It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

You’re falling into the same propaganda most do that simply consume media without any critical thinking.  

The three groups that are low in vax rates:

Blacks

Hispanics

White Republicans

You got the last one, no problem… I wonder why you didn’t call out the other two? 

I did. A large part of that is lack of access. Similar to the voting issues the country faces.

• Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Yea F the unvaccinated if they chose to be unvaccinated. Overall it seems like it’s mainly Republicans who chose to be unvaccinated. I feel bad for those who want to be vaccinated but have limited access to the vaccine. 

Republicans can’t win elections now without cheating. How will they do with a 1-2 percent drop in their population.

Yeah!! Eff those people and their damn personal choices!!  

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

I did. A large part of that is lack of access. Similar to the voting issues the country faces.

Who doesn't have access to voting or the vaccine? 

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

I know you don’t truly believe that.  

Anyone who has wanted the vaccine, has been able to get it in this country.   

You seem to view blacks and hispanics as helpless people in need of your saving.  

You also don’t care to understand why those two groups have vaccine hesitancy… for black people, it’s deep rooted.   

Just admit you mindlessly repeated something you heard off MSNBC/CNN and let’s move on.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It was sarcasm… did they not have that back in the day?

The point is basic math. Republicans lost the last election where we had the greatest turn out In history. 

Let’s look at Ohio. Trump won. He won by say 350,000 votes out of 10,000,000. 

1 percent of the voting population dies, that’s 100,000. Now the virus is skewing attacking unvaccinated people. Polls show unvaccinated people are generally Republican.  So they 100,000 isn’t a vote for vote decrease but more day 8:2. Republicans lose Ohio.

Old people generally

skew Republican as well. The virus has a higher death rate among old people.

Anti-vax now is nothing more than wanting Democrats to keep their dominance over Republicans.

If Republicans wanted to win elections they’d get vaxxed.

• Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Governor said:

So, by trying to save you and not let all of you kill us, we’re actually trying to kill you? Is this 3 dimensional genocidal chess?

This is the biggest bunch of crap I’ve seen on here in a long time!

The hate you spew here everyday is proof you don’t care about anything or anyone but your political agenda.

Stop pretending you care about anyone who disagree’s you.

Just stop it!

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

The point is basic math. Republicans lost the last election where we had the greatest turn out In history. 

Let’s look at Ohio. Trump won. He won by say 350,000 votes out of 10,000,000. 

1 percent of the voting population dies, that’s 100,000. Now the virus is skewing attacking unvaccinated people. Polls show unvaccinated people are generally Republican.  So they 100,000 isn’t a vote for vote decrease but more day 8:2. Republicans lose Ohio.

Old people generally

skew Republican as well. The virus has a higher death rate among old people.

Anti-vax now is nothing more than wanting Democrats to keep their dominance over Republicans.

If Republicans wanted to win elections they’d get vaxxed.

This is what you consider "basic" math?  :lol:

With more delta variant outbreaks at outdoor events, many wonder if outside is no longer safe

An outdoor wedding and a music festival became COVID-19 outbreak events. But scientists say don't hide inside yet - Hahahaha 

The delta variant of the novel coronavirus has changed the social calculus for the pandemic, as evidence mounts that many behaviors formerly considered relatively safe are not enough to keep delta from spreading. 

Case in point: in April, 92 people attended an outdoor wedding in Texas, in which wedding attendees were required to be vaccinated in order to attend. Despite this precaution, six fully vaccinated individuals got sick from COVID-19, according to a research paper that used the wedding as a case study. The celebration, which was held under a large, open-air tent, resulted in a coronavirus outbreak that led to one guest dying a month later.

The study's authors suspect that two vaccinated guests who traveled from India likely transmitted the delta variant to other guests, despite both of them testing negative for SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes COVID-19, prior to their departure. 

The state of Oregon announced that it is investigating an outbreak stemming from the Pendleton Whisky Music Fest, which was held in an outdoor venue on July 10, 2021, in Pendleton, Oregon. So far, 64 COVID-19 cases have been connected to the event.

