1986 Season highlights. The Kelly/Levy era begins.

Back to back 2 win seasons gets you top picks (Bruce & Wolford). Add great player influx from the demise of an upstart League (Kelly, Hull, Norwood) and a new Coach and the stadium sells out! 😲

(click on Watch on YouTube )

Part 1

Part 2 

• Thank you (+1) 3

Thanks for sharing.

I remember being 16, fishing on the pier in Olcott for salmon, listening to Kelly’s first game ( preseason)as a Bill and everyone within earshot was paying attention. It was the beginning of a magic era and as a kid it seemed so unbelievable.

Marv was such a gem. He was exactly what those teams and players needed. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Thanks for the link. That brought back some fond(?) memories. First game I ever attended was the atrocity against the Pats at Rich Stadium.

How did the Bills end up playing an out-of-division team (Chiefs) twice in the regular season? Was that a usual thing at the time?

1 hour ago, seannc said:

Thanks for the link. That brought back some fond(?) memories. First game I ever attended was the atrocity against the Pats at Rich Stadium.

How did the Bills end up playing an out-of-division team (Chiefs) twice in the regular season? Was that a usual thing at the time?

I think it was something they experimented with for a couple years before ditching it. 

These highlights are great, but also hilarious.  “Good enough to dream.” :lol:

One thing stood out in particular — it was open season on QBs.  About 75% of the hits I saw on Kelly would be personal fouls today.

And %$&#@ Ronnie Harmon.

• Like (+1) 2