The foundation under Dr. Fauci is starting to crack...

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ah, poor thing

Do you admit you have not learned anything, appreciate the honesty. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Something that is rationed (COVID vaccines available if you are (1) old; (2) have certain health conditions; (3) are in a public contact job) is not "widely available."

It must have been the state you are in because it was being pushed on me by my union by the end of March 2021, and I was the "freak" for not having had it in June of 2021 when I visited Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Do you admit you have not learned anything, appreciate the honesty. 

It must have been the state you are in because it was being pushed on me by my union by the end of March 2021, and I was the "freak" for not having had it in June of 2021 when I visited Buffalo. 

it was first available to those labelled 1a in Dec 2020.  Later fla prioritized over 70 yo.  but let's not let facts get in the way of your narrative:  https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/23/covid-vaccine-texas-other-states-break-from-cdc-in-prioritizing-who-gets-next-round-of-shots.html

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis followed Texas on Tuesday, saying he intends to prioritize people over age 70 to be first to get the vaccine, not essential workers.

“The vaccines are going to be targeted where the risk is going to be greatest, and that is in our elderly population,” DeSantis said at a news briefing. “We are not going to put young, healthy workers ahead of our elderly, vulnerable population.”

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Something that is rationed (COVID vaccines available if you are (1) old; (2) have certain health conditions; (3) are in a public contact job) is not "widely available."

So 200 million in April was only enough to cover those contingencies? Sure, bro. 

Just now, JDHillFan said:

So 200 million in April was only enough to cover those contingencies? Sure, bro. 

Now where did I put those Tommy Eyerolls ...

There's about 62 million people 65 and over alone.

And while a lot of them are also over 65, there's over 100 million who have heart disease of some sort or another.

It's a big fat old country we got.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

BillsfanNC

< 50 

No underlying health conditions.

Not an essential healthcare worker.

First covid vaccine dose: 3/22/21

Second covid vaccine dose: 4/12/21

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So what you are saying is that it wasn’t widely available until summer? Who knew 200 million by April, with an unknown quantity ready to go didn’t qualify as widely available? It was probably considered rare even! 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

BillsfanNC

< 50 

No underlying health conditions.

Not an essential healthcare worker.

First covid vaccine dose: 3/22/21

Second covid vaccine dose: 4/12/21

good for you!  golf clap

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

5 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I am curious what do you think was learned from it? I am going to a wedding in a few weeks were I am being asked to take a COVID test 2 days before and the day of the wedding. One of the people getting married is a federal government employee and thinks they are reasonable. 

Interesting question. 

First off I think the person you are going to the wedding for is being unreasonable. If you are sick maybe take the test? I skipped a wedding because the girl getting married planned it on a Sunday during a bills game, no way I was going so I wouldn’t blame you if you don’t go.

One thing I kept reminding my brother of when it first started was they called it the novel Corona virus because it was a new virus and no one knew what the hell they were talking about. 

i think there was not any reasonableness. Everyone wanted to shut everything down, I could see it at first. But others just wanted to throw caution to the wind. 

When I went to the grocery store I put a mask on, I didn’t care for it but I wasn’t going to be on the 6:00 news because I fought everyone about it.

I wasn’t afraid of a vaccine that came out rather quick because science has advanced. The way they break down a molecule on a computer blows my mind plus the flu is a corona virus. I got the first two vaccines and after year and a half or two when it was time for the third one I didn’t think I needed it anymore and have not had the vaccine since. I had COVID twice and the second time wasn’t as bad. So f it. When it was all starting I just tried to make the best decisions I could for my family with the info I had at the time.

My brother came to my house from Vegas for something, I told him if he wanted to stay at my house I wanted him to get the vaccine, I have 4 kids and a wife I was worried about. If we had to do that again I don’t think I would ask him to get the vaccine. 

i would just hope everybody would learn to be more reasonable and less combative, if someone doesn’t want to social distance don’t. If they don’t want the vaccine don’t get it. That’s the way I felt about it when it was going on. If you take medical advice from a politician you get what you deserve. People who fought everything tooth and nail and thought it was a hoax i had no sympathy for if they died or spent months in the hospital. 

i know 3 people who died and two who will have COVID related issues for the rest of their lives.

i remember watching 60 minutes a few years ago and they had a story on the vaccine and they said they are working on a vaccine already for all future corona virus’s. I told my brother about it. He said “how can they do that?” I don’t know, I’m a floor installer ask them! He thinks they can’t do that, whom am I going to listen to? An alcoholic who has used drugs and a construction worker who has never spent a day in college or a doctor? 

what have the doctors learned? I have no idea. I just hope they are better prepared for the next time. I don’t think they are, I don’t think the public in general will Handel it better. 

