DeSantis For President in 2024?

OKAY, GROOMERS: 

Disney Vows to Help Repeal Florida’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill: ‘It Should Never Have Passed.’

As Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill into law on Monday, The Walt Disney Company issued a statement vowing to help repeal the controversial legislation.

“Florida’s HB 1557, also known as the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill, should never have passed and should never have been signed into law,” the statement reads. “Our goal as a company is for this law to be repealed by the legislature or struck down in the courts, and we remain committed to supporting the national and state organizations working to achieve that. We are dedicated to standing up for the rights and safety of LGBTQ+ members of the Disney family, as well as the LGBTQ+ community in Florida and across the country.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/28/disney-vows-to-help-repeal-dont-say-gay-law.html

Screen-Shot-2022-03-27-at-8.48.31-PM.png

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

OKAY, GROOMERS: 

Disney Vows to Help Repeal Florida’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill: ‘It Should Never Have Passed.’

As Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill into law on Monday, The Walt Disney Company issued a statement vowing to help repeal the controversial legislation.

“Florida’s HB 1557, also known as the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill, should never have passed and should never have been signed into law,” the statement reads. “Our goal as a company is for this law to be repealed by the legislature or struck down in the courts, and we remain committed to supporting the national and state organizations working to achieve that. We are dedicated to standing up for the rights and safety of LGBTQ+ members of the Disney family, as well as the LGBTQ+ community in Florida and across the country.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/28/disney-vows-to-help-repeal-dont-say-gay-law.html

Screen-Shot-2022-03-27-at-8.48.31-PM.png

The Most Political Place on Earth!  

• Like (+1) 1

I have read multiple people on hear comment that this a solution looking for a problem. This is in reaction to crap like this which happened in NY State 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/05/22/doe-treats-nyc-students-to-virtual-drag-queen-story-hour/amp/

This is officially DOE sanctioned for little kids, and should not be.

READ THE DAMN BILL:

It simply prohibits school districts from talking about topics that are not ‘age appropriate’ for kids in grades K through 3rd grade. 

Why is that language even the least bit controversial…unless School Districts were actually planning on (or already are) violating this basic principle? If they are, some teachers and administrators should be stripped of their credentials! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

READ THE DAMN BILL:

It simply prohibits school districts from talking about topics that are not ‘age appropriate’ for kids in grades K through 3rd grade. 

Why is that language even the least bit controversial…unless School Districts were actually planning on (or already are) violating this basic principle? If they are, some teachers and administrators should be stripped of their credentials! 

Don't you find it a bit curious that the people who are always clamoring for local control of schools are suddenly all for state mandated control?

By the way, other than good old fashioned reading, writing, arithmetic (and standardized high school AP type classes, to make sure all kids get the same opportunity to excel) I really do believe in local control. Maybe the Boulder Colorado (famously liberal city near me) elect a school board that thinks teaching these things is good for their kids is because the people of Boulder Colorado really think teaching these things is good for their kids. Maybe the Colorado Springs (famously conservative city near me) bans it because they think it's bad for their kids. Isn't that how it should be? Or is it local control for me but not for thee?

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Don't you find it a bit curious that the people who are always clamoring for local control of schools are suddenly all for state mandated control?

By the way, other than good old fashioned reading, writing, arithmetic (and standardized high school AP type classes, to make sure all kids get the same opportunity to excel) I really do believe in local control. Maybe the Boulder Colorado (famously liberal city near me) elect a school board that thinks teaching these things is good for their kids is because the people of Boulder Colorado really think teaching these things is good for their kids. Maybe the Colorado Springs (famously conservative city near me) bans it because they think it's bad for their kids. Isn't that how it should be? Or is it local control for me but not for thee?

What is wrong with you? I know you think you are being intelligent but what you wrote is horrific. Teaching children while they are still learning the concept of self about sex is highly damaging. Why do you want to teach a child in kindergarten about where he should stick his member? And why would you support sexualizing a 5 year old?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Huh? In our current system, public education is expensed and regulated by the state government. The state sets standards and they are implemented at the local level. That’s EXACTLY what this law does…if you read the two sentences that apparently have you twisted into knots. Once again, it’s not complicated. Please try and stay on this planet. 

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Huh? In our current system, public education is expensed and regulated by the state government. The state sets standards and they are implemented at the local level. That’s EXACTLY what this law does…if you read the two sentences that apparently have you twisted into knots. Once again, it’s not complicated. Please try and stay on this planet. 

If you don't like something that your local school district is teaching, vote in new school board members.

If you are outvoted in your local school district, move to another school district, or send your kids to private school, or homeschool them.

And you are wrong: the Florida law targets local school districts that have added all this woke sexuality stuff into their curricula. There is no Florida state law that requires teaching these things. 

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If you don't like something that your local school district is teaching, vote in new school board members.

If you are outvoted in your local school district, move to another school district, or send your kids to private school, or homeschool them.

And you are wrong: the Florida law targets local school districts that have added all this woke sexuality stuff into their curricula. There is no Florida state law that requires teaching these things. 

Why do you feel that it is appropriate to discuss with a 5 year old anything of sexual nature? Seriously your argument that it should be local control is as if we are discussing a reasonable standard. Should Florida allow counties to be antisemitic if it is under local control? No because only unreasonable people believe it. And only unreasonable people think discussing this material with a 5 year is ok.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Laws are different all over the country but in general the State establishes STANDARDS!!! That’s what the Bill actually speaks to if you’d actually read it. And no…your local school district doesn’t get to teach whatever they want. Where in the world did you get that idea?? Sheeessh

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10665389/School-nurse-suspended-revealing-student-11-puberty-blockers.html

This is the first article I have seen on this so I will state it might end up being wrong but generally the Daily mail is not complete garbage. Who can defend this? Life changing drugs and not telling parents because a 10 year old disagrees with the parents? 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...