Critical Race Theory

55 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yup. Freedom of information. Sorry that’s so hard for you to wrap your brain around. You ship you kids off every day for several hours.  Wouldn’t you be interested in knowing what that are beind told by a governmentally run entity?  And yes I used the word told vs taught on purpose. 

Putin couldn’t be more proud of you and your advocacy of a police state.

Teachers aren’t paid enough to put up with this bulllllllschit.

Idiots 

48 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Teachers have always taught the curriculum without much parental input and for the most part it has worked.

That is false.

How you could think that certainly calls into question all your other posts.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Teachers have always taught the curriculum without much parental input and for the most part it has worked.

Now, we've got some ignorant parents who think they know better. They want certain books banned because it bothers them. Some want to burn books. Can you think of any other times in history where books were banned and burned? How did that work out?

It's a step towards totalitarianism.

They banned Maus partially because the animals in the graphics were naked. If you think that people like this should be involved in their chidren's education, you're as stupid as them.

We have entered an age where some people also believe bloggers are smarter than scientists. If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny.

When you have your President suggesting that the injection of bleach might be a good idea or that horse medication is a better treatment for humans than a vaccine that has proven to be effective, you are saying that everyone has an equal opinion when it comes to science. You would have laughed at that notion just a few years ago.

Now, if you choose not to get vaccinated, it's been established that you are approximately 30 times more likely to die of COVID. Personally, I don't care.

It's a great example of Darwinism.

So, yeah, I don't want absolute morons deciding what should be taught in school. If they are successful in their attempts, it will make for an even more ignorant citizenry. I suppose that will be looked upon as a roaring success by your team, but we're not interested in our kids being dragged down to your kids' levels.

You seem to want to bundle up a whole bunch of topics with no relevancy to my comments.  But I'm going to keep it focused on topic which is parental involvement is school curriculum.

All I'm saying is attacking parents for involvement in school curriculum is a political and social landmine.  You can call parents all kinds of names and accuse them of being domestic terrorists or book burners or any other negative label or tag you want to pin on them.  It won't make any difference.  Nobody's listening to that stuff anymore as the narrative is just old and worn out past its expiration date.   

Parents don't want their 4 year olds learning about gender reassignment surgery.  And encouraging kids a few years older to entertain it?  You've can't be serious?  You think this is a good idea?  They don't want their young kids being taught to stereotype and label their classmates.  They don't want their kids to be taught in what presents itself as a divisive and hostile school environment telling some kids they're oppressors and others they're victims.  5 and 6 year olds are oppressors.  Wow. 

You think all this crap is popular with the majority?  Of any social or economic group of people?  Its not.  You think sicking the FBI and the DOJ on parents is a winning strategy?  If Democrats run anywhere near your view in November they're going to get slaughtered at the polls. I think most are smart enough to see that risk.  Sure, but why not stand outside the polls in November and call everyone voter entering the polling place a racist and trans-phobic book burner but also ask them to please vote for us because we're the good guys!    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

So, if a camera was trained on you at work or home you would be okay with that if someone thought it appropriate?

The Republican Party used to fiercely fight against an Orwellian world.

Now, they embrace it.

If parents are unhappy with their schools, homeschool them,

If people are unhappy with what hospitals prescribe for their patients, should they be able to be treated by whatever they want?

Many on your side believe that. Are you one of them?

So if the parents have a problem with how their children are being taught your response is home school?   How about fix the ***** problem.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

as a teacher i would love a camera on me at all times.  i have nothing to hide and it would protect me if a child lied about something.  if parents have a live look in they might see their perfect angel isnt what they thought.  there are already cameras in the hallways, gym, cafeteria, etc.  there are plenty of businesses and jobs where a camera is on the employees, this isnt a big deal.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beach said:

as a teacher i would love a camera on me at all times.  i have nothing to hide and it would protect me if a child lied about something.  if parents have a live look in they might see their perfect angel isnt what they thought.  there are already cameras in the hallways, gym, cafeteria, etc.  there are plenty of businesses and jobs where a camera is on the employees, this isnt a big deal.

Honestly I would not mind the camera since it could be used to help me improve my teaching and see who is acting up when I am not paying direct attention. We could definitely have cameras that only are used when an accusation is made, not necessarily for a big bros situation.

• Agree 1

On 2/10/2022 at 9:35 AM, Chef Jim said:

Home?? Who's talking about home?

And if I worked with children and was paid by the public I'd be ok with it.  

Are you ok with having ZERO clue as to what your very impressionable children are being told? 

How many teachers have been fired for doing stupid ***** in the classrooms caught on a students phone?  

This teacher has been fired. 

I would much rather have the average teacher teach children than those who want the government installing cameras in the workplace.
It seems like only a few years ago that Republicans were all about freedom from big government.

Trump has had such a great effect on you folks.

Actually he hasn't changed a thing. He's just brought the pus to the surface.

On 2/10/2022 at 10:11 AM, B-Man said:

That is false.

How you could think that certainly calls into question all your other posts.

