The foundation under Dr. Fauci is starting to crack...

10 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I did what I wanted for my family and me. Not much you can do about closing things down but there always is the great out door’s and friends to visit. Things to do around the house. I was just fine, worked every day. 

You got to let it go. hopefully everyone learned from it if it happens again.

I am curious what do you think was learned from it? I am going to a wedding in a few weeks were I am being asked to take a COVID test 2 days before and the day of the wedding. One of the people getting married is a federal government employee and thinks they are reasonable. 

Posted (edited)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lron f-stain!

The covid pandemic: They will never be the same. It broke them.

This pandemic shifted the entire history of the planet you friggin moron. Nobody will be the same.The entire friggin world shut down with mostly useless mitigation measures because of a virus that was genetically engineered in a Chinese lab. 

But....Get over it already!

:lol:

Useful idiot indeed.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I am curious what do you think was learned from it? I am going to a wedding in a few weeks were I am being asked to take a COVID test 2 days before and the day of the wedding. One of the people getting married is a federal government employee and thinks they are reasonable. 

Ah, poor thing

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BillStime said:

GPLbwqAW8AA86xH?format=jpg&name=small

Absolutely...and solidly differentiated the quacks from the scientists (although that was very clear on this forum before covid).  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8058247/Donald-Trump-tweets-GOP-physician-banning-Anthony-Fauci-5-shows.html?ITO=applenews this POS was a huge proponent of HCQ but yesterday told everyone he was correct on Covid all along.  The R chair of the committee is a podiatrist who purports to be a "surgeon" from his time at Abu Graib (sp?).  
(Who knew so many abused prisoners needed urgent foot care?).  These shills are embarrassments to their profession as would be "Doc" if he really had an MD diploma...They're no better than MTG railing against one of the worlds most respected experts in Infectious Disease.  They're worse tho because they know that science is the basis of medicine and still contend that it's evil.  MAGA's need a villain.  Science will do just fine.  It's elitist don't you know...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Absolutely...and solidly differentiated the quacks from the scientists (although that was very clear on this forum before covid).  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8058247/Donald-Trump-tweets-GOP-physician-banning-Anthony-Fauci-5-shows.html?ITO=applenews this POS was a huge proponent of HCQ but yesterday told everyone he was correct on Covid all along.  The R chair of the committee is a podiatrist who purports to be a "surgeon" from his time at Abu Graib (sp?).  
(Who knew so many abused prisoners needed urgent foot care?).  These shills are embarrassments to their profession as would be "Doc" if he really had an MD diploma...They're no better than MTG railing against one of the worlds most respected experts in Infectious Disease.  They're worse tho because they know that science is the basis of medicine and still contend that it's evil.  MAGA's need a villain.  Science will do just fine.  It's elitist don't you know...

Story of their fkn lives...

image.thumb.jpeg.6f8c4be2f566ed9c51040af0d6517b07.jpeg

We all know where the buck does not stop:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Have you had any follow up meetings with your band of Virginia Virologists that are certain of natural origin? It would be nice to know who I can trust on the matter. 

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Have you had any follow up meetings with your band of Virginia Virologists that are certain of natural origin? It would be nice to know who I can trust on the matter. 

Why can't you trust this guy?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Awesome! (+1) 1

These hearings demonstrate what is wrong with America.

There is a good reason to hold the hearings, but it is not to score cheap political points (ooh, look, there's Fauci sitting in an empty section with two other people at a ballgame and he's LOWERED HIS MASK!).

It is to discuss - and come up with a policy - to prevent future pandemics and to deal with them when they happen.

So the lab origin theory should be addressed, as should funding and certification/inspections of any labs doing gain of function research.

The part that annoys me the most: we now know that the most effective strategy to prevent spread of airborne viruses like this is air circulation. Why no policy on improving this in schools? In public buildings?

And also: the immense fraud in COVID money giveaways. Even worse, things like this:

https://apnews.com/article/minnesota-feeding-our-future-pandemic-fraud-73610b59bb60bf33f2aa06063bb592d2

A juror was dismissed Monday after reporting that a woman dropped a bag of $120,000 in cash at her home and offered her more money if she would vote to acquit seven people charged with stealing more than $40 million from a program meant to feed children during the pandemic.

“This is completely beyond the pale,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Joseph Thompson said in court on Monday. “This is outrageous behavior. This is stuff that happens in mob movies.”

