in the long run nobody gets out of this alive.

You like others do not distinguish things that are voluntary and can kill you vs. a viral pandemic which is not voluntary.  The delta variant infects more young people, kill more and causes God knows how many more long term issues that the alpha.  But you do you.

Edited by oldmanfan