As far as I'm concerned, TD had a playoff team

in his four seasons as pres/GM, donahoe has taken a talent-poor team buried under the salary cap and turned it into an on-the-cusp-of-greatness organization that has its' financial ship in order and a roster full of very good football players.  he has made a few mistakes -- hiring GW instead of john fox or marvin lewis; believing bledsoe was the answer at QB; not insisting on the firing of gilbride (and there are others) -- but the majority of his personnel decisions have been solid and, at times, brilliant.

319602[/snapback]

This pretty much echoes my take on TD. However, after doing the following exercise those griping about TD also seem to have a legit argument......

NFL teams that have not appeared in the playoffs, 2000 to present (TD's tenure):

Cincinnati

Jacksonville

Washington

Arizona

Detroit

Houston

Buffalo

That's some sorry company. :lol:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look, another little suzy sunshine is heard from... :lol:

Is Donahoe not part of the team?

319901[/snapback]

The Buffalo Donahoes? Sorry, I forgot how sensitive you personality cult nutcases can be. You are just the flip side of the TD basher coin.

This pretty much echoes my take on TD.  However, after doing the following exercise those griping about TD also seem to have a legit argument......

NFL teams that have not appeared in the playoffs, 2000 to present (TD's tenure):

Cincinnati

Jacksonville

Washington

Arizona

Detroit

Houston

Buffalo

That's some sorry company.  :lol:

319920[/snapback]

Ouch, that does hurt. You wouldn't think Buffalo and Jacksonville should be in that company.

The Buffalo Donahoes?  Sorry, I forgot how sensitive you personality cult nutcases can be.  You are just the flip side of the TD basher coin.

319928[/snapback]

"Part of" equals the Buffalo Donahoes? Sheesh, I forgot how stupid you pissin-n-moanin' nutcases can be. You are just the flip side of the rational person coin.

Donahoe is largely responsible for why our team is as exciting as it is. How many other teams fans would love to have Willis McGahee in their backfield? Lee Evans? Takeo? Nate? We have a lot of exciting players, and this team is on the verge of making an impact. When TD starts dishing out millions to people like Joe Panos, then maybe I'll distinguish between TD and the team. Until then, I'm a Bills optimist.

319904[/snapback]

Fair enough. I just disagree. I don't think we were all that exciting until we started lining up against the worst teams in the league in the latter half of the season. I have no problem with special teams and not many on defense but that offensive line was just awful. Just my opinion.

I think TD has made some real finds such as McGee. I do think he has tried to get by on the cheap when it comes to the OL and it has cost us. I think at times he has gone for the headline grabbing pick instead of what we needed.

The bottom line is that if this team doesn't start making the playoffs, sooner later everyone is going to get fired, TD included. That is the way it has always been in the NFL and neither TD nor anyone else in that organization is exempt from that reality. The only thing we are really debating is the question JSP keeps asking which is simply, at what point do the lack of results on the field catch up with TD? I think that in the 5th year of GM's reign, that is a legitimate question.

All the "TD Basher" name calling and all is just juvenile. It is a serious question, at what point, if any, is TD in trouble if this team continues to wallow forever on the cusp?

Fair enough.  I just disagree.  I don't think we were all that exciting until we started lining up against the worst teams in the league in the latter half of the season.  I have no problem with special teams and not many on defense but that offensive line was just awful.  Just my opinion.

I think TD has made some real finds such as McGee.  I do think he has tried to get by on the cheap when it comes to the OL and it has cost us.  I think at times he has gone for the headline grabbing pick instead of what we needed.

The bottom line is that if this team doesn't start making the playoffs, sooner later everyone is going to get fired, TD included.  That is the way it has always been in the NFL and neither TD nor anyone else in that organization is exempt from that reality.  The only thing we are really debating is the question JSP keeps asking which is simply, at what point do the lack of results on the field catch up with TD?  I think that in the 5th year of GM's reign, that is a legitimate question.

All the "TD Basher" name calling and all is just juvenile.  It is a serious question, at what point, if any, is TD in trouble if this team continues to wallow forever on the cusp?

319946[/snapback]

This is a sign that the Apocalypse is upon is. Mickey agrees with me.

"Part of" equals the Buffalo Donahoes? Sheesh, I forgot how stupid you pissin-n-moanin' nutcases can be. You are just the flip side of the rational person coin.

319934[/snapback]

What is the matter, too busy worshipping to come up with your own insults? Never seen you defend a player as much as you do TD. Tell you what, offer your kids a choice on whether they want a poster of TD in their room or JP and get back to me.

