The foundation under Dr. Fauci is starting to crack...

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

Which makes this statement by Kamala Harris at the VP debate so hurtful:

“But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it."

And then there was the future President Brandon (who was still going by Biden at the time) saying:

"Look at what’s happened. Enormous pressure put on the CDC not to put out the detailed guidelines. The enormous pressure being put on the FDA to say they’re going, that the following protocol will in fact reduce, it will have a giant impact on COVID. All these things turn out not to be true, and when a president continues to mislead and lie, when we finally do, God willing, get a vaccine, who’s going to take the shot? Who’s going to take the shot? You going to be the first one to say, ‘Put me — sign me up, they now say it’s OK’? I’m not being facetious."

Those comments surely did not help to save lives. 

Neither side should politicize public health.  Harris's statements were bad.  Biden's, not so much.  His point was that if the agencies are rushed or pressured, that will lead to a lack of confidence.

29 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Biden was hailing 200M vaccinated on April 21, 2021. You don’t consider that “widely available”? 

I don't believe the vaccine was open to all adults at that time.  If it was, it had only recently become available.

35 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

In which our resident junior "scientist" forgets that COVID barely existed in the USA for the first quarter of 2020 and that the vaccines were not widely available until the summer of 2021.

Oh, never mind! My error. The vaccines actually killed more people than they saved. All the the low cost of that little government tracking device in our arms.

Yup, Wuhan virus barely existed in 2020.  We knew almost nothing about it.  There were no vaccines until the end of the year.  There were no treatments.  And more than a few "deaths" were people who died with it and not from it.

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Neither side should politicize public health.  Harris's statements were bad.  Biden's, not so much.  His point was that if the agencies are rushed or pressured, that will lead to a lack of confidence.

And being a politician, a bad one over the course of 50 years, he would have been raising hell if there wasn’t pressure to get it done.

The dumbass helped undermine public confidence. 

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Biden's were no better than Harris'.  Basically the same "I wouldn't trust the vaccines because of X."  But they did it knowing the vaccines were coming out soon, and possibly before the election and they wanted to get ahead of it.

Just now, JDHillFan said:

And being a politician, a bad one over the course of 50 years, he would have been raising hell if there wasn’t pressure to get it done.

The dumbass helped undermine public confidence. 

I understood Biden just fine.  My confidence was shaken more by the man who suggested injecting disinfectant as a cure for Covid.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I can’t believe people still talk about Covid? I was glad to put it in the rear view mirror and not look back! People are *****in nuts!

I will never forget what happened during covid because the weak-minded, obedient cattle who allowed themselves to be manipulated into mass hysteria and turn on their fellow man will do it again … and it will happen again. 

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I understood Biden just fine.  My confidence was shaken more by the man who suggested injecting disinfectant as a cure for Covid.

Because disinfectant is like the vaccine?

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I will never forget what happened during covid because the weak-minded, obedient cattle who allowed themselves to be manipulated into mass hysteria and turn on their fellow man will do it again … and it will happen again. 

I did what I wanted for my family and me. Not much you can do about closing things down but there always is the great out door’s and friends to visit. Things to do around the house. I was just fine, worked every day. 

You got to let it go. hopefully everyone learned from it if it happens again.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

I did what I wanted for my family and me. Not much you can do about closing things down but there always is the great out door’s and friends to visit. Things to do around the house. I was just fine, worked every day. 

You got to let it go. hopefully everyone learned from it if it happens again.

You overestimate our human nature.

I don’t know that it will be another pandemic, but it will be something .. and those same people will react the same way. 

The people in power will manipulate in the same manner. 

The only hope I have is that mainstream media no longer controls messaging the masses and there are legitimate competing outlets for information to negate what we saw when the media & YouTube/Facebook/Twitter all worked in conjunction with the government to control speech. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I can’t believe people still talk about Covid? I was glad to put it in the rear view mirror and not look back! People are *****in nuts!

It broke them.  They will never be the same.  They'll be muttering about masks, social distancing, and Fauci years from now.

7 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

It broke them.  They will never be the same.  They'll be muttering about masks, social distancing, and Fauci years from now.

How many people died? 7 million?  That's Hitler numbers. Don't you want consquences for the people that caused this?  Next you'll probably say the nazi scientists shouldn't have been convicted cause they were doing experiments on people in the name of science lol. 

7 million people. Hitler killed 6 million Jews and another 7 mil others in the camps. 

• Like (+1) 1