The foundation under Dr. Fauci is starting to crack...

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s interesting to me, given the totality of the events leading up to and post-COVID, how little people care about the facts. 

What seems to be established is that our government was partnering with a nation often hostile to our interests, experimenting with dangerous viruses, that it’s highly likely security/process was lax and that the virus was allowed to escape.  

It seems obvious thereafter there was substantial overreach, with recommendations and requirements that were untested and/or unlawful, and confusion about who should do what, where, when and why.  

Meanwhile, several years later, the full story has not been told.  We did find that generally speaking, people will acquiesce as Fauci indicated. 

It's interesting to me that so many so-called smart people continue to push back on the idea that it came from the lab.  I mean, is it just because Trump said it?  Is it a desire to shield Fauci?  Sympathy for China?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It's interesting to me that so many so-called smart people continue to push back on the idea that it came from the lab.  I mean, is it just because Trump said it?  Is it a desire to shield Fauci?  Sympathy for China?

Damn pangolins

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I’m afraid we have learned nothing! 

only half of us.  the usual suspects...studies  are wasted on them.  They neither understand nor appreciate the process and have no inkling of the work and intellect behind it.  How would they?  

It's not in their wheelhouse.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

sure.  4 of 6 federal agencies believe it mutated from an animal source.  Most microbiologists and ID docs also do.  But they're all part of a conspiracy.  You really should get some drugs to stop the hallucinations...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

4 of 6 federal agencies believe it mutated from an animal source.

Why do you leave out the “with low confidence” part? 

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Most microbiologists and ID docs also do

“Most”. Got data?

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

sure.  4 of 6 federal agencies believe it mutated from an animal source.  Most microbiologists and ID docs also do.  But they're all part of a conspiracy.  You really should get some drugs to stop the hallucinations...

And yet they haven't even come close to being able to locate the "animal source" despite it coming up on 5 years since the outbreak.  Meanwhile there's a lab in the same city genetically altering the virus.  It's a mystery!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

is there a virology lab in Mexico?  https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/06/mexico-man-dies-from-first-human-case-of-bird-flu-strain-h5n2.  what da ya think "Doc'?  HCQ or Ivermectin?  Bleach?  We should definitely have you on the mitigation committee.

Please make sure you get the Bird Flu Vax/shot!!  Looks like Moderna is the way to go.  You're welcome! 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, phypon said:

Please make sure you get the Bird Flu Vax/shot!!  Looks like Moderna is the way to go.  You're welcome! 

please volunteer for infection with the v virus.  Why should dogs suffer?  It's amazing that a bunch of dolts with no or minimal formal training become experts by osmosis or, better yet, thru twitter and moronic far right bloggers.  "Do your own research" dude.  Education is overrated...

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

please volunteer for infection with the v virus.  Why should dogs suffer?

You're not going to get the bird flu vax?

See how science works?  sometimes it takes 10 years or much longer to get an answer

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4025352/  (yeah, i know.  wasted time but hope springs eternal)

That article focuses on H5N2, not H5N1.  

You didn't answer, are you going to get the bird flu vaccine?  Or are you saying that sometimes it takes you 10 years or longer to answer?

H5N1 vaccine could be ready in weeks, article from May 1, 2024.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/two-possible-bird-flu-vaccines-available-weeks-needed-rcna149961

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, phypon said:

That article focuses on H5N2, not H5N1.  

You didn't answer, are you going to get the bird flu vaccine?  Or are you saying that sometimes it takes you 10 years or longer to answer?

H5N1 vaccine could be ready in weeks, article from May 1, 2024.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/two-possible-bird-flu-vaccines-available-weeks-needed-rcna149961

I will get it if and when a consensus of experts recommend it.  You know, people who know what they're talking about.  Listening to you guys would be analogous to a kid that sucked in football in high school, gave it up because he knew he sucked  and then putting him on an NFL roster just because..

The first human infection with H5N2 was announced recently.  sometimes repetition helps the slow to learn faster:  https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/06/mexico-man-dies-from-first-human-case-of-bird-flu-strain-h5n2.  I was waiting for a few more thumbs up on your post.  B man obliged.

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I will get it if and when a consensus of experts recommend it.  You know, people who know what they're talking about.  Listening to you guys would be analogous to a kid that sucked in football in high school, gave it up because he knew he sucked  and then putting him on an NFL roster just because..

Not sure what the hell you are talking about after your second sentence, but as long as it made sense to you.

The RSV vaccine is recommended.  I recommend you get that one too.  Also, look into the ebola vaccine.  And get another covid booster please.  Do. Your. Part!

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, phypon said:

Not sure what the hell you are talking about after your second sentence, but as long as it made sense to you.

The RSV vaccine is recommended.  I recommend you get that one too.  Also, look into the ebola vaccine.  And get another covid booster please.  Do. Your. Part!

As i said, repetition helps stupid people sometimes.  The paper I've linked twice, dealt with the first  documented  human infection with h5n2  You insisted , incorrectly, that it was h5n1.  It's pretty straightforward when you stop being disingenuous.  But that's just your nature, I suppose.  Just like folks who lie about their credentials to buttress their weak arguments...

16 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The first human infection with H5N2 was announced recently.  sometimes repetition helps the slow to learn faster:  https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/06/mexico-man-dies-from-first-human-case-of-bird-flu-strain-h5n2.  I was waiting for a few more thumbs up on your post.  B man obliged.

I wouldn't waste key strokes.  This guy's probably an Alex Jones acolyte who thinks the vaccine is killing thousands.   He's lost in the misinformation sphere and probably knows nothing else.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I wouldn't waste key strokes.  This guy's probably an Alex Jones acolyte who thinks the vaccine is killing thousands.   He's lost in the misinformation sphere and probably knows nothing else.

or worse yet, he knows better but still misinforms...seems unlikely tho

As i said, repetition helps stupid people sometimes.  The paper I've linked twice, dealt with the first  documented  human infection with h5n2  You insisted , incorrectly, that it was h5n1.  It's pretty straightforward when you stop being disingenuous.  But that's just your nature, I suppose.  Just like folks who lie about their credentials to buttress their weak arguments...

i know the link you posted was referring to H5N2.  We're not talking about that.  We're talking about H5N1, you know, the virus that is all over the news and in the spotlight.  You also said it would take 10 years of research for a vaccine for H5N2.  I provided you with a liberal media article talking about the relevant H5N1 vaccine being able to produced within weeks.  Instead of directly answering my question you pivoted to something completely different because you weren't sure how to answer.  You tried to deflect and got owned in the process.  

6 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Please go get your booster!  Do your part!

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, phypon said:

We're not talking about that.

"We", white man?  https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/whos_we_white_man_or_the_medias_mythical_majority/   I brought up the novel infection.  you just f'ed it up.  It appears that's your special talent.  C'mon rain!  Stop so I can play some golf and discuss news with smart people.