Fair enough.  I just disagree.  I don't think we were all that exciting until we started lining up against the worst teams in the league in the latter half of the season.  I have no problem with special teams and not many on defense but that offensive line was just awful.  Just my opinion.

I think TD has made some real finds such as McGee.  I do think he has tried to get by on the cheap when it comes to the OL and it has cost us.  I think at times he has gone for the headline grabbing pick instead of what we needed.

The bottom line is that if this team doesn't start making the playoffs, sooner later everyone is going to get fired, TD included.  That is the way it has always been in the NFL and neither TD nor anyone else in that organization is exempt from that reality.  The only thing we are really debating is the question JSP keeps asking which is simply, at what point do the lack of results on the field catch up with TD?  I think that in the 5th year of GM's reign, that is a legitimate question.

All the "TD Basher" name calling and all is just juvenile.  It is a serious question, at what point, if any, is TD in trouble if this team continues to wallow forever on the cusp?

319946[/snapback]

I think that if I did not truly believe that we are going to be in the playoffs this year, in addition to being on the verge of becoming a top tier team in the league, I would feel more drawn to the discussion about how much longer TD will be here. If we take a step back this year, my position will likely change to some degree.

As for the line, I know people are tired of the DB basing, but I really think JP will 'Flutify' it. I think DB exposed the weaknesses of the Oline, whereas JP's style of play will offset them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, bro.

I think that if I did not truly believe that we are going to be in the playoffs this year, in addition to being on the verge of becoming a top tier team in the league, I would feel more drawn to the discussion about how much longer TD will be here. If we take a step back this year, my position will likely change to some degree.

As for the line, I know people are tired of the DB basing, but I really think JP will 'Flutify' it. I think DB exposed the weaknesses of the Oline, whereas JP's style of play will offset them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, bro.

319966[/snapback]

Bro...could you switch it up to "man" or "dude" or something once in a while? :lol:

Bro...could you switch it up to "man" or "dude" or something once in a while?  :lol:

319971[/snapback]

Sure thing, homey ;)

What is the matter, too busy worshipping to come up with your own insults?  Never seen you defend a player as much as you do TD.  Tell you what, offer your kids a choice on whether they want a poster of TD in their room or JP and get back to me.

319959[/snapback]

Too busy banging Mrs. Mickey (if there is a Mrs. Mickey, being such a miserable old bastard probably means you live alone). Fug that, my kid is obviously smarter than you and knows it's all about defense, and will have a poster of Takeo on the wall.

Too busy banging Mrs. Mickey (if there is a Mrs. Mickey, being such a miserable old bastard probably means you live alone). Fug that, my kid is obviously smarter than you and knows it's all about defense, and will have a poster of Takeo on the wall.

319980[/snapback]

I'll have to tell Mrs. McGill about that the next time I see her :lol:

319980[/snapback]

Whoa lol.....ask and you shall recieve, I guess

319946[/snapback]

This thread has really gotten me to thinking when will I be so pissed at TD that I want him gone. He has done many good things for us and some bad all of which are debated above. Please remember that he is also President, so in reality, I don't think what we the fans think about TD matters one whit to Wilson.

I do not expect to make the playoffs this year. I think that will be too difficult with a 1st year starter (I know the whole Big Ben scenario from last year, so I know its not impossible, its just improbable). So unless this team drops back to 3-13 or 2-14 or just something horrendous like that, I would give this year a pass. But looking ahead to 2006, I not only expect to make the playoffs, but I fully expect to be a competitor for the SB. That means either a Division title or a very close record to whoever wins the AFC East. And if we go in as a Wild Card, a decisive win in that game.

With one year with JP starting and if the defense still remains among the best (and it should), this team will have absolutely no excuse in 2006.

Basically, I'm giving TD a pass this year. The coaching staff looks like it is going to be a good one. We have the players, the only question is at the most important position on the team. Since we did not do a whole lot with the OLine, I'm putting all blame on the OLine on the coaches, its obvious they feel we have the talent to put together a decent Line.

I think this year we start out slow as JP and the OLine get up to speed, 3-5 in the beginning, but finish strong at 6-2 to finish up with a 9-7 record, missing the playoffs.

Like the Jets did when they won to get into the playoffs? Oh wait, they lost to St Louis.

On the road.

In overtime.

Against a team playing for their playoff lives.

JDG

TD can only assemble the talent. If the players dont play or the coaches dont coach then they get replaced. I think TD has done a reasonably good job of putting talent on the roster.

With the exception of Bledsoe (Should have cut him when it was no cap hit) he has done an above average job.

TD can only assemble the talent. If the players dont play or the coaches dont coach then they get replaced. I think TD has done a reasonably good job of putting talent on the roster.

320024[/snapback]

I agree with that 100%.