Moncton Wildcats hire Ted Nolan

millbank

Moncton, NB ---- The Moncton Wildcats made the first off season move a major one with the hiring of former NHL Coach of the Year, Ted Nolan as Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, it was announced today.

“I am pleased to announce that Ted Nolan will join the Moncton Wildcats as coach and Director of Hockey Operations,” Robert Irving, owner of the Moncton Wildcats told a Moncton news conference. “Ted Nolan is here today because I want to bring a winner to Moncton and Ted Nolan is a winner,” Irving said.

Nolan won the Jack Adams Trophy as Coach of the Year in the NHL in 1996-97. He coached the Sault St. Marie Greyhounds to three consecutive Memorial Cup appearances, winning the title in 1993.

“I want to take this organization to the next level and I felt we needed someone who understood what it takes to not only compete in, but win the Memorial Cup,” Irving said. “In my mind that person is Ted Nolan.”

Irving said Nolan will have complete authority on all aspects of hockey operations, including making decisions on all existing personnel.

- It will be interesting to see how he does..........

Ted Nolan

Moncton, NB ---- The Moncton Wildcats made the first off season move a major one with the hiring of former NHL Coach of the Year, Ted Nolan as Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, it was announced today.

“I am pleased to announce that Ted Nolan will join the Moncton Wildcats as coach and Director of Hockey Operations,” Robert Irving, owner of the Moncton Wildcats told a Moncton news conference. “Ted Nolan is here today because I want to bring a winner to Moncton and Ted Nolan is a winner,” Irving said.

Nolan won the Jack Adams Trophy as Coach of the Year in the NHL in 1996-97. He coached the Sault St. Marie Greyhounds to three consecutive Memorial Cup appearances, winning the title in 1993.

“I want to take this organization to the next level and I felt we needed someone who understood what it takes to not only compete in, but win the Memorial Cup,” Irving said. “In my mind that person is Ted Nolan.”

Irving said Nolan will have complete authority on all aspects of hockey operations, including making decisions on all existing personnel.

- It will be interesting to see how he does..........

Ted Nolan

319953[/snapback]

It is good to see Nolan get another chance at coaching. It will probably never be known what was going on behind the scenes with Muckler and Nolan, but hopefully Ted has learned from it.

How does a coach of the year not get another job in the NHL??? Can anyone explain this to me??? Most of his players would run through a wall for him (except our Czech goalie), and he just never is given a shot again??? Something funny is going on. Insanity. Another reason why the NHL is a garbage league right now. :lol:

How does a coach of the year not get another job in the NHL???  Can anyone explain this to me???  Most of his players would run through a wall for him (except our Czech goalie), and he just never is given a shot again???  Something funny is going on.  Insanity.  Another reason why the NHL is a garbage league right now.  :lol:

320133[/snapback]

Ditto! He deserved another shot in the NHL,but Im glad he got another job!

How does a coach of the year not get another job in the NHL??? Can anyone explain this to me??? Most of his players would run through a wall for him (except our Czech goalie), and he just never is given a shot again??? Something funny is going on. Insanity. Another reason why the NHL is a garbage league right now.

It has a lot to do with the fact he won't accept a job as an assistant. The guy was a GM killer with Muckler and that goes a long way too. Glad he got a job finally. The guy deserves another shot.

Perhaps I can shed some light on this. From what I understand Nolan is from a poor native reservation. I think he has been offered PLENTY! of work. From what I understand the job for Nolan would have to be pretty special for him to leave his home reservation and stop helping the reservation. I have seen many stories about him on Canadian Sports networks.

Good for Ted.  The blackballing the NHL gave him has gone on long enough.

320156[/snapback]

Im happy for Ted....and a lot of times I do not understand why he could not find another job...but to me, there must be something that we dont know...I have no other explanation why a former Jack Adams winner cannot find a job.

It has a lot to do with the fact he won't accept a job as an assistant. The guy was a GM killer with Muckler and that goes a long way too. Glad he got a job finally. The guy deserves another shot.

There are many rumors. But whatever really happened, I wish Nolan luck and hope he makes it back to the NHL. He really was a terrific coach and the Sabres really played hard for him.

Gotta love how hearsay is reported as fact on this board. Just another sign that the collective intelligence of TBD is slipping daily. Pity.

321439[/snapback]

Hey, its not hearsay, it's credible. You'll have to trust me on that though.

Gotta love how hearsay is reported as fact on this board. Just another sign that the collective intelligence of TBD is slipping daily. Pity.

Where was hearsay reported as fact? In his post he called it hearsay. It's not exactly a new rumor....

I have no other explanation why a former Jack Adams winner cannot find a job.

Bill Barber former coach of the Philadelphia Flyers doesn't have a job and he won the Jack Adams as well. I guess winning coach of the year doesn't really carry much weight in the NHL.

Good for Ted.  The blackballing the NHL gave him has gone on long enough.

320156[/snapback]

Ever been to Moncton? Other than a road that allows your car to coast uphill, there isn't much there... Being from Buffalo, I won't comment on the weather.

:doh:

You do have to wonder how he could be so shut out of the NHL. Of course, I guess he has that in common with his players, too. :lol: