The foundation under Dr. Fauci is starting to crack...

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I like the fact that you are picking my usage of the word few instead of recognizing the facts that would indicate to any logical person the lab was the source. We have an article warning of it happening from 2 years prior. The lab was working on gain of function of a SARs virus.  Those in power choose to call the lab leak a "conspiracy theory" when there was literally zero evidence other than the word of the Chinese government who promptly destroyed the market place. I won't argue any further with you because the lack of evidence either way should point to the lab because the Chinese government is known for lying, while if it was natural we could recreate the events, which we can not. Your trust in Fauci is fascinating to me but not worth more time.

MAGA's seem to always know better...just because. Or "it's obvious" or" I researched it" often with little to no science background.  And then label a large group of recognized experts experts illogical.  All because they don't agree with them.  Fauci is a hero of mine.  He was an editor for the Infectious disease text I studied which remains the bible of ID.  He is nearly universally respected and admired in the medical and scientific communities.  Before Covid, most hadn't heard of him except perhaps  for his work with AIDS, when he did clinical work around patients with an incurable and fatal disease.  What would his motivation be to lie to us all?  To make the pandemic even worse?  btw, ID is one of the lowest paying medical specialties.   This is not a selfish or greedy man.  He's in his 80's, almost certainly financially stable.  I'd guess his prime motivation is his family, followed by his legacy.  I just hate that they've been hurt and it's been sullied by people that really don't know what they're talking about.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

It took 14 years to trace SARS-1 back to bats.  It could take that long with SARS-2.  The source of many outbreaks of Ebola are never solved.

What is your tie to ID, microbiology or virology?  Way more knowledge here than usual.

30 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

MAGA's seem to always know better...just because. Or "it's obvious" or" I researched it" often with little to no science background.  And then label a large group of recognized experts experts illogical.  All because they don't agree with them.  Fauci is a hero of mine.  He was an editor for the Infectious disease text I studied which remains the bible of ID.  He is nearly universally respected and admired in the medical and scientific communities.  Before Covid, most hadn't heard of him except perhaps  for his work with AIDS, when he did clinical work around patients with an incurable and fatal disease.  What would his motivation be to lie to us all?  To make the pandemic even worse?  btw, ID is one of the lowest paying medical specialties.   This is not a selfish or greedy man.  He's in his 80's, almost certainly financially stable.  I'd guess his prime motivation is his family, followed by his legacy.  I just hate that they've been hurt and it's been sullied by people that really don't know what they're talking about.

What is your tie to ID, microbiology or virology?  Way more knowledge here than usual.

Why would this saintly man, your hero, and his cohorts have interest in quickly shutting down discussion of a potential lab leak? What was to be gained by doing so? He certainly had a reason. Hero worshipers like yourself are unwilling to offer any thought at all. Very strange. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

Why would this saintly man, your hero, and his cohorts have interest in quickly shutting down discussion of a potential lab leak? What was to be gained by doing so? He certainly had a reason. Hero worshipers like yourself are unwilling to offer any thought at all. Very strange. 

Because he doesn’t believe the origin was the lab. He could be wrong. But so far no one has proven him wrong. If he is found to be wrong, so be it. Many people we’re wrong about many things about the novel virus. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Because he doesn’t believe the origin was the lab. He could be wrong. But so far no one has proven him wrong. If he is found to be wrong, so be it. Many people we’re wrong about many things about the novel virus. 

Take a PPP break.  Go post a song.  It's the weekend!

8 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

That doesn’t explain immediately trying to shut it down and have lab leak possibilities referred to as conspiracy theories that were debunked and people speaking of them labeled as racist. Doesn’t seem like the way that science is supposed to work. 

On 6/22/2024 at 10:51 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

omg...had you actually attended medical school you would have been taught and understood this concept early on.  it's really not difficult....i'm saying that we still don't definitively know.

So your med school taught you to just ignore common sense and look for zebras first? Would explain a lot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

On 6/22/2024 at 11:58 PM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

And here is why you are not worth discussing anything with- Fauci called the lab leak a conspiracy theory and dangerous. He knew at the time it was a lie to call in a conspiracy theory, especially since he was one of the few people who knew we were funding the very research there. Please tell me the motivation to label it a conspiracy theory that makes him honest?

2 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

And here is why you are not worth discussing anything with- Fauci called the lab leak a conspiracy theory and dangerous. He knew at the time it was a lie to call in a conspiracy theory, especially since he was one of the few people who knew we were funding the very research there. Please tell me the motivation to label it a conspiracy theory that makes him honest?

Even this slanted piece https://nypost.com/2024/06/20/us-news/dr-anthony-fauci-writes-covid-19-lab-leak-is-a-conspiracy-theory-in-memoir-but-told-congress-it-wasnt/ contains a link to a podcast with Gingrich about 2 weeks into finding out about the virus.  While using the word "conspiracy", he also states that it's "not impossible" for the virus to have leaked from the lab but that the sequencing suggests otherwise.  It's a great interview and shows the prescience of Dr Fauci early in the pandemic.  Listen to it.  When asked about the lab leak theory in the June 24 congressional meeting Fauci explained that the lab leak concept was not a conspiracy but he felt the surrounding allegations were.

Why is it you MAGAs are so ready to dismiss trumpisms like "very fine people" and using bleach for covid but not willing to look at context from this distinguished scientist?

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Even this slanted piece https://nypost.com/2024/06/20/us-news/dr-anthony-fauci-writes-covid-19-lab-leak-is-a-conspiracy-theory-in-memoir-but-told-congress-it-wasnt/ contains a link to a podcast with Gingrich about 2 weeks into finding out about the virus.  While using the word "conspiracy", he also states that it's "not impossible" for the virus to have leaked from the lab but that the sequencing suggests otherwise.  It's a great interview and shows the prescience of Dr Fauci early in the pandemic.  Listen to it.  When asked about the lab leak theory in the June 24 congressional meeting Fauci explained that the lab leak concept was not a conspiracy but he felt the surrounding allegations were.

Why is it you MAGAs are so ready to dismiss trumpisms like "very fine people" and using bleach for covid but not willing to look at context from this distinguished scientist?

Holy ***** man, how many times does it need to be said, he never called them very fine people.  I swear you leftys are totally broken.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Holy ***** man, how many times does it need to be said, he never called them very fine people.  I swear you leftys are totally broken.

thanks for making my point.  like trump, u seem to believe that if you say it often enough it becomes truth.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

thanks for making my point.  like trump, u seem to believe that if you say it often enough it becomes truth.

Keep holding on to your lies, signs of a broken person.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Your turn........did Trump call those people " very fine people"?

yes he did.  there's a 20 page thread that we both posted in.  Review it....oh, and now he's promising to pardon them and plays music by their chorus - not exactly a condemnation.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

yes he did.  there's a 20 page thread that we both posted in.  Review it....oh, and now he's promising to pardon them and plays music by their chorus - not exactly a condemnation.

Yeah, you're a joke.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1