I’ll probably do the same thing I did last time, just try to mind my own business, do my thing, make the best choices I think I can for me and my family, ignore all the noise.

The way I look at it now is it’s over. I don’t care to look back. I personally would not go to the wedding, I don’t care how close a family member they are. some people are extreme. I was at the gym this morning and two ladies had on a mask and plastic gloves. Still? To each his own. 

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And while a lot of them are also over 65, there's over 100 million who have heart disease of some sort or another.

It's a big fat old country we got.

4/21/21 - the date vaccine was opened to anyone over age 16. Even those 16 yo’s that weren’t sickly fatties. 

No one is saying that you shouldn’t keep defending Biden with the “it wasn’t widely available until summer” routine if it somehow works for you. Seems a little weird though. 

14 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

4/21/21 - the date vaccine was opened to anyone over age 16. Even those 16 yo’s that weren’t sickly fatties. 

No one is saying that you shouldn’t keep defending Biden with the “it wasn’t widely available until summer” routine if it somehow works for you. Seems a little weird though. 

Not in NC.   Anyone could get the vaccine by early-ish March here.  I remember waiting to get mine only because I was traveling for work. Even with the delay I had my IM immunogen by the third week of March.

A little anecdote from that time that I may have shared before. I went to a drive in vaccine site.  While waiting in line I struck up a conversation with one of the paramedics.  I asked him if he was seeing many adverse reactions to the vaccine.  He listed off a few incidents, mostly people fainting because of needle phobia.  Then he told me about a guy who lied on his consent form.  He knew he was allergic to some of the vaccine excipients but took the shot anyway because he was so afraid of covid.  An otherwise healthy young man nearly died because he was made to fear a virus that ultimately killed at most 1% of his age group.  

Fauci and his minions are pure evil.

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Not in NC.   Anyone could get the vaccine by early-ish March here.  I remember waiting to get mine only because I was traveling for work. Even with the delay I had my IM immunogen by the third week of March.

A little anecdote from that time that I may have shared before. I went to a drive in vaccine site.  While waiting in line I struck up a conversation with one of the paramedics.  I asked him if he was seeing many adverse reactions to the vaccine.  He listed off a few incidents, mostly people fainting because of needle phobia.  Then he told me about a guy who lied on his consent form.  He knew he was allergic to some of the vaccine excipients but took the shot anyway because he was so afraid of covid.  An otherwise healthy young man nearly died because he was made to fear a virus that ultimately killed at most 1% of his age group.  

Fauci and his minions are pure evil.

image.thumb.jpeg.6f8c4be2f566ed9c51040af0d6517b07.jpeg

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

it was first available to those labelled 1a in Dec 2020.  Later fla prioritized over 70 yo.  but let's not let facts get in the way of your narrative:  https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/23/covid-vaccine-texas-other-states-break-from-cdc-in-prioritizing-who-gets-next-round-of-shots.html

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis followed Texas on Tuesday, saying he intends to prioritize people over age 70 to be first to get the vaccine, not essential workers.

“The vaccines are going to be targeted where the risk is going to be greatest, and that is in our elderly population,” DeSantis said at a news briefing. “We are not going to put young, healthy workers ahead of our elderly, vulnerable population.”

I appreciate you confirming my time line. 

1 hour ago, 4th&amp;long said:

Interesting question. 

First off I think the person you are going to the wedding for is being unreasonable. If you are sick maybe take the test? I skipped a wedding because the girl getting married planned it on a Sunday during a bills game, no way I was going so I wouldn’t blame you if you don’t go.

One thing I kept reminding my brother of when it first started was they called it the novel Corona virus because it was a new virus and no one knew what the hell they were talking about. 

i think there was not any reasonableness. Everyone wanted to shut everything down, I could see it at first. But others just wanted to throw caution to the wind. 

