Serenity trailer released today!

Fezmid

HGTTG = Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The Serenity trailer will probably play before that movie this Friday.

You can watch it now at http://www.serenitymovie.com

Basically it's one of the best TV series ever, but Fox screwed it up (they aired the two hour pilot as the last episode, aired the other episodes out of order, pre-empted it multiple times for baseball, etc, etc). Universal bought the rights to make it into a movie, and it will be released in September. If it does well, they'll turn it into a trilogy.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...&s=dvd&n=507846

(note the 5 star rating at Amazon with nearly 1,300 reviews)

Check it out -- the series is cheap (only $35), and it's going to be an awesome movie!

CW

Serenity now.  SERENITY NOW! :lol:

320326[/snapback]

Gotta love any show that has lines like this:

Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?"

Book: "Very specific. But it gets rather fuzzy in the area of kneecaps."

or:

Book: “What are we up to, sweetheart?”

River: “Fixing your Bible.”

Book: “I um... what?”

River: “Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logistics. It doesn't make sense.

River: "Noah's Ark is a problem.”

Book: “Really?”

River: “We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon. Only way to fit 5000 species of mammal on the same boat!”

Book: “Give me that!”

Shiny! :lol:

CW

Screening for Firefly on May 5th in 10 cities:

The cities to be hit are:

Seattle

Austin

Sacramento

Boston

Altanta

Chicago

San Francisco

Las Vegas

Denver

The Portland of Oregon

(if you live in one of these cities, you should definately try to see the movie; but don't tell spoilers on here!!!!)

http://www.serenitymovie.com

CW

Cool trailer!....

FX are getting incredible in some of these movies.

Hopefully Serenity will do well. With Star Wars closing out this summer we will need another science fiction saga to latch onto...

Too bad Pitch Dark/Riddick didn't do very well...That was a GREAT movie :lol:

So is Serenity a completely new movie? or is it a retelling of the pilot with more fx?

320839[/snapback]

It's a completely new story, although they apparantly will fill in a lot of information from the original series so that you don't have to watch the show first. Rumor is that we'll learn a bit about Book's background as well.

I thought about going to Chicago for the weekend to see the advanced screening, but the tickets are already sold out :(

CW

It's a completely new story, although they apparantly will fill in a lot of information from the original series so that you don't have to watch the show first.  Rumor is that we'll learn a bit about Book's background as well.

I thought about going to Chicago for the weekend to see the advanced screening, but the tickets are already sold out ;)

CW

320855[/snapback]

VERY cool trailer. :(

VERY cool trailer.  :(

320962[/snapback]

I'm going to have to watch it today... I held out for a whole 24 hours, can't do it until September. ;)

I thought about doing a roadtrip next week to see the advanced screening in Chicago, but it was already sold out this morning. :doh:

CW

The cities to be hit are:

Seattle

Austin

Sacramento

Boston

Altanta

Chicago

San Francisco

Las Vegas

Denver

The Portland of Oregon

Too bad, I have a wedding in Houston next week, so I won't be in SF, otherwise I'd go. We get lucky here, you can see most movies in advance.

Firefly was the TV show. Serenity is the movie.

Have you seen the TV show? If not, I'd recommend buying it from Amazon, or renting it from Blockbuster/Netflix. VERY good writing excellent characterization and story development.

CW