Critical Race Theory

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Critical Race Theory opponents have never given a single indication that their goal is to whitewash racially motivated crimes.

Their goal is to ensure that their children don’t grow up in a world that tells them they’re irredeemable unless they hate themselves.

The prosecution did not even attempt to suggest Chauvin had racial motive for killing Floyd, but rather was a heartless egomaniac. 

It also just struck me just know the irony of his last name.  ‘Chauvin’ism  

Also, did anyone in the world know the allegedly white supremacist cop had an Asian wife?? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Critical Race Theory opponents have never given a single indication that their goal is to whitewash racially motivated crimes.

Their goal is to ensure that their children don’t grow up in a world that tells them they’re irredeemable unless they hate themselves.

Is that what “Blowhard esq” told you? Such a reputable source.

When are you going to show us how CRT will be applied in a specific historical reference? Like the Tulsa Massacre? 

With all your in-depth knowledge from the likes of Blowhard Esq - I can’t figure out why you keep dodging this?

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I can’t figure out ?

No one buys your source complaint silliness anymore

TEACHING: 

“Over the past few years, the school has embraced an ideology that is damaging to our students’ intellectual and emotional growth and destroying any chance at creating a true community among our diverse population.”

https://www.joannejacobs.com/2021/06/i-reject-our-schools-culture-of-conformity-and-fear/

Edited by B-Man

On 6/13/2021 at 8:00 AM, BillStime said:

Another white flag from Sedition Jim.

You *know* so much about CRT and how it’s taught - how it MAKES kids feel shame - but you can’t share how.  

Sad Jim - take your pea brain back to your safe place - Ann will comfort your FEELINGs.

You can't read to the point you have no idea what my position is on this.  Either slow down, read what people are saying and think for a minute.  

On 6/13/2021 at 9:24 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Oh I’m paying attention Chef Jack!  Maybe it’s YOU who isn’t!  

I don't think you're paying any attention mar-shall-tuck-er

On 6/13/2021 at 9:57 AM, BillStime said:

@Chef Jim and @B-Man - proclaimed experts of CRT - can’t even address a simple question that goes to heart of their argument. They cannot differentiate how our history is taught using CRT and not.

It's not how our history is taught using CRT.  It's how CRT could (and very likely) will be used to shape our future.  I'm sorry you don't understand that.  

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You can't read to the point you have no idea what my position is on this.  Either slow down, read what people are saying and think for a minute.  

I don't think you're paying any attention mar-shall-tuck-er

It's not how our history is taught using CRT.  It's how CRT could (and very likely) will be used to shape our future.  I'm sorry you don't understand that.  

The goal posts keeping changing...lol

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

How is Critical race theory marxist? 

Here's a better question for you. Why do you feel CRT is the end all and be all for teaching race relations in this country?  Why are you so in love with this theory?  You seem to be all wound up with it being the gold standard for teaching race in this country.  Why is that?  I'd love to hear your take on it.  

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The goal posts keeping changing...lol

How?  

So let get this straight. White kids must be taught about the Tulsa Massacre, an event from a hundred years ago that they’ve never even heard of, so therefore couldn’t possibly impact the way they view ANYTHING in their world ...because unless they do hear about it now they won’t know how racist they are today? Is that it? 😂😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Here's a better question for you. Why do you feel CRT is the end all and be all for teaching race relations in this country?  Why are you so in love with this theory?  You seem to be all wound up with it being the gold standard for teaching race in this country.  Why is that?  I'd love to hear your take on it.  

He's a commie.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So let get this straight. White kids must be taught about the Tulsa Massacre, an event from a hundred years ago that they’ve never even heard of, so therefore couldn’t possibly impact the way they view ANYTHING in their world ...because unless they do hear about it now they won’t know how racist they are today? Is that it? 😂😂😂😂

We don't need CRT to teach history. Just include in history class.  History is not a theory.  CRT is.  

They must be taught in a way that says the massacre is a BIG reason POC struggle today as opposed to it being a reason they struggled a couple generations ago. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He's asking why the goalposts keep moving when we're playing baseball.  That's how confused he is. 

Now we have to be careful about our history because CRT could (and very likely) will be used to shape our future. 

How? How so? If you're concerned about our future - how would you teach what happened in Tulsa to our students today?

I know it is a very challenging question for you, @B-Man and @SoCal Deek - but educate us... Explain to us how this theory has an impact on our future?  Shouldn't we teach our past so we learn from it - not make the same mistakes?

You guys are turning yourselves into pretzels over this - it's sad.

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Now we have to be careful about our history because CRT could (and very likely) will be used to shape our future. 

How? How so? If you're concerned about our future - how would you teach what happened in Tulsa to our students today?

I know it is a very challenging question for you, @B-Man and @SoCal Deek - but educate us... Explain to us how this theory has an impact on our future?  Shouldn't we teach our past so we learn from it - not make the same mistakes?

You guys are turning yourselves into pretzels over this - it's sad.

History isn’t about teaching race ‘theories’. This sounds like something that belongs, if anywhere, in a college sociology class.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

History isn’t about teaching race ‘theories’. This sounds like something that belongs, if anywhere, in a college sociology class.

Was anyone on this board that graduated from any school in the last 50 years taught that slavery was not a bad stain on American history? 

Did anyone here not receive an education that dug deeply into the abolishment of slavery and desegregation as critical positive and correct evolutions to American society??    

Was anyone here not taught that MLK was a great American figure in history and civil right movements in the 60s were an important advancement in American history? 

the useful idiots need to stop believing the positions above, very standardized and mainstream to American primary school educations have anything to do with people’s dislike for CRT. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It belongs in the dustbin of history.

31 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Was anyone on this board that graduated from any school in the last 50 years taught that slavery was not a bad stain on American history? 

Did anyone here not receive an education that dug deeply into the abolishment of slavery and desegregation as critical positive and correct evolutions to American society??    

Was anyone here not taught that MLK was a great American figure in history and civil right movements in the 60s were an important advancement in American history? 

the useful idiots need to stop believing the positions above, very standardized and mainstream to American primary school educations have anything to do with people’s dislike for CRT. 

So - why do they dislike CRT?  Because their child may feel bad about their history?

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So - why do they dislike CRT?  Because their child may feel bad about their history?

No.

Perhaps if you would listen to the videos of the parents  you might know.

or actually read the articles about it.....................oh who am I kidding.

Critical Race theory is the attempt to radically change how education is done here in the U.S., NOT just add to history.

That can be done without "assigning" blame to groups.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

No.

Perhaps if you would listen to the videos of the parents  you might know.

or actually read the articles about it.....................oh who am I kidding.

Critical Race theory is the attempt to radically change how education is done here in the U.S., NOT just add to history.

That can be done without "assigning" blame to groups.

So we have to sugarcoat it?