When I went to the grocery store I put a mask on, I didn’t care for it but I wasn’t going to be on the 6:00 news because I fought everyone about it.

I wasn’t afraid of a vaccine that came out rather quick because science has advanced. The way they break down a molecule on a computer blows my mind plus the flu is a corona virus. I got the first two vaccines and after year and a half or two when it was time for the third one I didn’t think I needed it anymore and have not had the vaccine since. I had COVID twice and the second time wasn’t as bad. So f it. When it was all starting I just tried to make the best decisions I could for my family with the info I had at the time.

My brother came to my house from Vegas for something, I told him if he wanted to stay at my house I wanted him to get the vaccine, I have 4 kids and a wife I was worried about. If we had to do that again I don’t think I would ask him to get the vaccine. 

i would just hope everybody would learn to be more reasonable and less combative, if someone doesn’t want to social distance don’t. If they don’t want the vaccine don’t get it. That’s the way I felt about it when it was going on. If you take medical advice from a politician you get what you deserve. People who fought everything tooth and nail and thought it was a hoax i had no sympathy for if they died or spent months in the hospital. 

i know 3 people who died and two who will have COVID related issues for the rest of their lives.

i remember watching 60 minutes a few years ago and they had a story on the vaccine and they said they are working on a vaccine already for all future corona virus’s. I told my brother about it. He said “how can they do that?” I don’t know, I’m a floor installer ask them! He thinks they can’t do that, whom am I going to listen to? An alcoholic who has used drugs and a construction worker who has never spent a day in college or a doctor? 

what have the doctors learned? I have no idea. I just hope they are better prepared for the next time. I don’t think they are, I don’t think the public in general will Handel it better. 

I’ll probably do the same thing I did last time, just try to mind my own business, do my thing, make the best choices I think I can for me and my family, ignore all the noise.

The way I look at it now is it’s over. I don’t care to look back. I personally would not go to the wedding, I don’t care how close a family member they are. some people are extreme. I was at the gym this morning and two ladies had on a mask and plastic gloves. Still? To each his own. 

You admitting in the middle you would do things differently is a good sign that you are trying to to learn, which we should all do. As for the wedding it is for my wife's side of family and lots of commitments around it. My major annoyance is they waited until this week to let us know. The parents are mortified that they waited until now to tell people after all plans have been made. What I truly hope we learn is that government lies to us all the time and we need to be less trusting when they take away our freedoms

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

lol my wife is an icu nurse and we travelled the country in our Rv all during Covid to the hotspots. She treated Covid patients until the end of the pandemic. 

you missed my point. These docs played god and killed 7 million people. Put them in jail or hang ‘em for all those deaths. Make an example of them to not make this mistake again

You are right i missed your point.  I still don't get it.  Are the bad doctors the inventors of the virus?  Or someone else?

56 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

You admitting in the middle you would do things differently is a good sign that you are trying to to learn, which we should all do. As for the wedding it is for my wife's side of family and lots of commitments around it. My major annoyance is they waited until this week to let us know. The parents are mortified that they waited until now to tell people after all plans have been made. What I truly hope we learn is that government lies to us all the time and we need to be less trusting when they take away our freedoms

That’sa pretty nasty trick, not being up front about getting tested. I don’t want to talk trash about your family, I don’t know them or the situation. But I’m wondering if they were afraid people might not show up if they knew before hand?

The govt lies all the time. If a politician is talking I just assume they are lying, so no surprise there. I think they should just warn people and let them make their own decisions. If they end up in a body bag o well. Someone will born tomorrow to replace them. 

43 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You are right i missed your point.  I still don't get it.  Are the bad doctors the inventors of the virus?  Or someone else?

If the lab leak theory is correct and we funded them without knowing how piss poor their protocols were we hang the people who didn’t check. Hang the doctors who created it. Hang the ones who covered it up. 7 million people died

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Here's the actual paper straight off the press:  https://bmjpublichealth.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000282

The twitterer overstated the conclusions.  It's a paragraph in the linked paper, worth a read.  So is the discussion section summarizing multiple prior studies with different findings and presumably, conclusions as well as serious study limitations.  Interesting paper that will be controversial and criticized.   Data will be questioned.  Methods will be criticized.  And there will also be supporters of the authors. Science is cool.