The foundation under Dr. Fauci is starting to crack...

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Democrats are Big Pharma now.

No questions asked.  

This is remarkable.  

It’s our best evidence yet they totally regret what they supported in 2020-21 and are completely guilt ridden today no matter what they tell you.  

They are now big pharma.  Big corporation.  And pro military industrial complex.  

Stunning.  

DEMS are big Corporation. Every sector.

and their parrots always follow the corporate line. ALWAYS.

• Agree 1

On 6/8/2024 at 8:28 AM, Orlando Buffalo said:

Facts we know about Fauci:

1) he knew that the virus came from the lab but lied about it 

2) he knew we paid for the research but did not admit it until Rand Paul called him out.

3) he promoted the masks even though he knew it had no scientific backing 

4) he profited from the situation through the NIH.

I can not state for certain his reasons for these things but these are all factual statements which basically can summed up to point out that he had one real job, he did it poorly,  he lied about it and then he profited off of his poor job. 

@Joe Ferguson forever you disagree with something I wrote?

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Fauci on the book publicity tour. A fine man and a fine public servant. We should be thankful for his service.

I don't think I've read a funnier line on this forum ever. I tip my hat to you Frankish, the sarcasm, the delivery, both spot on. Very fine work.

1 minute ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

@Joe Ferguson forever you disagree with something I wrote?

uh huh.  He didn't know that the virus originated in a lab.  He said in the hearing that it isn't clear.  The majority of gov't agencies believe the natural mutation route is more probable.  He was on salary at NIH.  How did he profit?  His book was published after he retired.  Mask studies weren't available but droplet transmission was widely felt to be present and masks had been proven effective for this type of transmission.  The amount of money that NIH granted China was minuscule and vastly i9nadequate to fund research to develop a novel virus.  Watch his testimony before congress recently.  All of this is addressed.  I have no reason to believe he was lying.  Now his opponents...

14 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

DEMS are big Corporation. Every sector.

and their parrots always follow the corporate line. ALWAYS.

Yes, we are now the conservatives.  Most of us are at least moderately content with how things are but see room for improvement.  MAGA's want drastic change and are largely not content...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

uh huh.  He didn't know that the virus originated in a lab.  He said in the hearing that it isn't clear.  The majority of gov't agencies believe the natural mutation route is more probable.  He was on salary at NIH.  How did he profit?  His book was published after he retired.  Mask studies weren't available but droplet transmission was widely felt to be present and masks had been proven effective for this type of transmission.  The amount of money that NIH granted China was minuscule and vastly i9nadequate to fund research to develop a novel virus.  Watch his testimony before congress recently.  All of this is addressed.  I have no reason to believe he was lying.  Now his opponents...

The things that he "lied" about are things like overstating the likely value of mask-wearing. This can be seen as advice to the country that there is something you can do to try to slow the spread rather than cowering in fear at home alone. Really not different than Trump admitting to Woodward that his early overly optimistic proclamations were intended to stop a panic from happening. In retrospect, neither one was a good decision. Although it does appear that people generally did not panic, but rather kept calm and carried on. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The things that he "lied" about are things like overstating the likely value of mask-wearing. This can be seen as advice to the country that there is something you can do to try to slow the spread rather than cowering in fear at home alone. Really not different than Trump admitting to Woodward that his early overly optimistic proclamations were intended to stop a panic from happening. In retrospect, neither one was a good decision. Although it does appear that people generally did not panic, but rather kept calm and carried on. 

It seems as though you believe the good doctor was truthful in all his congressional testimony regarding wuhan lad/gain of function research and funding. Do I have that correct?

59 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes, we are now the conservatives.  Most of us are at least moderately content with how things are but see room for improvement.  MAGA's want drastic change and are largely not content...

You can’t redefine the current dynamic like it’s a woman.  

Change lol.  Yea from the chaos libs have created.  

You're conservative lol.  Yea you’d like it to remain the upside down. 

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

I don't think I've read a funnier line on this forum ever. I tip my hat to you Frankish, the sarcasm, the delivery, both spot on. Very fine work.

Sadly, as I'm sure you know, he was serious😒

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Sadly, as I'm sure you know, he was serious😒

That makes it even funnier. Fauci should be drawn and quartered IMO.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, wnyguy said:

That makes it even funnier. Fauci should be drawn and quartered IMO.

But the J6 chorus should be pardoned. Talk about upside down. What a mess. 

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

You can’t redefine the current dynamic like it’s a woman.  

