❤️Van Miller discusses the history of the Bills

First round, my favorite was my Dad, again pre-internet in the fall of 91 would get all of the articles including Mr. Felsers which was my favorite, and send it down in a tube overnight (on the BN of course, he wasn’t a saint).  So Tuesday after work and the gym, I came home to reading all of those articles TBD puts up for us now.  My buddy and I shared a townhome for rent sharing, and he used to say, you Buffalo people are a little nuts about you’re Bills.  My other bud who was from the northtowns  who relocated when I did would beg me to save the articles for him, and he started coming over our house every Tuesday night.

Van and Felser were good times.  I’m not old enough for the Buffalo Braves stuff, but heard he was awesome calling those games.  I can only remember the multi colored ball. 

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Everyone thinks their hometown announcers are the best.  That's silly but what matters is do they make the experience better for the fans and make a connection with the fan base. 

In each case, Miller, Darling, and Jeanerette did just that. They all made being a fan of a Buffalo sports team more enjoyable.  Buffalo missed out on the longtime baseball announcer that so many cities embraced. But I wouldn't trade "Where mama hides the cookies" for anyone.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Everyone thinks their hometown announcers are the best.  That's silly but what matters is do they make the experience better for the fans and make a connection with the fan base. 

In each case, Miller, Darling, and Jeanerette did just that. They all made being a fan of a Buffalo sports team more enjoyable.  Buffalo missed out on the longtime baseball announcer that so many cities embraced. But I wouldn't trade "Where mama hides the cookies" for anyone.

Bolded is categorically incorrect. Sports fans know good announcers from weak-ass homers. John Murphy was Vans’ booth sidekick years before he took the main mic. Now, many years later, he STILL sucks.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1