Critical Race Theory

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I was asking. So you agree that racism was a central aspect of southern history? And since our history who we all are, it has affected society today.

Central? No, not when 1% of people actually owned slaves. 
Instead of focusing on what happened 200 years ago, put that energy towards the slavery happening today in china!

26 minutes ago, Westside said:

Central? No, not when 1% of people actually owned slaves. 
Instead of focusing on what happened 200 years ago, put that energy towards the slavery happening today in china!

Wow, what ignorance! The rich slave owners dominated southern society using racism. 1% of whites but 95% of blacks were enslaved. All blacks were subject to Jim Crow. 

You are a perfect example of why racism needs taught in history, it was a central aspect of our history. 

Racism was a central cause to the Civil War 

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I was asking. 

No.

You were assuming that people concerned about CRT horrible overreach, didn't want our complete history taught.

You keep using the taught history that we are all aware of, but you won't touch the subject of Critical Race Theory

You are wrong.

No matter how much you want to make it so.

(see your preoccupation with the South, when the entire country is being infested with CRT's hate.)

NOTE: the Tiberius Word of the Day is.............CENTRAL

Edited by B-Man

Just now, B-Man said:

No.

You were assuming that people concerned about CRT horrible overreach, didn't want our complete history taught.

You are wrong.

No, this is just another way, in a long string of tactics, to scare white people into thinking blacks are hurting them. It's sad 

Not much different than those that claim slavery was not the central cause of the American Civil War 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, what ignorance! The rich slave owners dominated southern society using racism. 1% of whites but 95% of blacks were enslaved. All blacks were subject to Jim Crow. 

You are a perfect example of why racism needs taught in history, it was a central aspect of our history. 

Racism was a central cause to the Civil War 

So, by your reasoning, even though only 1% of the population (including both black and white people) owned slaves, we need to apologize for the 1%? 
We have people today being used in slavery and you don’t care about them? I’m going to say you really don’t care about people who were slaves 200 years ago.

In fact, I bet you don’t care about anything but your agenda.

2 minutes ago, Westside said:

So, by your reasoning, even though only 1% of the population (including both black and white people) owned slaves, we need to apologize for the 1%? 
We have people today being used in slavery and you don’t care about them? I’m going to say you really don’t care about people who were slaves 200 years ago.

In fact, I bet you don’t care about anything but your agenda.

Apologize? Where did I say that? 

Just teach the truth. I mean it caused our most destructive war. Conservatives have made racism their go to political tool to retain power. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Apologize? Where did I say that? 

Just teach the truth. I mean it caused our most destructive war. Conservatives have made racism their go to political tool to retain power. 

Again you lie. Check the history of your boy biden. He was best friends with a kkk top guy. He even did his eulogy. He didn’t want his kids to go to school with other black children. He’s made so many racist remarks in his 50 years as a politician. Yet you totally ignore it. You’re a Marxist bot, that’s all you are, no one takes you seriously here.

2 minutes ago, Westside said:

Again you lie. Check the history of your boy biden. He was best friends with a kkk top guy. He even did his eulogy. He didn’t want his kids to go to school with other black children. He’s made so many racist remarks in his 50 years as a politician. Yet you totally ignore it. You’re a Marxist bot, that’s all you are, no one takes you seriously here.

🤣

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

As you know, or should, that is a misinterpretation of CRT in schools.

EVERYONE wants to CONTINUE to teach about the evils of slavery and it's effects upon America.

Agreed.

If there is a point to be made here, my early history classes did gloss over how the Democratic Party was and has always been the elitist white supremacist and racist party. It wasn’t until some college level classes where they got into that history and some theory as to why Democratic political leaders and their followers tend to be the origin of racism for all history. 😉 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Agreed.

