Critical Race Theory

A BLOW FOR CRITICAL RACE THEORY INDOCTRINATION: 

Assignments Aimed at “Requiring a Statement” of Ideological Belief from Students May Violate First Amendment.

https://reason.com/volokh/2021/06/30/assignments-aimed-at-requiring-a-statement-of-ideological-belief-from-students-may-violate-first-amendment/

So holds a Fifth Circuit panel (by a 2-to-1 vote), in an assignment requiring the writing of the Pledge of Allegiance, but the same argument would apply, I think, to compelled statements of other ideologies, whether related to patriotism, race, sex, sexual orientation, or anything else.

One trick pony does its one trick: CRT critics are all racists

Today Politico published a piece written by an actual Critical Race Theorist. Gary Peller is a professor of constitutional law at Georgetown University and his piece is meant as pushback against the critics of CRT. Even if you hadn’t read my headline you could probably have guessed where this will end. If you guessed that critics of CRT are just racists, come collect your winnings.

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/06/30/one-trick-pony-does-its-one-trick-crt-critics-are-all-racists-n399791

44 minutes ago, John Adams said:

4 B-man posts in a row here with no replies.

GIVE HIM THE ATTENTION HE IS SO DESPERATE FOR PEOPLE! 

He's just linking things to help us all out with more info. 

Weather people agree or disagree. He's doing nothing wrong.  There is not attention in his post sounds like you care way too much? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

He's just linking things to help us all out with more info. 

Weather people agree or disagree. He's doing nothing wrong.  There is not attention in his post sounds like you care way too much? 

What’s your opinion of critical race theory? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Feel in some ways good and bad some ways. But I do think Martin Luther King ways in treating people. He's a hero to me.  Always help out people don't ever judge them by there skin. Just who they are and be friends with everyone.  Treat everyone as friends. My mother and I help out all kinds of people to stores or even help them with anything.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

As long as the right continues to articulate what exactly this is, people will side with them.

Just calling it Critical Race Theory with zero context means nothing to the laymen.  

That's why Obama and his leftist low info enablers can play stupid and claim this all just some silly right wing conspiracy it just doesn't exist.

There is no handbook passed around the schools (a few in Portland and soon Buffalo sure) that says "Critical Race Theory 101."

It's embedded in your kid's Common Core (already a disaster) curriculum gone woke.  You need to see all their assignments and call them out.  Post them on your social media platform of choice and make sure you flip it back in their face - because they're just going to allege you are a racist bigot that doesn't want to teach or learn about Jim Crow South or the parade of horribles that have happened in this country against Blacks.  

This is a lie.  That is taught in every history class in America.  Tell them they should be.  That the Democrats fought to keep slavery and then segregated America.  This happened.  

And just teaching about said parade of horribles without proper context, only "this country is racist see we told you so" is not how you history, it's divisive, it does not allow critical thought, and even tho I believe the number is small it is designed to create just enough lunatics to pass the torch to the next generation of communists that hate America and figure out who's statues need to come down next.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

As long as the right continues to articulate what exactly this is, people will side with them.

Just calling it Critical Race Theory with zero context means nothing to the laymen.  

That's why Obama and his leftist low info enablers can play stupid and claim this all just some silly right wing conspiracy it just doesn't exist.

There is no handbook passed around the schools (a few in Portland and soon Buffalo sure) that says "Critical Race Theory 101."

It's embedded in your kid's Common Core (already a disaster) curriculum gone woke.  You need to see all their assignments and call them out.  Post them on your social media platform of choice and make sure you flip it back in their face - because they're just going to allege you are a racist bigot that doesn't want to teach or learn about Jim Crow South or the parade of horribles that have happened in this country against Blacks.  

This is a lie.  That is taught in every history class in America.  Tell them they should be.  That the Democrats fought to keep slavery and then segregated America.  This happened.  

And just teaching about said parade of horribles without proper context, only "this country is racist see we told you so" is not how you history, it's divisive, it does not allow critical thought, and even tho I believe the number is small it is designed to create just enough lunatics to pass the torch to the next generation of communists that hate America and figure out who's statues need to come down next.   

What’s the context around Jim Crow? What are you talking about? 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

I don't think his MO is to get replies but to throw out information.  

Disinformation 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Have you learned anything about it yet or are you remaining to be ignorant? 

Disinformation 

Grow up.  Information is all around us.  It's our job to take that information with as big a grain of salt that we want.  It's what critical thinking people do.  I can understand why that doesn't make sense to you. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Have you learned anything about it yet or are you remaining to be ignorant? 

Grow up.  Information is all around us.  It's our job to take that information with as big a grain of salt that we want.  It's what critical thinking people do.  I can understand why that doesn't make sense to you. 

Bull sh it, he’s posted outright lies and all sorts of garbage. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Aren't lies information too? 

Spoken like a true Trump supporter! 

Yes, to you guys they are the maiden’s milk, no doubt. I suppose they are even more important than the truth for Trumps Cult 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Spoken like a true Trump supporter! 

Yes, to you guys they are the maiden’s milk, no doubt. I suppose they are even more important than the truth for Trumps Cult 

I see.   So using critical thinking and taking all the information gathered on a specific topic with a grain of salt to determine it's veracity and to form my own opinion is what you consider a Trump supporter?  Thank you for clarifying that.  

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What’s the context around Jim Crow? What are you talking about? 

Disinformation 

I'm hearing from people on the other side of the aisle that claim CRT is fake, that in states that are passing bills to eliminate it, they are also somehow not teaching about Jim Crow South and slavery.  

