Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

13 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

We're closing in on 3 years of the Ukraine war. 

And the original Cold War lasted about 45 years. With an incredible amount of military spending, the Marshall Plan rebuilding Europe, proxy wars in Korea, Vietnam, the Cuban Missile Crisis, mutually assured nuclear destruction, etc., etc.

I guess that wasn't worth it? Maybe we should have just let Stalin have all of Europe.

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And the original Cold War lasted about 45 years. With an incredible amount of military spending, the Marshall Plan rebuilding Europe, proxy wars in Korea, Vietnam, the Cuban Missile Crisis, mutually assured nuclear destruction, etc., etc.

I guess that wasn't worth it? Maybe we should have just let Stalin have all of Europe.

How was Viet Nam "worth it"? 

You're comparing the Ukraine War to the Marshall Plan?  How so?

Putin has ZERO chance of being like Stalin. It's taken him 3 years of stalemate WWI style trench warfare and he still hasn't taken over 1 small country.  And he's gonna conquer all of Europe?.  He attacks a NATO country and he's dead and he knows it.

I really don't think your comparison is accurate.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

How was Viet Nam "worth it"? 

You're comparing the Ukraine War to the Marshall Plan?  How so?

Putin has ZERO chance of being like Stalin. It's taken him 3 years of stalemate WWI style trench warfare and he still hasn't taken over 1 small country.  And he's gonna conquer all of Europe?.  He attacks a NATO country and he's dead and he knows it.

I really don't think your comparison is accurate.

Sometimes things that are important take time and resolve.

No, not everything we did in service of deterring the Evil Empire (Reagan's words) was wise in retrospect. But our resolve was critical in eventually bringing freedom to the Baltic states, Poland, Czech/Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria. Some might call it a righteous cause ...

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Congrats Covidiots!!!!  You did it!  

You transferred nearly all wealth to the upper .5 percent.  Great job!!!!

Vote Blue!!!!!

When evaluating net worth/income numbers nominal dollar figures are not as important as adjusted for inflation apples to apples purchasing power. Earlier in my working life I was able to purchase my first home, buy a new car, go on vacation, spent some on an active social life along with saving and investing a little too. Making about 1/4 my current nominal income. I doubt many of the current generation making 2 or 3 times as much in nominal dollars can do that today. Under Joe the standard of living for many has fallen. Are they better off today than 4 years ago? Doubtful.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Vote Blue!!!!!

If we had actual journalism, that chart and the reasoning behind it, and what it's doing to people would be dominating the cycle.

Just waiting for Biden to propose a Commerical real estate bailout or program to buy the properties for housing.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

If we had actual journalism, that chart and the reasoning behind it, and what it's doing to people would be dominating the cycle.

Just waiting for Biden to propose a Commerical real estate bailout or program to buy the properties for housing.  

They focus on manufactured and imaginary issues and ignore reality and when their routine is challenged by facts and real life situations they play the victim.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Correct.  Full North Korea.  

The 16 Nobel economists specifically state that they believe a Trump presidency would increase inflation.

This is not terribly surprising given that Trump was pretty much a deficit dove, and that he is now pitching the most extreme tariffs we've seen since Smoot-Hawley.

(By the way, it's taking an awfully long time for the righty critics to point out that one of the 16 - Akerlof - is Janet Yellen's husband. So there. I did it for you.)

17 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Vote Blue!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The 16 Nobel economists specifically state that they believe a Trump presidency would increase inflation.

This is not terribly surprising given that Trump was pretty much a deficit dove, and that he is now pitching the most extreme tariffs we've seen since Smoot-Hawley.

(By the way, it's taking an awfully long time for the righty critics to point out that one of the 16 - Akerlof - is Janet Yellen's husband. So there. I did it for you.)

Demand side is amazing for the very top and the owners of fortune 500 on the receiving end of the majority of said spending.

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

When evaluating net worth/income numbers nominal dollar figures are not as important as adjusted for inflation apples to apples purchasing power. Earlier in my working life I was able to purchase my first home, buy a new car, go on vacation, spent some on an active social life along with saving and investing a little too. Making about 1/4 my current nominal income. I doubt many of the current generation making 2 or 3 times as much in nominal dollars can do that today. Under Joe the standard of living for many has fallen. Are they better off today than 4 years ago? Doubtful.

We live in DT tax structure….it’s the only thing passed in his tenure. These graphs lack the dimension of income and wealth distribution.

On 2/3/2023 at 1:27 PM, B-Man said:

:lol:

Reminder:

Biden's 'female' supreme court justice.

As the confirmation hearing for Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson went into hour 13,

Sen. Marsha Blackburn asked the Supreme Court nominee on Tuesday to define the word “woman.”

“I can’t — ” Jackson replied.

“You can’t?” Blackburn said.

“Not in this context. I’m not a biologist,” Jackson said.

“The meaning of the word woman is so unclear and controversial that you can’t give me a definition?” Blackburn asked.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/22/blackburn-jackson-define-the-word-woman-00019543

• Thank you (+1) 1