These seven are the first of 70 defendants expected to go to trial in a conspiracy that cost taxpayers $250 million. Eighteen others have pleaded guilty, and authorities said they recovered about $50 million in one of the nation’s largest pandemic-related fraud cases. Prosecutors say just a fraction of the money went to feed low-income kids, while the rest was spent on luxury cars, jewelry, travel and property.

20 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

ooh, look, there's Fauci sitting in an empty section with two other people at a ballgame and he's LOWERED HIS MASK!).

Agree with everything you said with a quibble regarding the above. Had he not worn the mask ON THE PITCHERS MOUND (all caps can be popular so I wanted to try it too. It’s fun!) perhaps nobody would have said boo. It was a stunning display of the idiocy of the time  and a very good reason to doubt those in charge. That’s 100% on the good doctor. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Agree with everything you said with a quibble regarding the above. Had he not worn the mask ON THE PITCHERS MOUND (all caps can be popular so I wanted to try it too. It’s fun!) perhaps nobody would have said boo. It was a stunning display of the idiocy of the time  and a very good reason to doubt those in charge. That’s 100% on the good doctor. 

Yes. There was a lot of foolishness, much of which has been documented here. We learned that when there's not a whole lot you can do (other than locking yourself in at your single-family home), people substitute and even promote ineffective things. Maybe they help us psychologically at the time by given us some sense of control/security. Whatever.

Again, I'm more interested in doing a kind of hotwash - what we did that was good, what we did that was bad, what we did that was well-meaning but unproductive or counterproductive. Have we done that? Not that I know of. THAT's (see the use of capitalization? easier than bold) the hearing I still want. And there's plenty of blame to spread around: Trump, Biden, Fauci, CDC, NIH, governors, WHO, etc, etc. These hearings are, sadly, just another distraction from what really needs to happen. Because this will not be the last novel virus we have to deal with.

EDIT: you may prefer the kind of Random Capitalization that makes the Former president such an Effective communicator.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes. There was a lot of foolishness, much of which has been documented here. We learned that when there's not a whole lot you can do (other than locking yourself in at your single-family home), people substitute and even promote ineffective things. Maybe they help us psychologically at the time by given us some sense of control/security. Whatever.

Again, I'm more interested in doing a kind of hotwash - what we did that was good, what we did that was bad, what we did that was well-meaning but unproductive or counterproductive. Have we done that? Not that I know of. THAT's (see the use of capitalization? easier than bold) the hearing I still want. And there's plenty of blame to spread around: Trump, Biden, Fauci, CDC, NIH, governors, WHO, etc, etc. These hearings are, sadly, just another distraction from what really needs to happen. Because this will not be the last novel virus we have to deal with.

EDIT: you may prefer the kind of Random Capitalization that makes the Former president such an Effective communicator.

I absolutely agree WITH you. Unfortunately, IT’s Washington DC we ARE talking ABOUT. That kind OF honest EFFORT would NEVER TAKe place no matter WHO is in CHARGE. EFFING SAD. 

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I absolutely agree WITH you. Unfortunately, IT’s Washington DC we ARE talking ABOUT. That kind OF honest EFFORT would NEVER TAKe place no matter WHO is in CHARGE. EFFING SAD. 

Well played. You are learning, grasshopper

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

How many people died? 7 million?  That's Hitler numbers. Don't you want consquences for the people that caused this?  Next you'll probably say the nazi scientists shouldn't have been convicted cause they were doing experiments on people in the name of science lol. 

7 million people. Hitler killed 6 million Jews and another 7 mil others in the camps. 

If we had it your way more would have died.  Not you specifically but the right.  100%.  

We need to examine what worked and what didn't so we're more prepared next time.   Simple.   

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

If we had it your way more would have died.  Not you specifically but the right.  100%.  

We need to examine what worked and what didn't so we're more prepared next time.   Simple.   

Why not just believe the science, like we were told?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

Why not just believe the science, like we were told?

The lack of transparency was criminal. That's the biggest take I got out of the COVID years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Biden was hailing 200M vaccinated on April 21, 2021. You don’t consider that “widely available”? 

I think you may be off by, oh, a hundred million or more ...

... there's only about 350 million in this country. 

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Umm, Because science is not static. What medicine believed even 10 years ago in many areas has changed. 

You got me there Fergy, heck, ten years ago there were only 2 genders. What a wacky world we lived in back then.

• Haha (+1) 2