"This outbreak is the first one of its size and scope to be traced to an outdoor entertainment event since the lifting of statewide COVID-19 prevention measures at the end of June," state authorities said in a media release.

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/04/delta-variant-outside-safe/

They don't like y'all having fun again at outdoor events!   

tenor.gif

Edited by Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

With more delta variant outbreaks at outdoor events, many wonder if outside is no longer safe

An outdoor wedding and a music festival became COVID-19 outbreak events. But scientists say don't hide inside yet - Hahahaha 

The delta variant of the novel coronavirus has changed the social calculus for the pandemic, as evidence mounts that many behaviors formerly considered relatively safe are not enough to keep delta from spreading. 

Case in point: in April, 92 people attended an outdoor wedding in Texas, in which wedding attendees were required to be vaccinated in order to attend. Despite this precaution, six fully vaccinated individuals got sick from COVID-19, according to a research paper that used the wedding as a case study. The celebration, which was held under a large, open-air tent, resulted in a coronavirus outbreak that led to one guest dying a month later.

The study's authors suspect that two vaccinated guests who traveled from India likely transmitted the delta variant to other guests, despite both of them testing negative for SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes COVID-19, prior to their departure. 

The state of Oregon announced that it is investigating an outbreak stemming from the Pendleton Whisky Music Fest, which was held in an outdoor venue on July 10, 2021, in Pendleton, Oregon. So far, 64 COVID-19 cases have been connected to the event.

"This outbreak is the first one of its size and scope to be traced to an outdoor entertainment event since the lifting of statewide COVID-19 prevention measures at the end of June," state authorities said in a media release.

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/04/delta-variant-outside-safe/

They don't like y'all having fun again at outdoor events!   

tenor.gif

Whiskey Music event had 64 cases of Covid?  Big whoop.  Probably 10 times more cases of Syphilis.  

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Its a simple question, really. 

Drug makes do clinical trials, right.  And vaccine makers being drug makers performed clinical trials for their COVID vaccines.  With me so far.   And trials typically consist of three phases, one, two, and three.  One for safety, two and three for efficacy.  For Pfizer's phase 3 study the reported efficacy rate of their vaccine was of 95%.  Which means the vaccine generated antibody protection in 95% of the test subjects.  But failed to generate the necessary antibodies in 5% of the subjects and didn't produce the required immunity.  So far so good.

Then this Oxford study looked at the vaccines effectiveness against the Delta variant and they published the results of their findings.  Which showed the Delta variant is resistant to the vaccines.  And I asked you if my conclusion of the reduction in effective is wrong then what reduction in efficacy is the "right" number.  As the original Pfizer P3 failure rate was 5% and the Delta variant is resistant to the vaccine the effective rate of the vaccine must by definition be less than the 95% in preventing infection based their study.  Are you saying the effective against Delta is equal to the original 95% effectiveness?  Or don't you know?  And if you don't know how can you be sure I'm wrong? 

So please, all I'm looking for is a number that is greater than 5% but less than 95% that represents the estimated vaccine effectiveness against Delta identified in the Oxford study.   

You no read gud. 

My first question: You missed your mistake. Read the study again and try harder! 

My second you decided not to answer, which was smart since you are confusing two concepts: Efficacy and at risk. Remember you’re the one who chose both of those terms and mixed them. 

Edited by Sundancer

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It was ***** gibberish not math. 

I’ll break it down to basic math for you since you’re not at that first grade level… YET!

Biden had more electoral college and popular vote than Trump. To make it easier

for you 2 is bigger than 1. So I this scenario, Biden has 2 and Trump had 1.

Ok so that’s basic logical assumptions and facts. Let’s move to the next point!

We will round. Rounding means taking numbers to an easier number to understand (again going basic for you, you need it it it’ll pay off, trust me!)

So right now 99 percent of deaths are from people who are unvaccinated. 

I’m sorry but this is a little harder math so I’ll quote it for you from a recent poll: “Only 14% of Americans say they will definitely not get vaccinated. But this group is 69% white, compared with 7% Black and 12% Hispanic. Republicans make up 58% of this group, while Democrats account for 18%.”