Change lol.  Yea from the chaos libs have created.  

You're conservative lol.  Yea you’d like it to remain the upside down. 

I have no desire for drastic change. MAGAs generally do.   The chaos I see in American society right now mostly is initiated by MAGAs

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

But the J6 chorus should be pardoned. Talk about upside down. What a mess. 

I have no desire for drastic change. MAGAs generally do. 

You can't quote Irv without permission, what a mess!

• Haha (+1) 1

Mask effectiveness is not settled science. The Cochran review often given as definitive proof against masks is not accepted as such among many scientists/clinicians

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10484132/

“The Cochrane review mentioned many of its own limitations and weaknesses, particularly with regard to face masks and its limited number of robust studies; it, therefore, cautioned against drawing any strong conclusions. Given the strong opinions expressed about the study, Cochrane further clarified that their review should not be used as evidence against mask efficacy per se, noting that the data were not definitive and that masks might be effective at preventing respiratory virus infection.8”

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Mask effectiveness is not settled science.

Thanks for straightening this out for everyone. I’ve been struggling with the whole mask deal for a while now. I blame this:

6 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

hmmm.. a bit overstated but maybe what you perceive is because so many of us were Republicans.  The real ones...

This is true…

There is a “big switch” happening now…

The Dems, who used to be for the working class, unions, and civil liberties is now represented by more Republicans…

However, there are still far too many Republicans, for my taste, who are globalists and Big Corp…

We are also seeing minorities starting to switch parties as well…very interesting what’s happening…One for the history books…👍

7 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You still believe the source of the virus was not the lab doing research on SARs in Wuhan which had previously been cited for poor security conditions, but you believe it came from the market despite there being no shown pathway from Bats to humans? Seriously you are gullible. 

11 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

You still believe the source of the virus was not the lab doing research on SARs in Wuhan which had previously been cited for poor security conditions, but you believe it came from the market despite there being no shown pathway from Bats to humans? Seriously you are gullible. 

4 out of 6 US intelligence committees must also be gullible then,  I agree with Dr Fauci- this is Jason Bourne, CIA conspiracy shite.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fauci-denies-suppressing-covid-lab-leak-theory-before-us-house-panel-2024-06-03/

"I've also been very, very clear, and said multiple times, that I don’t think the concept of there being a lab (leak) is inherently a conspiracy theory," he said.

"What is conspiracy is the kind of distortions of that particular subject, like it was a lab leak, and I was parachuted into the CIA like Jason Bourne and told the CIA that they should really not be talking about a lab leak," he told a U.S. House of Representatives panel.

19 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I don't think there is conclusive evidence one way or the other.  There is no smoking gun evidence for the lab leak theory.

Here is a study supporting the market theory but it is certainly not conclusive.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-new-evidence-from-the-wuhan-market-tells-us-about-covids-origins1/

Even if you believe the lab leak theory, you should still be concerned about potential zoonotic jumps of viruses.  How do you think every other pandemic in history was caused when the vast, vast majority of that time we didn't even know about viruses let alone experiment with them?

11 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

4 out of 6 US intelligence committees must also be gullible then,  I agree with Dr Fauci- this is Jason Bourne, CIA conspiracy shite.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fauci-denies-suppressing-covid-lab-leak-theory-before-us-house-panel-2024-06-03/

"I've also been very, very clear, and said multiple times, that I don’t think the concept of there being a lab (leak) is inherently a conspiracy theory," he said.

"What is conspiracy is the kind of distortions of that particular subject, like it was a lab leak, and I was parachuted into the CIA like Jason Bourne and told the CIA that they should really not be talking about a lab leak," he told a U.S. House of Representatives panel.

When did anyone insinuate he parachuted into the CIA? He knew they were running SARs test in Wuhan and still played up the wet market without mentioning the lab. If you can show me one person, even Alex Jones, who insinuated he parachuted in to the CIA I will stop believing you are gullible. As for the 4 of 6 agencies, can you show me there thoughts recently? 

2 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

When did anyone insinuate he parachuted into the CIA? He knew they were running SARs test in Wuhan and still played up the wet market without mentioning the lab. If you can show me one person, even Alex Jones, who insinuated he parachuted in to the CIA I will stop believing you are gullible. As for the 4 of 6 agencies, can you show me there thoughts recently? 

The part Redhawk likes to leave out in his 4 of 6 agencies routine is they declared their beliefs specifically as being “low confidence”.