Now I can tell you having grown up and went to school in NY and now living here in Virginia for 20 years, it is embarrassing how much more attention the South gives the Civil War, Reconstruction, Jim Crow South, and Segregation vs what the Northern Schools do.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm hearing from people on the other side of the aisle that claim CRT is fake, that in states that are passing bills to eliminate it, they are also somehow not teaching about Jim Crow South and slavery.  

Now I can tell you having grown up and went to school in NY and now living here in Virginia for 20 years, it is embarrassing how much more attention the South gives the Civil War, Reconstruction, Jim Crow South, and Segregation vs what the Northern Schools do.  

And, again, what sort of “proper context” should be given to Jim Crow when it’s being taught? 

It was vicious racism deeply institutionalized into every aspect of society, right? It’s almost like a critical racial theory was applied to the laws and traditions of the country, right? 

Am I wrong? 

And, again, what sort of “proper context” should be given to Jim Crow when it’s being taught? 

It was vicious racism deeply institutionalized into every aspect of society, right? It’s almost like a critical racial theory was applied to the laws and traditions of the country, right? 

Am I wrong? 

You're wrong because all of our countries wrongs are taught to our children

Critical race theory is wrong because it pushes the division of Americans.. making minorities the victim and white people the oppressors

When today in America every single person can achieve whatever they want if they work hard enough.. problem is most people don't want to work hard enough

But there's a reason why people from Latino countries Asian countries African countries and the Middle East all flock to America... Because this is the freest country on Earth

And every single one of our children are taught about segregation, and Jim Crow and slavery, and Martin Luther King, and Tuskegee airmen... Maybe some just don't pay attention

The Democrats also started the KKK while the Republicans freed the slaves and sent millions of men ready to die to free them 

CRT is stupid because it isn't about education... We're already educated on our country's dark past... Way more than most countries are on their dark pasts... Remember we're the first country in the world that decided to free slaves... That counts for a lot

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Am I wrong? 

Why did Southern Democrats start passing "Black Codes" laws post Civil War?

Why did Reconstruction fail?

Why were Jim Crow laws passed and why did they become Constitutional?  

For a racist country being racist why were these laws eventually overturned and declared Unconstitutional?  

How was that even possible?

That is why none of our K-12 education should come from a position of hate and anger but hope and optimism about American greatness.  Which does not exclude the contributions and significance of Black Americans - who are not victims of a racially institutionalized system.  Save the hate criticism and grievances for college.  No country on Earth teaches its kids "we suck."  Absolutely ludicrous.  And it's false.  

Blacks triumphed in the face of an originally racist system and then used a combination of the fundamentals of the Constitution/legal system and great Americans of all colors and genders for it to happen.  Oh especially the ones that died to save it.  

So rather then carry on forward as one great unified nation now almost 60 years after the Civil Rights Act, the election of a Black President  - twice with over 50% of the vote - to push CRT should be insulting to every single American because it is Un American and serves only to divide and deny that this country is inherently good and always has been.    

The logical conclusion of this nonsense is giving all land back to Native Americans; legit the only people in this country that should be complaining about inherent discrimination.  

You know what's made this stupid climate in this era of peak stupid possible?  So we were making all kinds of progress coexisting marginalizing racism and racists to small insignificant corners of the country like Hollywood or San Francisco.  But then we get these smart phones.  And social media.  

And now for the last 15 years every loser in America that has been "micro-aggressed" by the site of the Confederate Flag on the Dukes of Hazard or that they notice there aren't enough Blacks, women, or LGBTQ on this show or in this job, or that a guy with the last name "Lee" cannot call a football game in Charlottesville for ESPN, they get to hash tag about it and Twitter fake trends it because yea that's all we want to talk about.  We eat this crap up.  The "news" follows social media's lead and they talk about it.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

You know what's made this stupid climate in this era of peak stupid possible?  So we were making all kinds of progress coexisting marginalizing racism and racists to small insignificant corners of the country like Hollywood or San Francisco.  But then we get these smart phones.  And social media.  

And now for the last 15 years every loser in America that has been "micro-aggressed" by the site of the Confederate Flag on the Dukes of Hazard or that they notice there aren't enough Blacks, women, or LGBTQ on this show or in this job, or that a guy with the last name "Lee" cannot call a football game in Charlottesville for ESPN, they get to hash tag about it and Twitter fake trends it because yea that's all we want to talk about.  We eat this crap up.  The "news" follows social media's lead and they talk about it.  

Amen my Bills brother.

Social media is the driving force behind a lot of our division IMHO.  Tweets are driving the conversation.  But in 140 characters, there is no room for nuance or clarification.  People read it and run with it without waiting for the rest of the story to come out. I see it in my own house since my spouse is a big social media person.  She like so many others believed the Covington kids were harassing the Indian dude. Michael Brown was shot in the back running away saying hands up don't shoot.  The Steele Dossier was true.  They believe it and act on it without even thinking about it. That's why Portland had to put out a tweet saying don't freak out, we shot a white dude.  (Tweets were already out organizing a protest because the police allegedly shot a black dude.)

In the pre social media days if a person a news junkie/political hound, they would read the newspaper, read Time magazine and watch the nightly news on TV which still left a huge chunk of the day for other stuff. Those not interested didn't pay attention.  Now, everyone on social media gets bombarded with politics 24/7.  But they don't have near as much information as pre social media news hounds.  Throw in that social media is slanted and spoon fed to you stuff they think you will like.  Its just a huge disinformation infrastructure.

Social media is the best population control device ever invented so far.  And it is working well.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1