When Does McGahee Begin his Holdout?

plenzmd1

Right now Drew knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on with Travis still being with the team. If and when Travis is traded I could see it possibly happening.

320662[/snapback]

Just some more Rosenhuas poop from the Milwaukee paper. What a shock, another client of his expected to hold. Oh, lets not forget Mike McKenzie was his client as well, as stated here. Man, this guy is going to be persona non grata pretty soon to GMs.

[B]Walker, who was selected to his first Pro Bowl last year, raised eyebrows in the off-season when he dumped his agent David Ware and hired Rosenhaus, who has many clients who have sought to renegotiate contracts. Rosenhaus represents former Packers cornerback Mike McKenzie, who refused to attend off-season activities last year, held out of training camp and demanded a trade. Walker, who was selected to his first Pro Bowl last year, raised eyebrows in the off-season when he dumped his agent David Ware and hired Rosenhaus, who has many clients who have sought to renegotiate contracts. Rosenhaus represents former Packers cornerback Mike McKenzie, who refused to attend off-season activities last year, held out of training camp and demanded a trade. B

Philadelphia's Terrell Owens and Arizona's Anquan Boldin, two wide receivers who are seeking to have their contracts re-written, both recently fired their agents and hired Rosenhaus. Boldin, who like Walker attended Florida State and has two years left on his contract, is skipping the voluntary portion of the Cardinals' camp.

Thompson wouldn't say what he would do if Walker didn't show up this week.

Walker has two years left on the six-year, $7.485 million contract he signed (the final year will be voided) after being selected in the first round of the draft three years ago. He is scheduled to make $515,000 in 2005 and between $650,000 and $2 million in '06 depending on an escalator clause tied to playing time and performance.

That contract sure sounds likes Willis to me.

As most of my posts indicate, I am not a doom and gloomer, however I think this story will get some legs as camp nears, however that is just a guess. More likely next year.

He won't hold out this year.  He figures to have a big season & then try to really get some big $.  Depending on what incentives are in the contract, he might not have to hold out, or he might have such a high 2006 cap # with incentives kicking in the Bills may be the ones renegotiating in order to bring his cap # down.

320482[/snapback]

I agree with you. After next season, if he performs well, he will want a new deal, but it will not be this year.

I've been wrong many times before, but, I thought when Willis signed, it the contract was laden with incentives. He got the money for being the 23rd pick in the draft, but that if he performed like he did prior to the national championship game, it would baloon to a top 5 type compensation.

Assuming I'm correct, and given the current glut of running backs on the trading block, there is really no reason to hold out...

I've been wrong many times before, but, I thought when Willis signed, it the contract was laden with incentives.  He got the money for being the 23rd pick in the draft, but that if he performed like he did prior to the national championship game, it would baloon to a top 5 type compensation.

Assuming I'm correct, and given the current glut of running backs on the trading block, there is really no reason to hold out...

320694[/snapback]

Except you have his agent, who has shown a propensity for his clients to hold out, and a pretty big increase on the cap with the new TV dollars.

I've been wrong many times before, but, I thought when Willis signed, it the contract was laden with incentives.  He got the money for being the 23rd pick in the draft, but that if he performed like he did prior to the national championship game, it would baloon to a top 5 type compensation.

320694[/snapback]

motivation = new contract = signing bonus.......

on his next deal willis is looking at a signing bonus in the 8-10M range.......he won't make that much in salary if he plays out his deal........

motivation = new contract = signing bonus.......

on his next deal willis is looking at a signing bonus in the 8-10M range.......he won't make that much in salary if he plays out his deal........

320698[/snapback]

More shocks of schcks, Reuban Droughns, freshly traded to the Browns, and a Drew client, is holding out for a new deal with two years left on his contract!!!.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindeale...50.xml#continue

My sense is that one of the big parts of the 2005 WM life is going to be the "father-figure" experienced old hand role he is going to take on as a past UM player (I'd call him a grad but I wouldn't be surprised if none of these three has actually graduated) for Roscoe Parrish abnd Kevin Everett.

UM players have a rep as athletes first and people second so I must admit to having some concern without knowing anything about them to see the Bills take 2 UM players with their top two picks.

However, upon further thought, I will be surprised if one of the side-effects (it is a sideshow because the main show is going to be how they produce on the field) of this pick isn't that it puts WM into a mentor role where he is given a set-up that encourages him to pass on the same work ethic that saw him desperately commit to being a workout warrior with Drew Rosenfool to get a 1st round selection.

WM continued this workout ethic to rehab to pull off last season and the payoff could be seen in a huge increase in his muscle mass and development of the stiff-arm as a weapon.

Various pollyannas on TSW are going to get their panties all up in a wad out of fear of a WM/Rosenblowbag holdout. This may happen and if it does you deal with it. However, by far the lead ethic which seems to be set up by our two UM draft picks is for seeing WM reinforced in taking a positive role.

Guess my main point in starting this thread was more a blast at Drew than actually thinking Willis will hold out this year. However, I think this guy is going a litlle to far with this holdout thing. Seems like every Drew client is holding out, and now there are rumors Schockey wants a new deal!!!, I sure as hell do not think he has outperformed his last.

Antbody know who Roscoes agent is?

Guess my main point in starting this thread was more a blast at Drew than actually thinking Willis will hold out this year. However, I think this guy is going a litlle to far with this holdout thing. Seems like every Drew client is holding out, and now there are rumors Schockey wants a new deal!!!, I sure as hell do not think he has outperformed his last.

Antbody know who Roscoes agent is?

320785[/snapback]

i'll give ya one guess........hahaha

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/foo...fl_x.htm?csp=34