If there is a point to be made here, my early history classes did gloss over how the Democratic Party was and has always been the elitist white supremacist and racist party. It wasn’t until some college level classes where they got into that history and some theory as to why Democratic political leaders and their followers tend to be the origin of racism for all history. 😉 

That’s when the Conservatives were in the Democratic Party. They left after the civil

rights bills were passed. So yes, the Democrats use to be the Conservatives 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

That’s when the Conservatives were in the Democratic Party. They left after the civil

perfect example of whitewashing history they keep talking about. Democrats remain the party of white supremacy exploiting race and espousing elitism. They do it much more subtly now.. like a constant dog whistle for their flock 🐑 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

perfect example of whitewashing history they keep talking about. Democrats remain the party of white supremacy exploiting race and espousing elitism. They do it much more subtly now.. like a constant dog whistle for their flock 🐑 

Conservative Democrats. That's just the true, son 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

How do you write the history of the South without making race a critical or dominant part of that history? 

What stupidity it takes to act like slavery was mainly a racial act and not just evil. Generally the blacks that were taken from Africa were first made into slaves by other black tribes. Native Americans had slaves in the USA before the Europeans arrived. Not sure why you would also focus on the south when the North was cruel to blacks also. Slavery is evil and needs to be addressed as such, regardless of who did it. To make a child responsible for what their parents did is the act of truly damaged people.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We already had this discussion and you have nothing to back you up except your lies.

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

What stupidity it takes to act like slavery was mainly a racial act and not just evil. Generally the blacks that were taken from Africa were first made into slaves by other black tribes. Native Americans had slaves in the USA before the Europeans arrived. Not sure why you would also focus on the south when the North was cruel to blacks also. Slavery is evil and needs to be addressed as such, regardless of who did it. To make a child responsible for what their parents did is the act of truly damaged people.

We already had this discussion and you have nothing to back you up except your lies.

Slavery was race based here in the USA. 

And  do nothing to back whatup? That Conservatives were the racists? That Conservative Democrats left and became Republicans? Want proof? 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I was asking. So you agree that racism was a central aspect of southern history? And since our history who we all are, it has affected society today.

Are we what we've become or what we use to be? And, by trying to be what we use to be, does that diminish what we've become? 

Give me an example of how race has affected society today.  Then we can discuss it, and if an how, specifically. I think that will help the discussion.

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

How do you write the history of the South without making race a critical or dominant part of that history? 

The thing is, CRT isn't all about the teaching of slavery in the South or the history of slavery.  Its about teaching a subjective interpretation that theorizes that White People are inherently evil as evidenced by slavery.  And that Blacks, once being enslaved in the US, are permanent members of the oppressed and victim class of people and that carries forward in its original form today.  

But the enslavement of Black Africans didn't start when White Europeans reached West Africa.  The enterprise of slavery existed for about 800 years before they arrived.  An enterprise managed by Arab slave traders and African kingdoms and tribes that captured and sold their fellow black Africans from competing tribes and kingdoms into slavery.  When the Europeans arrived in West Africa it signaled the opening of a new market for the slave trade which was already established. 

I'm all for teaching history but I suspect CRT advocates joyfully and selectively teaching racism and the evils of White people won't touch or discuss the subject of the complicity of Blacks in the enslavement of people of their own race and the moral and ethical questions surrounding that involvement.  Such an examination might lead to an objective conclusion that Blacks, and the Arab slavers, are no more or less moral or ethical than Whites when it comes to slavery.  And the idea that White people have a monopoly on racism and slavery is a completely false and intentionally inaccurate "history". 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The thing is, CRT isn't all about the teaching of slavery in the South or the history of slavery. 

Its about teaching a subjective interpretation that theorizes that White People are inherently evil as evidenced by slavery.  And that Blacks, once being enslaved in the US, are permanent members of the oppressed and victim class of people and that carries forward in its original form today.  

AND, that theme is utilized THROUGHOUT your children's classes, NOT just history.

That is why the opposition to CRT is shown from ALL races and ALL cultures.

We want our kids to be taught without the bias of liberal racism.

Edited by B-Man
  • Thank you (+1) 1