Maybe where you're from the Department of Sanitation has been teaching the curriculum.

• Vomit 1

On 2/10/2022 at 10:57 AM, Chef Jim said:

So if the parents have a problem with how their children are being taught your response is home school?   How about fix the ***** problem.  

The problem that you clearly can't see is exactly what these wonderful parents want taught and not taught in schools. 

Why are you so afraid of your kids learning more about slavery than it just existed?

You want parents able to remove books from libraries while these same parents' sum total of reading is The National Enquirer.

It's the same thought you folks have about people having the right to tell hospitals which medications should be used on them. That's working out great for your team, too.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

I would much rather have the average teacher teach children than those who want the government installing cameras in the workplace.
It seems like only a few years ago that Republicans were all about freedom from big government.

Trump has had such a great effect on you folks.

You'd rather have a teacher telling "who knows what" to your children than making sure the babysitters aren't pushing an agenda?  

It seems like only a few years ago the left was lamenting about how far behind the rest of the world we were regarding the education of our children.  Why are we so far behind??  

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Why are you so afraid of your kids learning more about slavery than it just existed?

What does this have to do with the topic at hand?  But I'll ask anyway.  What more existed about slavery than what is being taught?  

BTW CRT isn't about slavery.  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/10/2022 at 8:47 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Isn’t it interesting how the Left screamed for cameras on police officers but then opposes them on teachers?  Both are public employees working essentially unsupervised. 

Not really.  I haven’t heard of teachers shooting anyone in the back recently.  Also, the cameras are *gasp* better for police because it insulates from misconduct/brutality/etc. claims.  Also helps with suppression issues.  In this day and age, there’s no good reason not to have them on cops.  

On 2/10/2022 at 9:30 AM, Chef Jim said:

So we have ignorant parents but those that run our school systems and babysit our children are the final say on what our children are taught?  I think there is a lot of ignorance in our school system.  Aren't many of them parents too?  

Do you feel parents should have a bigger say in what THEIR children are taught.

And you say the curriculum has worked for the most part.  I don't think parents are satisfied with that.   

Cool story.  Maybe they can home school.  Otherwise, by participating in the public education system, they delegate that responsibility through an indirect electoral process.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Not really.  I haven’t heard of teachers shooting anyone in the back recently.  Also, the cameras are *gasp* better for police because it insulates from misconduct/brutality/etc. claims.  Also helps with suppression issues.  In this day and age, there’s no good reason not to have them on cops.  

Cool story.  Maybe they can home school.  Otherwise, by participating in the public education system, they delegate that responsibility through an indirect electoral process.  

So you believe the reason we have cameras on Police Officers is because they're prone to shooting people in the back?  And you believe that happens how many times a year?  Come on Man....don't be ridiculous! 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you believe the reason we have cameras on Police Officers is because they're prone to shooting people in the back?  And you believe that happens how many times a year?  Come on Man....don't be ridiculous! 

No, I believe we have cameras on cops to prevent police brutality and to insulate police from unfounded claims of brutality.  Teachers don’t regularly have physical interactions with the populous.  Police do.  It’s sort of absurd that this even has to be a conversation.  Like cops?  Give them cameras.  Protect them.  Think Ken Achtyl is a d-bag (I do; Google him.  He wouldn’t have been caught without a body cam)?  Put a camera on him, too.  It’s a win for everyone.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

No, I believe we have cameras on cops to prevent police brutality and to insulate police from unfounded claims of brutality.  Teachers don’t regularly have physical interactions with the populous.  Police do.  It’s sort of absurd that this even has to be a conversation.  Like cops?  Give them cameras.  Protect them.  Think Ken Achtyl is a d-bag (I do; Google him.  He wouldn’t have been caught without a body cam)?  Put a camera on him, too.  It’s a win for everyone.  

You’re all over the place now. First you believe the coroner needs video to know whether someone’s been shot in the back….and now it’s about brutality? So apparently you don’t believe a teacher had ever been accused of inappropriate behavior with a minor? Unbelievable!

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re all over the place now. First you believe the coroner needs video to know whether someone’s been shot in the back….and now it’s about brutality? So apparently you don’t believe a teacher had ever been accused of inappropriate behavior with a minor? Unbelievable!

Hoax.  I’m not all over the place.  You are.  Now you’re saying that teachers should always wear body cameras—24 hours a day—because some teacher somewhere diddled a student outside of school hours and off of school grounds.  What a sickening suggestion it is to invade the privacy of hundreds of thousands of good and honest teachers.  This isn’t some Orwellian state we’re living in here.  

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I’m not all over the place.  You are.  Now you’re saying that teachers should always wear body cameras—24 hours a day—because some teacher somewhere diddled a student outside of school hours and off of school grounds.  What a sickening suggestion it is to invade the privacy of hundreds of thousands of good and honest teachers.  This isn’t some Orwellian state we’re living in here.  

Body cameras? Nobody’s talking about cameras…except you! By the way, next time you’re asked to speak at the National School Safety Conference let me know. I’ll be the guy on the Dias. To quote Billsy….idiot.