So of that group that won’t get the vaccine it leans really hard Republican.

Assume All the same people vote in the next election. We would get sat the same 2-1 turnout. However, a bunch of people died. These people would be mainly Republican.

So instead of 2-1 it’s now 1.8

to .5.

13 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I’ll break it down to basic math for you since you’re not at that first grade level… YET!

Biden had more electoral college and popular vote than Trump. To make it easier

for you 2 is bigger than 1. So I this scenario, Biden has 2 and Trump had 1.

Ok so that’s basic logical assumptions and facts. Let’s move to the next point!

We will round. Rounding means taking numbers to an easier number to understand (again going basic for you, you need it it it’ll pay off, trust me!)

So right now 99 percent of deaths are from people who are unvaccinated. 

I’m sorry but this is a little harder math so I’ll quote it for you from a recent poll: “Only 14% of Americans say they will definitely not get vaccinated. But this group is 69% white, compared with 7% Black and 12% Hispanic. Republicans make up 58% of this group, while Democrats account for 18%.”

So of that group that won’t get the vaccine it leans really hard Republican.

Assume All the same people vote in the next election. We would get sat the same 2-1 turnout. However, a bunch of people died. These people would be mainly Republican.

So instead of 2-1 it’s now 1.8

to .5.

Sorry Gabby Johnson but that is one hell of a bunch of assumptive gibberish.  

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Correct 

The "unvaccinated" aren't screwing up anything.  

You can't expect......90%? vaccination with it being an option not mandatory  - we cannot mandate universal vaccination thus you can't possibly (they never did) expect 100% or anything close to it right now especially with no FDA approval.

Especially because they've lied.  Especially because they keep moving the goal posts.  

They KNOW THIS but it's not about health.  It's about power and control - see the eviction moratorium issue this week.  See addicting Americans to "stimulus" - good luck running on "I'm going to stop them from giving you 'free' money."  They are using it to rig elections and how we vote.  They want everything to be a public health crisis.  They want more power.   

The Unvaccinated shouldn't be called anything.  The Vaccinated shouldn't be called anything.   The sooner everyone realizes what is going on the better.  

70%- 75% in all areas would be nice.

And yes they are.  We don't live in your utopian all freedom all the time world.  We live in a very political world (thanks Mark and Jack).  In our real world with the leaders we have the people who aren't vaccinated ARE getting sick and flubbing it up for the rest of us.  I got the vaccine mostly for me but I expected more would step up so we could end this nonsense.  But we still can't and (with our leadership and vaccination rate) probably won't any time soon.

In the county I live with a population of 2,500,000, our vaccination rate is > 70%.  Yesterday we had 566 confirmed cases, 7 hospitalizations, and ZERO deaths.  We are not locked down, no one wants passports, and our governor says people don't need to wears masks unless they want to. And he ran for president as a wacky left winger.

https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/data/daily-summary.aspx

But yeah, I might grow a third arm out of my forehead.

Again, I agree with some of what you say, but its just not gonna work that way.

I have to admit I love your passion for the people not vaccinated even though you are.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Sorry Gabby Johnson but that is one hell of a bunch of assumptive gibberish.  

My 5 year old has better retorts. If you can’t say something to further the conversation don’t say anything at all. 

ive provided the break down on reasoning twice for you. Would the third time be the charm?

To win an election more people need to vote for you than the other. If one party does more due to a virus because they refuse to get vaccinated, it will make that party have a harder time to get elected since less people are in the base to vote.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

I feel bad for those who want to be vaccinated but have limited access to the vaccine. 

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Hopefully any voting block sees the work the Biden admin has been doing to get the vaccine available everywhere.

How do these 2 comments jive?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

My 5 year old has better retorts. If you can’t say something to further the conversation don’t say anything at all. 

ive provided the break down on reasoning twice for you. Would the third time be the charm?

To win an election more people need to vote for you than the other. If one party does more due to a virus because they refuse to get vaccinated, it will make that party have a harder time to get elected since less people are in the base to vote.

I know what you're trying to convey with your math.  It's not your math it's the assumptions behind your math.